Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Boutalles

RPG Maker VXAce action rpg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

Download the Game

http://anamei.net/fi...s/Boutalles.exe

The Makers

Andrew, Krisanna

Tale of the World

Something sinister is going on in the castle! But before you can investigate (ie. talk to a handful of NPCs and get a long-winded mission assignment from someone in charge) you must first escape from your guild hall!

Fight lonely old men, various monsters, and some boss monsters that are pretty big in this epic adventure!

But wait, there's more!

If you order (we mean download) now (and into the future) you get:

• The ability to customize all your items and gear! (Dual wield Greatswords? How about a magical wand that triples your experience? Maybe a healing item that also buffs every stat for 100 turns?!)
  • Change Classes at will!
  • Unlock different Classes!
  • Use a class as a Sub-class!
  • And even more Class line items to make this list look huge!
  • A fully customized battle system that uses combos, happens on-screen, features 3 characters at once, and even uses animations that are only mostly ripped off from the default Ace animations?!
  • A lengthy adventure that is as long as you want! (If you want it to be 80 hours, just leave it running on your computer for several days!)
  • Collectors set of figurines (Disclaimer: No, you actually don't, this is a complete lie!)

Project History and Continuation

This was an entry created in 2 weeks! (Yes, all art and scripts and resources were done in 2 weeks! Except for like the tilesets and icons, which is in the credits section, we didn't even make those and both would take us way more than 2 weeks!)

Meet the Cast

Blanc

Posted Image

Our main heroine. I don't know why she is dancing backwards or who she is going to punch by going in that direction.

Name: Is the name of a pudding... like everyone else!

Weapon of Choice: Depends on her current class!

Dislikes: Having to go through combat refresher courses

Blanc is a recently appointed mercenary in the nameless guild of Boudin. She is excited that the castle has called for her services on some important mission. Maybe it will change her life?

Posted Image That is her bored or, "Oh really." look. It is used quite a bit actually!

Junket

Posted Image
I claim this rock in the name of loin-cloth!

Name: Surprisingly, it's the name of a pudding.

Weapon of Choice: Depends on his current class!

Dislikes: Thinking and monsters that are 'bigger' than him.

Junket is a mercenary of some renown. I'm not sure how much, but it is definitely quantifiable as 'some.' He's nicer when you get to know him, which basically means he's a jerkhole but you get used to it.

Posted Image This is his most intelligent looking face. I'm being nice by using it. (Where have I seen this face-pose before...)

Ashure

Posted Image
What? Where's the cleavage? I thought female armor only covered...

Name: Okay, this is totally weird, but like everyone else in the game, it's a type of pudding! What a coincidence!

Weapon of Choice: A sword! (No, actually it's based on her class, gotcha!)

Likes: Money, money, and sometimes men (with lots of money that will die soon.)

Dislikes: Not having money. Men that want something in return for money. Men she could marry for money that want more from her than her having their money.

Ashure is a lady who likes money and fancy stuff. If it doesn't turn a profit, it doesn't turn her head. Overall she's really not a very nice person, but she kinda acts nice because it makes her look fancy. And fancy looks like money. I think you're starting to get the connection.

Posted Image "Are you serious? I am getting paid for being here, right?"

Credits

Giving credit where it's due:

1. Mack & First Seed Materials: Tileset and Sprites!
2. Lunarea: VX Tilesets!
3. Whitecat: Extra icons!

Screenshots
Spoiler

#2 Gav

Gav

Lazy Slacker

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Seems pretty interesting. I love the art and the humor.
I'll be sure to give a try later. ;)

#3 Nemau

Nemau

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

The same for me! ;)

Edited by Nemau, 02 April 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#4 Lunarea

Lunarea

Artist

• Admin
  • 5,666 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm always impressed with how much content you and Krisanna generate in such short time!

Played the intro and I loved the witty banter. Faces and their emotions were fantastic. I will keep playing asap, but I wanted to say you did a fantastic job! I hope you won the contest. :)

My blog:

DevBlogSig.png

My current projects:

TUAH-userbar.png

Userbar-ST.png

#5 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,990 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ahaha I just realized you guys did the DQ coffin thing <3

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

FK6sdj2.png || ZKYFctv.png

Script Call Collection || RMVXA Damage Flow || RMVXA Tips and Tricks 

9z3sTnf.png

"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

#6 yieldingmydestiny

yieldingmydestiny

n00b

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Whoa! Gotta download this!

#7 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the call-outs everyone!

@Luna: No one has won yet! Glad you got a bit of a kick out of the banter. I'm still not much of a writer, but I think I've greatly improved from 5 years past. : )

@Ness: I wasn't sure what to do when someone died in battle, then I realized there was a coffin graphic and BAM - dead characters in coffins.

