Download the Game
The MakersAndrew, Krisanna
Tale of the World
Something sinister is going on in the castle! But before you can investigate (ie. talk to a handful of NPCs and get a long-winded mission assignment from someone in charge) you must first escape from your guild hall!
Fight lonely old men, various monsters, and some boss monsters that are pretty big in this epic adventure!
But wait, there's more!
If you order (we mean download) now (and into the future) you get:
- The ability to customize all your items and gear! (Dual wield Greatswords? How about a magical wand that triples your experience? Maybe a healing item that also buffs every stat for 100 turns?!)
- Change Classes at will!
- Unlock different Classes!
- Use a class as a Sub-class!
- And even more Class line items to make this list look huge!
- A fully customized battle system that uses combos, happens on-screen, features 3 characters at once, and even uses animations that are only mostly ripped off from the default Ace animations?!
- A lengthy adventure that is as long as you want! (If you want it to be 80 hours, just leave it running on your computer for several days!)
- Collectors set of figurines (Disclaimer: No, you actually don't, this is a complete lie!)
Project History and Continuation
This was an entry created in 2 weeks! (Yes, all art and scripts and resources were done in 2 weeks! Except for like the tilesets and icons, which is in the credits section, we didn't even make those and both would take us way more than 2 weeks!)
Meet the Cast
Our main heroine. I don't know why she is dancing backwards or who she is going to punch by going in that direction.
Name: Is the name of a pudding... like everyone else!
Weapon of Choice: Depends on her current class!
Likes: Her own table-top RPG game she's making
Dislikes: Having to go through combat refresher courses
Blanc is a recently appointed mercenary in the nameless guild of Boudin. She is excited that the castle has called for her services on some important mission. Maybe it will change her life?
That is her bored or, "Oh really." look. It is used quite a bit actually!
I claim this rock in the name of loin-cloth!
Name: Surprisingly, it's the name of a pudding.
Weapon of Choice: Depends on his current class!
Likes: Manly stuff. Being a jerkhole. Women.
Dislikes: Thinking and monsters that are 'bigger' than him.
Junket is a mercenary of some renown. I'm not sure how much, but it is definitely quantifiable as 'some.' He's nicer when you get to know him, which basically means he's a jerkhole but you get used to it.
This is his most intelligent looking face. I'm being nice by using it. (Where have I seen this face-pose before...)
What? Where's the cleavage? I thought female armor only covered...
Name: Okay, this is totally weird, but like everyone else in the game, it's a type of pudding! What a coincidence!
Weapon of Choice: A sword! (No, actually it's based on her class, gotcha!)
Likes: Money, money, and sometimes men (with lots of money that will die soon.)
Dislikes: Not having money. Men that want something in return for money. Men she could marry for money that want more from her than her having their money.
Ashure is a lady who likes money and fancy stuff. If it doesn't turn a profit, it doesn't turn her head. Overall she's really not a very nice person, but she kinda acts nice because it makes her look fancy. And fancy looks like money. I think you're starting to get the connection.
"Are you serious? I am getting paid for being here, right?"
Giving credit where it's due:
1. Mack & First Seed Materials: Tileset and Sprites!
2. Lunarea: VX Tilesets!
3. Whitecat: Extra icons!