Photo

adding custom animations ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Teklor

Teklor

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

i'm wondering if it's possible to make your own animated pictures.  I've been playing with GIMP and noticed that you can do animations layer by layer and would like to try adding something like that to my game if it's possible...if so how would i go about it?

Thanks

#2 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,807 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Just check out the animations folders and study their image dimensions. I forgot how it's divided, but it should help if you look at the default ones and how they're set up. You can then add custom animations in the animation tab of your database.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.

#3 fitchex

fitchex

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Go to the help file and read up on how the templates are designed for the animations. The easiest way to do this would be this = go to RPG MAKER. Go to resource manager then export pretty much any battle animation. Now go to photoshop or whatever image editing program you use. open the exported battle animation and then create a new layer over top of the battle animatiom. now design/cut and paste/ do whatever you want to get the images and paste them over top of the exported battle animation(make sure you have a transparent canvas and your image has know background its only transparent with the image in the middle). once you are satisfied with the amount of frames you have delete the first layer (the exported battle animations) and then either A) Go to rpg maker vx ace then resource manager --> battle animation then import your custome battle animation (MAKE SURE YOU SAVED IT AS .PNG SO YOU GET TRANSPARENCY, IF NOT YOUR TRANSPARENCY WILL SHOW AS WHITE OR BLACK). or B) Just save the .png file to my documents --> rpg maker vx ace --> youprojectfile --> graphics --> animations. Hope that helps.