Photo

Sound Effects

Sound Effects Not Working Sound

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Craig1985

Craig1985

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hi! I don't think I saw a thread about this issue anywhere so I would like to open a thread about an Issue I'm having. I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace and none of my sound effects work anymore. Background music (BGMs) play fine however, sound effects no longer work. I've checked the volume for my sound effects in the testing window and its set at its default. Sound effects also do not play while game testing but music does. I've tried checking my system settings and volume to see if anything is out of the ordinary but did not find anything. I also tried uninstalling the RPG Maker and reinstalling; reinstalling had no effect. Rebooting the computer did not solve the issue either. I even tried reimporting the default sounds but this had no effect either. Finally, I started a fresh new project without any custom scripts. Sound Effects still will not work. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.

Just to clarify I'm running RPG Maker VX Ace (Trial Mode) with 12 days left. Nothing I have tried above has fixed sound effects from not playing. If anyone has any suggestions or Ideas I'd appreciate it greatly!

#2 light487

light487

Parrot Keeper

• Member+
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Weird.. when you are in the game, press F1 and check to make sure sound effects are turned on.. other than that.. no idea.

My Current Project:

Tales of Medea (Prologue)

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5104/

8nRo1So.png

#3 Espon

Espon

Lazy Creator

• Members
  • 967 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Press F1 when playtesting the game and see if BGS and SE is checked.

Finished:
prbanner.png
twos-banner.png
Dead:
mv-banner.png

#4 Craig1985

Craig1985

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestion however, in game both background music and sound effects are clicked on. Outside of game testing nothing in the SE or BGS tabs will play. Everything in the BGM and ME tabs will play fine.

#5 SMNT999

SMNT999

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

I have had the same problem. It is probably because many sound effect files are protected and can't be played easily. You can try to add free files (MP3, OGG), this should work. However, if you bought RPG Maker Ace officially the technical support might help. If you have the trial version only, the reason could be mentioned problem.