Photo
- - - - -

Banking System [XP]

XP Tutorial Bank Event RPG Maker XP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xenophil 2.0

Xenophil 2.0

Tutorialist =3

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

[XP] Banking System

(Using Events)

Now this is my second tutorial (=D) and I made this in response to the distinct lack of tutorials for RMXP on this site, if you want a tutorial for making something in XP made PM and I'll see what I can do!

Part 1: Event Base

Now what do I mean by event base. I mean the very first thing you will do before you start working on the event, basically the set up you need before you can begin. No first you will need to create 4 variables. One to represent the amount of gold the player is carrying (Let's call it Player Gold), one to represent your balance (how much gold you have stored), one to represent the amount the player is depositing (How much gold they are going to store), and one to represent the amount the player is withdrawing (How much gold they are retrieving from the bank). After you've created those variables set the variable Player Gold to equal Gold (Gold is under the "Other" section). Thenmake a greeting for the Banker, anything you want it doesn't affect the event. Then you need create a set of choices, 3 choices one for Balance, one for Depositing, and one for Withdrawing. After you've done that your event should look something like the picture below.

Spoiler

Part 2: Balance

Now the player's balance is how much gold they have stored in the bank, if they can't see this then they will most likely (unless they track the numbers with a pencil and paper :P) never even touch a bank in a game. In other words, this IS required to make a good bank event. Now all you do is make a text that says how much gold you have in the bank, all you need to do is have a small sentence that the banker will say to you and somewhere in that sentence you show the variable for balance (if you don't now how to show a variable's value in text you type "\V[n]" where "n" is the number of the variable you want to show). Which should look something like the picture below.

Spoiler

Part 3: Deposit

Now this is the choice that allows the player to put money into the bank, this can be a little bit tricky if you don't have a lot of experience eventing so I am going to go into a bit more detail on this and the next section. To start off create a text that asks how much the player would like to deposit, this isn't required but its just nice to see. After that create an Input number, number of digits is up to you, and set the variable to the one you made to represent how much gold the player wants to deposit. Then you need to make a condition branchal like this "Player Gold < Gold Deposit" basically saying if player gold is less than the amount selected to deposit. If it is then make a text saying something along the lines of you don;t have enough gold to do this. Under "Else" is where we put the main bits of this part of the event. First Change Gold, we need to remove the gold the player deposited so we set the change gold to decrease and to the variable Gold Deposit, this will subtract gold equal to the number the player choose to deposit. Now we need to add the value of variable gold deposit to the variable balance, this should look something like "Balance + Gold Deposit" This adds the value that the player choose to deposit into their balance, showing how much gold they have in the bank. All of this should look like the picture below.

Spoiler

Part 4: Withdraw

Now this is the choice that allows the player to take money out of bank. To start off create a text that asks how much the player would like to withdraw, this isn't required but its just nice to see. After that create an Input number, number of digits is up to you, and set the variable to the one you made to represent how much gold the player wants to withdraw. Then you need to make a conditional branch like this "Balance < Gold Withdraw" basically saying if the balance is less than the amount selected to withdraw. If it is then make a text saying something along the lines of you don't have enough gold in the bank to do this. Under "Else" is where we put the main bits of this part of the event. First Change Gold, we need to add the gold the player withdrew so we set the change gold to increase and to the variable Gold Withdraw, this will add gold equal to the number the player choose to withdraw. Now we need to subtract the value of variable gold withdraw from the variable balance, this should look something like "Balance - Gold Withdraw" This subtracts the value that the player choose to withdraw from their balance. All of this should look like the picture below.

Spoiler

Demo

https://www.dropbox....nk Tutorial.exe

(Also includes my Equipment Levels and Skill leveling =D)

And thats it =3 you just made a Bank! If you have any comments or questions feel free to post them!

Edited by Xenophil 2.0, 11 April 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#2 Xenophil 2.0

Xenophil 2.0

Tutorialist =3

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

Just wanting some input on how this is written really =3 so anyone who is interested please comment!

#3 Ryoshu

Ryoshu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

i like your banking system it relates to something that ive been trying to do. would you mind helping me out? heres a link to my post.http://forums.rpgmak...2-paying-taxes/