#8 Apple

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

This looks like it's gonna be so much fun :D I'm a-loving Junket already :3
Downloading downloading ~

#9 Luchino

Luchino

Mapping Queen

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I've been a admirer of your projects for quite some time, Anaryu ( I sometimes lurk over at RMN: Aetherion and Cast Aside come to mind ), and it always amazes me how you tend to keep a consistent style throughout all your games. The two of you make a very talented team. :) And your projects are always such a huge sucess. ^^

And I had to laugh when I saw that coffin graphic for a dead character. lol

Edited by Luchino-chan, 03 April 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Parallax mapping is the biggest sin known to RMkind.

#10 ScammerSlayer

ScammerSlayer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Wow just love the art! Interesting mechanics as well I must say. Though I have noticed an error that can really screw up your game. Once you get all three party members, its noticable that you cannot walk through your party. I don't know if this is intentional BUT there are situations where you can get stuck. For an example, in the first town, go speak with the weapons smith in the lower left corner. Your other two party members will block your way, making you stuck. Just thought you should know...keep up the amazing job!

#11 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Wow just love the art! Interesting mechanics as well I must say. Though I have noticed an error that can really screw up your game. Once you get all three party members, its noticable that you cannot walk through your party. I don't know if this is intentional BUT there are situations where you can get stuck. For an example, in the first town, go speak with the weapons smith in the lower left corner. Your other two party members will block your way, making you stuck. Just thought you should know...keep up the amazing job!

It's very intentional actually!

If you get 'stuck' just 'talk' to one of your members, they gather and you can move. I have it so you can't walk through them to avoid having your party all on top of themselves during combat.

#12 ScammerSlayer

ScammerSlayer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ok cool, I guess I didn't try that. Well thanks for the help! I'll continue playing and Ill tell you what I think as I go along.

----
Gosh your going to hate me...I think I found a real problem this time. When using the synth ability from the menu, try using a red slime with a red slime and choose synth. You get this error message.
Posted Image

Edited by ScammerSlayer, 03 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#13 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Ok cool, I guess I didn't try that. Well thanks for the help! I'll continue playing and Ill tell you what I think as I go along.

----
Gosh your going to hate me...I think I found a real problem this time. When using the synth ability from the menu, try using a red slime with a red slime and choose synth. You get this error message.

That's odd - can you PM me the save file or add a bit more detail? I checked that code and I don't know how it could have gotten to that point with a blank effect. I've added an extra check to keep it from crashing, but would really like to figure out how it crashed so I can fix the source problem!

Thanks!

Edited by andrew, 03 April 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#14 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

----

I figured this out and resolved it now; the latest download has this fixed, thanks!

#15 Asterisk

Asterisk

アステリ (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ♪

• Early Adopter
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Wow a new game??? This looks awesome!
DOWNLOADING~~!!!!

* sorry to bother, but I don't know why I can't open up my menu to set skills ><

Edited by Asterisk, 07 April 2012 - 02:38 AM.

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

(´・ω・`)応援します 
Spoiler

#16 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

Wow a new game??? This looks awesome!
DOWNLOADING~~!!!!

* sorry to bother, but I don't know why I can't open up my menu to set skills ><

Er, I'm not sure what you mean? Your X key by default (or use Escape key) should open the menu as long as you aren't in combat or in a cut-scene or have any dialog windows open.

#17 EbonyBlade

EbonyBlade

69th Prestige

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa.

This looks pretty badass. Downloading now!

#18 Asterisk

Asterisk

アステリ (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ♪

• Early Adopter
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I actually had to play it twice since I couldn't save... yup the second time I pressed almost every key on my keyboard TT;;
Even Esc, even X.. it was after he said open up your menu to assign skills or something.. nothing worked and I talked to him again and he wouldn't let me continue until I did that.
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

(´・ω・`)応援します 
Spoiler

#19 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

I actually had to play it twice since I couldn't save... yup the second time I pressed almost every key on my keyboard TT;;
Even Esc, even X.. it was after he said open up your menu to assign skills or something.. nothing worked and I talked to him again and he wouldn't let me continue until I did that.

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to help on this. The only thing I could suggest is pressing F1 during play to get the Keyboard config up and see if your buttons are set to weird characters or something. : (

#20 andrew

andrew

how you mine 4 scripts?

• Early Adopter
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Sorry for the double post, I've just posted a new version that fixes item Synthesis.

The version where I fixed the crashing apparently also fixed it so you COULD NOT SYNTH AT ALL (go me for testing this!)

Also, you no longer get a Game Over, it just takes 10% of your gold as was intended (there was one fight in the game you'd get a game over from, but that wasn't really important.)