themo

Fairytale Forest tiles

10 posts in this topic

I thought i would try my hand at making my own tile sets and to start off with i am trying to make what i need for a fairytale forest complete with gingerbread houses and a Tim Burton style landscape.

This first one is an edit of the standard tile set " Outside B " and i have almost finished the housing tile set that goes with it and will add soon. If this or any part of it is useful to anybody, feel free to use it or edit it. About a quarter of it is still the standard tile set and a couple of edits but i tried to group them up in the bottom left. I still need to add shadows for allot of it i just realized XD

themocandytilesb.png

themocandytilesa3.png

Edited by themo
Hyaziha, Riiya, icerose05 and 3 others like this

Ahh, creative idea. The candy-cane windows were a simple but inspired thought.

Added the A3 tiles. I need practice but i think is ok for a first try ^.^

Woah man, these are awesome. I especially like the hobit hole hehe :D

I need to fix these, it looks wrong as it is. I will get the sprite set done first then redo tile sets. I also have some animations coming so by the time i am finished every pixel in the game can have been drawn by me hopefully XD

Skunk likes this

these are pretty cool, bro. I like the innovation of what you turned the rocks and trees and (crystals?) into.  Though, I agree, you'll be better off once you edit it further. I wish you luck with the project-in-mind and I look forward to seeing what maps and worlds come from this. :)

themo likes this

Oh my god these are wonderful!! Mind if I use these? I'm making a map inspired by the witch's gingerbread house from the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel. It's going to be a commercial game, but I'll give you a free copy when it's done!

My goodness.  Themo, I look at your stuff and am blown away.  You do an amazing job with this stuff!

Some of the edges seem a little bit dark and sharp, but these are great, so good work!

Oh, I love, love, love the little in-ground building with the circular doorway. Good job. These are really cute. :wub: