Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mon Dez

Luna Engine Custom HUD (Updated SMT IV Preview - 8/6/2013)

32 posts in this topic

Mon Dez's Custom HUD Area

The Luna Engine is in constant development so in terms I've been making custom HUDs in my spare time in the coming release plus for testing purposes only though I'm using the first available two in my projects: One commercial and the other is a fan-made game. I will also release Menu based resources as well as the continuing battle HUDs once the Menu version of the Luna Engine is released, but everything is in the testing phase though Archeia is indeed looking for testers for the engine. 

I'm one of the testers, but kind of terrible at looking for bugs since I report the ones already found. Tehe.  :P 

So overall these are simple battle HUDs which are nothing grand, but overall simple to use. If you are using the Luna Engine then setting up the HUD yourself is pretty much up to you because pasting the coordinates and everything is seriously a pain.

Commercially you can use them if you want to, but a little credit is always nice.

So here's the first two sets of HUDs I made for the Luna Engine: (Do note I release them at my own risk because I trust this community to the core with its users. Please do not claim or distribute the resources as your own. Thank you.  :D )

Guardian Spirits HUD

Skin Main:

Skin_Main_zps7c0141c5.png

HUD HP and MP:

Skin_HP_zps21c79a60.png

Skin_MP_zps4ce8580e.png

State Box:

Skin_State_zpsbf27bb7f.png

TP Bar:

Skin_TP_zps033f4268.png

Sword Arts Online (Beta) HUD - Updated 7/21/2013

Skin Main: (Two Actors ver. 1)

Skin_Main_zpsea082550.png

Skin Main: (More than two Actors ver. 1)

Skin_Main_zps9eeb31ef.png

HUD HP: (Two Actors ver.)

Skin_HP_zpsdbbc27f0.png

HUD HP: (Other ver.)

Skin_HP_zps1c3a37c4.png

Battler GUI:

Skin_ActorWindow_0_zpsc34e4688.png

Skin_ActorWindow_1_zpsb73ff5dc.png

Skin_ActorWindow_4_zpsa1d40e8d.png

Skin_ActorWindow_2_zps5b3731c6.png

Skin_ActorWindow_3_zpsac432711.png

Battle GUI PSD (Photoshop file):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nl4rd92jeog2dii/SAO_Battle_GUI.psd

State Box:

Skin_State_zps68143ca9.png

Window:

Window_zpsfd552eb8.png

Persona Themed HUD

Skin Main:

Skin_Main_zps469ab8b0.png

HUD HP:

Skin_HP_zps8f3cb01b.png

HUD MP:

Skin_MP_zps2926caa4.png

Planned Future Themed/Custom HUDs:

1. Fallout 3
  2. Fate Stay Night
  3. Kingdom Hearts (I don't know how I'll pull this one out lol)
  4. Warped HUD
  5. Etc

Requests?

Sorry to disappoint, but I do not accept or do requests because it's literally a pain for me to do, no offense though. The HUDs I make are what I feel like making and I do whatever I want to do since that is my nature as a human being. This is not a shop, but an area where I can release my materials in a way that the community can use them in their games.

Notes

These HUDs can be used in other makers/scripts so you are free to use them in anything. Modifying them is a good go as well.

I do accept all forms of criticisms because as a person with horrendous terrible luck I am apted to work harder so that my pixelated/digital art skills can be refined in the process because human beings grow stronger with every failure instead of constant wins. A person that wins all the time will never get stronger, but a person that experienced loss can continue to grow strong.

Screenshots

Sword Arts Online:

https://twitter.com/MonDez4563/status/348206230378008577/photo/1

Guardian Spirits:

https://twitter.com/MonDez4563/status/347742239591653377/photo/1

Archeia, Geekman, Seacliff and 7 others like this

On the Guardian Spirits I like everything about the HUD except the MP bar. I just cannot point to what is doing that. Weird? Maybe the blue is a little dark.

@Darth

Good point, it is a bit dark so you can't see much of the lining like the HP bar has. I'll fix it up and make it a bit lighter.

I like the SOA one but how can i make it for more than two ppl?

Oh my gosh your windowskin for Sword Arts Online is so orgasmic. Can I use it if I credit you?

I like the SOA one but how can i make it for more than two ppl?

