It is a dark time for Tiriya. The DeLancy family, the once prosperous rulers of the land, have fallen to the forces of Valburn, the powerful neighbouring kingdom to the north. Their Lawkeepers run amok, culling the strong allies of the DeLancy's, and establishing complete control over their lands. Religious zealots, sworn to the Vrahl, condemn non-believers and sinners to death. Valburn's word is law. Vrahl doppelgängers, powerful Gods masquerading as monsters, roam the wilderness. In return for the faith of the populous, they provide their mystical powers and knowledge to further advance an industrial revolution across Tiriya. Times are changing. Valburn have control.
A small resistance group led by the believed-dead prince of Rosedell, Drake DeLancy, begin preparations for a coup d'etat. Their aim is to hijack the flagship of Valburn - the Dreadnought, where the High Courts and their King reside, and place Lawrence DeLancy back upon the throne. Yet, as their plans come to a beginning, whispers of an ancient magical force - the Blood Shard - come into play. What follows are countless betrayals, faces from the past, and a dark, shadowy figure who appears to have knowledge of everything that has occurred, from the war to the upcoming coup d'etat. Is he working with Valburn? Is he working with the Vrahl? And more importantly, what does he want with the Blood Shard?
- An intriguing storyline with political and religious mystery.
- Interesting, challenging battles. TP has been replaced with VP, a currency you can increase via your 'Vigor' command. Attacking uses all your VP, but the amount of VP you had is added as a bonus. Be wary though, enemies can do the same, and suffering from damage will cause your character to lose all of their VP.
- Exploration. Random battles have been removed. All battles that aren't story-related will be completely optional.
- Puzzles. Each dungeon will have a puzzle of varying difficulty.
- Interactive environments. Chop down thick brushes with your sword, swing across chasms with your rope.
- An in-depth skill system, focusing on specific traits of each character. (still to be added, awaiting finished script.)
- An almost full soundtrack. At least half of the demo songs are my own. You can check my resource thread to see which ones are mine. By the time this project's complete, I'm aiming for a fully custom soundtrack.
- Custom character artwork, provided by the wonderful Emmych.
Remember to install all fonts found within the extracted folder. You'll get cut-off dialogue otherwise.
Download the demo here. You'll need the RTP to play it. I'm aiming to upload a version with the RTP soon, but the internet here is pretty brutal. It'll be done though!
Tips & Tricks
- Demo length is roughly forty minutes to one hour.
- EXP and skill learning (bar two in Arcontana) have been removed for this release. I'm currently waiting on a script to be commissioned that will see me implementing these things. The demo's still totally doable without levels, as enemies have been scaled fairly to compensate.
- Please remember to install the fonts! Your game will look all wonky without them.
- There are no in-game tutorials, but the controls are almost identical to every RM game you've ever played, and most battle skills have handy tips letting you know what they do.
Edited by Archeia, 11 May 2013 - 11:17 PM.
Fixed your tags