Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageDutch

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Is it me or can you just make a custom XP-chara image file and put it into the graphics/characters map?
What's the use of this script?
Not in any way affiliated with Cartridge.

rZBN38q.png

#2 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 1,384 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

XP has 4 frames of movement for each direction whereas VX and Ace only has 3. You can import XP graphics into VX and Ace, but you have to eliminate one of the frames to get them to work, which can be tedious if you have a lot of sprites. From what I can tell, this script allows you to import the XP sprites into VX or Ace without having to eliminate one of the frames.

#3 w0lfie

w0lfie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageLithuanian

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ok, I just got into RPG maker one day ago and I already got tired of this chibi look of Ace so thank you very much for this!

I do however have one problem and question at the same time... How come when I port one of my characters it comes with a background (white for example) that way even in the game itself it carries a white box around him that blocks all the backgrounds and just looks out right stupid... Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to remove the white background behind the char itself? I could use photoshop every time to remove the background but that would take ages for every single character...

Thank you in advance!

#4 ct_bolt

ct_bolt

Creator

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageRGSS3

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I do however have one problem and question at the same time... How come when I port one of my characters it comes with a background (white for example) that way even in the game itself it carries a white box around him that blocks all the backgrounds and just looks out right stupid... Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to remove the white background behind the char itself? I could use photoshop every time to remove the background but that would take ages for every single character...

Thank you in advance!

Use the Resource Manager (F10). ;)

Edited by ct_bolt, 13 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

ct_bolt_sig_wframe_by_ctbolt-d6llk5t.gif

ct_bolt_s_creations__anim_sml_by_ctbolt-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users