Photo

[RGSS2/3]MSX - XP Characters on VX/VXAce

MSX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Melosx

Melosx

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

MSX - XP Characters on VX/VXAce v1.0
by Melosx

Introduction
You can use XP characters whit VX and VXAce. Rename the image by adding $xp at the beginning of the name.
Example: 001-Fighter01.png -> $xp001-Fighter01.png
The script work on VX and VXAce.

Screenshots
Spoiler

How to Use
Place the script under Materials and above Main. Add to chara of XP $xp before the tag name.

Script
Spoiler

Credit and Thanks
- Melosx
- ShinGamix

Edited by Melosx, 13 April 2012 - 06:20 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 starcrescendo

starcrescendo

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Nice script! I know a lot of people hate the chibi style of VX/VXA.

My Website: Click Here *
*Yes, its bad I'm working on it, OKAY? Clients come first.

Games in Development:

Spoiler

Games Concepts:
Spoiler

#3 Icenick

Icenick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Wow thats fantastic.
Maybe a stupid question but can you use the tilesets from VX in Ace? If not could that script do that? If so... Whoops im a noob lol

#4 Neoz Kaho

Neoz Kaho

Crazy Historian

• Early Adopter
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Fantastic. This will help people who move from XP to Ace. Thanks!

Wow thats fantastic.
Maybe a stupid question but can you use the tilesets from VX in Ace? If not could that script do that? If so... Whoops im a noob lol

Yes, it's possible. Remember to set the style in the database to VX-Compatible. ; No scripts required.
Posted Image

#5 Cartridge

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Is it me or can you just make a custom XP-chara image file and put it into the graphics/characters map?
What's the use of this script?
Not in any way affiliated with Cartridge.

rZBN38q.png

#6 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

XP has 4 frames of movement for each direction whereas VX and Ace only has 3. You can import XP graphics into VX and Ace, but you have to eliminate one of the frames to get them to work, which can be tedious if you have a lot of sprites. From what I can tell, this script allows you to import the XP sprites into VX or Ace without having to eliminate one of the frames.

#7 w0lfie

w0lfie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ok, I just got into RPG maker one day ago and I already got tired of this chibi look of Ace so thank you very much for this!

I do however have one problem and question at the same time... How come when I port one of my characters it comes with a background (white for example) that way even in the game itself it carries a white box around him that blocks all the backgrounds and just looks out right stupid... Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to remove the white background behind the char itself? I could use photoshop every time to remove the background but that would take ages for every single character...

Thank you in advance!

#8 ct_bolt

ct_bolt

Creator

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I do however have one problem and question at the same time... How come when I port one of my characters it comes with a background (white for example) that way even in the game itself it carries a white box around him that blocks all the backgrounds and just looks out right stupid... Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to remove the white background behind the char itself? I could use photoshop every time to remove the background but that would take ages for every single character...

Thank you in advance!

Use the Resource Manager (F10). ;)

Edited by ct_bolt, 13 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

ct_bolt_sig_wframe_by_ctbolt-d6llk5t.gif

ct_bolt_s_creations__anim_sml_by_ctbolt-