Photo

Very Simple Hud

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 lilcooldude69

lilcooldude69

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

Introduction
This is the second script ive ever made, Hopefully you guys like it, Im not very good at scripting xD so go easy on meh if u see un optimized things or whatever, This is Just a Simple hud that displays the main info people usually like to see. Nothing too complex..

Features
Displays The actors name/level/hp/mp/tp/exp/currency.
Lets you shut it off with a switch of your choosing.
You can change a few things inside of the script not too much tho :X

Script
edit: because the codebox/spoiler was being weird i fixed it :X
Script

Installation
Put the script above main but below materials, Change the configuration to your likeing, The hud turns on when turn the switch you specified inside the script, turns on.

Screenshots
Spoiler

no need for demo its basically plug and play, Credit me if you use for commercial(Highly doubt you will use this for commercial XD), if non-commercial game no need to credit.

Mods please let me know if i didnt post the script correctly x-x i will fix instantly if you do.

Edited by lilcooldude69, 14 April 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#2 Bynine

Bynine

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

Well done! This looks very nicely made.

#3 lilcooldude69

lilcooldude69

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thank you Bynine, XD, yeah i made something similar to this on VX, and decided maybe i could just port this over to VX Ace for the heck of it, glad you like it :)

#4 whataface2

whataface2

• Early Adopter
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Is there a way to have the HUD only show up when specific button is pushed? I have played around with the button push condition to no luck. Sorry I horrible with scripting.

#5 kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

I've got a couple of questions about this script, which hopefully you'll be able to help me with! :)

1. How do I change the colour of the TP gauge? No matter what I try, it stays that dull black colour.
2. How do I get rid of the window? I just want to show the HP/MP/etc gauges themselves just hanging in the air.

#6 Rapu

Rapu

One foot in grave, the other in hell.

• Early Adopter
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

Is there a way to have the HUD only show up when specific button is pushed? I have played around with the button push condition to no luck. Sorry I horrible with scripting.

Yes there is a way. First you'll need to configure the switch ID from the script, by default it's 1. Then go to the Common Events.

Make a new Common Event and make it Parallel Process, choose another switch that activates this Common Event. You need to activate this somewhere in your game to trigger the common event, otherwise this doesn't work. After that create a new Conditional Branch and choose "Script" (fourth tab) and use this script
Input.trigger?(Input::A)
Input::A is Shift on your keyboard. Tick off the "Set handling when conditions doesn't apply". Note: If you use While button is pressed in Conditional Branch, it doesn't work. You don't want it to enable and disable the HUD rapidly while the button is being pressed. That's why you need to use this script I provided.

Make an another Conditional Branch inside the Conditional Branch. This time choose, when switch is ON. Use your HUD switch you configured earlier, by default it's 1. Make sure you enable "Set handling when conditions doesn't apply". When the switch is ON, put there to turn the switch OFF. And "Else" spot, Switch OFF.

Your Common Event should look like this:
Spoiler

commonsense.png

#7 lilcooldude69

lilcooldude69

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

@kwanzaabot,

if you want to change the color of the tp gauge, you'll need to make a new definition for it and pick the color of the gauge, look at window_base under draw tp gauge.
as for a blank window, i'm not exactly sure how you would do that, you could make a blank image and use that, but i wouldnt know how to call upon it and incoporate it into the hud.

#8 pixel justice

pixel justice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hey, I'm really new to scripting in vx Ace, so I was wondering if it would be hard to make the HUD not show the character Level. I want the characters name longer than four characters and it starts to overlap. Awesome HUD though :D i'm using it right now and it looks great

#9 outlandish-artist

outlandish-artist

• Early Adopter
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Great job on this! I did some editing to it to make it work for my game, but I'll definitely be giving you credit. Would it be ok for me to post my changes to the script on this thread just in case someone wants to use them as long as I give you the credit. I basically changed the window so that it resizes the portrait to half size and puts the player's gold and hp and mp bars to the right of the portrait rather than on top of it. The only problem I have is that when I switch the main party leader the script doesn't update the info and portrait right away. I have to open the menu and close it again before it updates it. Here's a screen of the new look along with Syvkal's Menu Bars.

Posted Image

#10 Seacliff

Seacliff

The forum's Tengu

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

I was looking for something like this, awesome script!

I don't make many games on this forum... but I do have a Comipo Manga Series!

Taikutsu Jinsei

#11 UchihaAkuma

UchihaAkuma

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Make a new Common Event and make it Parallel Process, choose another switch that activates this Common Event. You need to activate this somewhere in your game to trigger the common event, otherwise this doesn't work. After that create a new Conditional Branch and choose "Script" (fourth tab) and use this script

Input.trigger?(Input::A)
Input::A is Shift on your keyboard. Tick off the "Set handling when conditions doesn't apply". Note: If you use While button is pressed in Conditional Branch, it doesn't work. You don't want it to enable and disable the HUD rapidly while the button is being pressed. That's why you need to use this script I provided.

Thanks so much! But is it possible to make it another button then shift? like "a" that you dont already use for somthing? ^^ if so can you tell the input for that? ^^

#12 VUSschneider

VUSschneider

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi,

i`m new in scripting. Your script is showed one lined here.

Where have i split the lines to get it work? I tried it but there are several errors!

#13 lilcooldude69

lilcooldude69

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

wooow been a long time since i been here didn't know my simple script was soo popular XD!,

@pixel justice, its been a while since ive scripted but i'll give it a try, u probably won't see this tho xD!

@outlandish-artist, glad you love it man :D, and thank you for crediting me <3 tho i don't require it for non-commercial. your game looks great!.

@Seacliff, ty :), glad you enjoy it.

@VUSschneider, i have no idea what your asking XD! or telling for that matter...

Edit: @VUSschneider, hey i got rid of the codebox/spoiler because i figured out what u were asking XD, should be able to look at it now

Edited by lilcooldude69, 14 April 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#14 VUSschneider

VUSschneider

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Yeah! Thanks a lot ^^

And yes! It`s a very good script and it IS very popular!