Sage

RPG Maker VX Profit Motive: A Business Adventure

47 posts in this topic

Profit Motive Version 4.0 is out! Enjoy!!

-Sage

The post has been updated with news of the new Profit Motive Fan Art Contest! You can find the details here on the forums:

Now that version 4 is out, we're already hard at work on version 5 scheduled for release this December! I'll continue to post updates on it here.

First up, check out the new art for Niles, the Marketing Key Staff member you'll be able to hire in Version 5:

Niles.jpg

More updates to come!

-Sage

Edited by Sage
SolarGale and EvilEagles like this

One minor note is that we found and fixed a few big bugs today, so the build has been updated with the fixes (if you've already started playing you can simply copy your save files over and everything should work fine).

-Sage

God this game looks so good! @_@ This is a Day 1 buy/obtain for me. Keep it up.

Sage likes this

Thanks Mako! Be sure to give the demo a try and let us know what you think :)

-Sage

Some new art of one of the characters that will be featured in the revised Solace Reapmore Intro:

Reapomore_ExecutiveAide_ss.jpg

He's the Vice President's Aide and a real jerk!

-Sage

I've been meaning to try this for a while and I'm glad that I did! I was really impressed with the demo.

I've been meaning to try this for a while and I'm glad that I did! I was really impressed with the demo.

Thanks for the feedback! Also, we are looking into that Bug you came across now. Just to be sure, you tried to do the Esper mission before or after facing the Ruthless Manager?

-Sage

I did it before the battle with Ruthless. Actually I haven't even done that battle yet. I took the GM into the bank and I saw a sprite that looked like her concept art, but wasn't able elicit a response other than the generic line she gives Myron.

EDIT: And let me just say there were some really touching moments in your game (like giving the Security Chief a shot and when the merchants thank you for the help with the distribution). I also thought it was really clever all the ways you thought of Big Brand messing with the Blue store. I have discussed an nauseum with my friends the effects of big business moving into small towns so the whole story of the demo was very relevant and topical. Well done, well done. I would certainly pay money for this when it comes out.
Edited by Monthigos
Sage likes this

I did it before the battle with Ruthless. Actually I haven't even done that battle yet. I took the GM into the bank and I saw a sprite that looked like her concept art, but wasn't able elicit a response other than the generic line she gives Myron.

EDIT: And let me just say there were some really touching moments in your game (like giving the Security Chief a shot and when the merchants thank you for the help with the distribution). I also thought it was really clever all the ways you thought of Big Brand messing with the Blue store. I have discussed an nauseum with my friends the effects of big business moving into small towns so the whole story of the demo was very relevant and topical. Well done, well done. I would certainly pay money for this when it comes out.

Ok, no problem. We'll look into it and hopefully will have it fixed today.

Thanks again for the great comments :)

-Sage

Ok, Profit Motive Version 4.03 has been uploaded to the main website: http://profitmotivegame.com It includes a major bug fix for the GM/Esper mission. You should be able to just copy your save data over from your current playthrough and it should just work.

Let me know if you give it a try.

Thanks!

-Sage

Monthigos likes this

Some new art. This time of the to faces of Vic:

Vic_10s.jpg

Vic_11s.jpg

-Sage

I already stated before, but this is one hell of a game!

Keep it up Sage!

Sage likes this

I already stated before, but this is one hell of a game!

Keep it up Sage!

Thanks!

-Sage

Where there's Vic, there's always Kon!:

kon_5s.jpg

-Sage

Profit Motive Version 4.04 has been uploaded to the main website: http://profitmotivegame.com It includes a minor bug for a potential hang in the Insurance Dual Battle.

Thanks!

-Sage

Haven't played it yet, downloading now, but I thought you might want to know(judging solely based on the screenshots):

The battle back for the marketplace with the 'one stop shop' place has the store on the left named differently than on the actual map. Not sure if the screenshots were both taken from different builds or if it just got changed on only one of them, but thought it might be a good mention.

Either way, it looks fantastic, this is what anyone with RM is going for when they start the game-making process, and I can't say it enough how great it looks!

Amazing job!

Haven't played it yet, downloading now, but I thought you might want to know(judging solely based on the screenshots):

The battle back for the marketplace with the 'one stop shop' place has the store on the left named differently than on the actual map. Not sure if the screenshots were both taken from different builds or if it just got changed on only one of them, but thought it might be a good mention.

Either way, it looks fantastic, this is what anyone with RM is going for when they start the game-making process, and I can't say it enough how great it looks!

Amazing job!

Thanks for the comments. And also good catch on the art mismatch. We'll get that sorted out.

Let us know what you think of the demo if you get a chance to play it.

Cheers,

-Sage

yup i will, i already downloaded it, i work tonight, in like 2 hours, but only for like 6 hours. i intend to play it when i get home.

if i notice anything i'll just post it on here, this game is coming together amazingly, and i know it might be frustrating with people mentioning bugs, but it will all be worth it in the end with a nice perfect pristine version of the game to release.

:)

keep on keepin on!

yup i will, i already downloaded it, i work tonight, in like 2 hours, but only for like 6 hours. i intend to play it when i get home.

if i notice anything i'll just post it on here, this game is coming together amazingly, and i know it might be frustrating with people mentioning bugs, but it will all be worth it in the end with a nice perfect pristine version of the game to release.

:)

keep on keepin on!

It's not a problem at all. It's very helpful :)

Thanks!

-Sage

Edited by Sage
mike_your_bro likes this

Then you have an excellent mindset for making a game. :)

And it shows!

Mainly due to the fact that in my truthful opinion, debugging is absolutely the most important part of the process. Of course, it also takes a major amount of the time as well.

Edited by mike_your_bro
Sage likes this

I don't know if this has been corrected in the latest patches, but I just completed the two scammers' sidequest, and the game doesn't believe it: if I go into the east zone, Vic is still in front of the store and the main char won't exit the area. °°

I don't know if this has been corrected in the latest patches, but I just completed the two scammers' sidequest, and the game doesn't believe it: if I go into the east zone, Vic is still in front of the store and the main char won't exit the area. °°

Thanks for the info. No, we have not yet heard about that problem. I'm going to PM you with some questions to get a better understanding of the details.

-Sage