Rescale it? Make a new one? And Luna hasn't been released yet? :O

@ShinGamix

I can rescale it for you, I just have to do some trimming. The reason why I have it for two *actors* was because the previous phases didn't give it a good look if you made it smaller. (It was pretty much an ugly morphed HUD, but it was probably because I was going off of the original design)

*Edit:

Here you go!

Skin_Main_zps9eeb31ef.png

Skin_HP_zps1c3a37c4.png

@thebennyguy

Go ahead  :D

@Yami

Thanks! *Response to your first post*

I know, but people can use the HUDs for other scripts. I'm prepping for the Luna Engine and showing off the capabilities of what it can do at the moment.

Think of it as a pre-release showcase.  :P

Updated!!! 6/24/2013

Persona themed HUD has been released and I sorta scrapped the Fallout 3 HUD since it wasn't the way I wanted it to be.

Persona and SAO looks cool... I'm excited for the Fate and KH ones... I'm curious as to how you'll pull off the KH HUD...

Geekman likes this

If you actually manage the KH HUD I think you need a gold star. These look nice; I've been struggling with making my own HUDs for Luna but I get the feeling my lack of GUI skills are the main reason for that.

Problem with a KH HUD is the curvature of the HUD itself meaning I have to find a way that the HP would curve when it reaches a certain point, but of course I asked Archeia if it is possible to create an HUD frame sheet option like the TP bar has.

Of course I have tried various scenarios for the HUD, but they never stuck. 

The Fate Stay Knight HUD will have a unique TP fill up bar since I'm using the logo as the base.

Yeah, the problem even with using the frame option is HP increases; which, traditionally, increase the bar's size, and having it accurately measure how much HP you actually have left rather than in 10% increments (TP). It'd be one of those HUDs you'd have to deeply consider using and adjust your game format accordingly, I think. Doable, but finicky.

Nice work on the other HUDs, since I didn't mention it before; they're quite clean and fit their purpose well, kudos.

Problem with a KH HUD is the curvature of the HUD itself meaning I have to find a way that the HP would curve when it reaches a certain point, but of course I asked Archeia if it is possible to create an HUD frame sheet option like the TP bar has.

Don't worry, we're on it.

How do I Put them in my rpg game because I figured out how to download them.

post-13994-0-27247000-1373222960_thumb.p

post-13994-0-39542900-1373222964_thumb.j

post-13994-0-81325300-1373222967_thumb.j

@Pie Lord

You have to have Archeia's Luna Engine or you can use other HUD engines, but problem would be compatibility since they are possibly fixed or set up differently. The Luna Engine isn't released yet, but it will be soon. The HUDs are pretty much showcases until the engine is released which won't be long since I just got the update and there are a lot of features added to the engine.

*Updates

Sorry for the long wait, but I just started on making the SAO Battle Command Menu and it looks awesome.

Here's a preview of a battle command for the updated engine:

https://twitter.com/MonDez4563/status/354229302738432000/photo/1

*Update 4:21 P.M. 7/8/2013

I got the icons for running and guarding, but they look strange. Judge it for yourself.

https://twitter.com/MonDez4563/status/354334429038129152/photo/1

Update 3:22 P.M. 7/9/2013

Hell yeah!!! I got it to work, but unfortunately the alignment sucks so I'm gonna fix it:

https://twitter.com/MonDez4563/status/354681490279366661/photo/1

Alright as I promised the GUI is finished and up for grabs! I also added the .PSD file for those that want a layout to work with on Photoshop:

SAOtest_zps859d6494.png

wow, nice SAO HUD... I hope Luna gets released soon...

Learned that the Luna Engine will be sold in the store. 

After seeing videos of the new SMT game by Atlus I've decided to make a full on HUD on that. It'll have the look and feel of the Battle GUI so stay tuned for updates in the coming week.

Is this SMT IV Graphics I smell? This is currently in the works, but I have the basic layout finished and it is soooo good!

SMTSS_zpsbc27a689.png

looks nice... though it looks quite big... maybe we really need bigger screen size... hahaha...

Maybe I could use the upper part of that one...

The character portraits are separate, but the top part you can use separately and while I have the time. TADAAA!!!

SMTSS_zpsf20c99cb.png

Here's a video showing off the capabilities of the awesome GUI:

Gonna ask one thing, How to use this???? Sorry, I'm a newbie..

If you wanna use it right now, you need to know how to customize the battle HUDs... this is meant to be used in the Luna Engine which is being developed by Division Heaven... AFAIK, once it gets released, customizing HUDs will become easier...