Photo

How do I add custom made icons in the Character Generator?

Character Generator Custom Icons Custom Faces Custom Minis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MissWhiteMage

MissWhiteMage

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hello there, I've figured out how to add custom made weapons and such, but I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to add custom made icons for faces and minis for the Character Generator =s  I want to add new hairstyles or change colors on some things, or just add things in there in general.  If anyone knows how to go about doing this that would be great!  Trust me I've searched and searched =(  I want to make them on my own and not use someone else's (though there are some very talented people out there) Just wanna make it myself =)

So if anyone could help that'd be great!

#2 AlphaSilvr

AlphaSilvr

King of the Wolves

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

I don't know what Tutorial you used, but this is the one I found: http://forums.rpgmak...aces-generator/

"You are not worthy of instruction in the immobile arts. Leave my presence!" - Patrick Star

Spoiler

#3 MissWhiteMage

MissWhiteMage

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

I've seen this one as well, I got really excited when I saw it, but when I went to do what the directions said, I can only find the common folder.  And I didn't buy this from enterbrain themselves, I got it off of steam, I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but I can't search for the file like she says to do.  So that's another of my problems.

#4 MissWhiteMage

MissWhiteMage

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Also when you do add new things to the Character Generator how will it show up?  Will there be a new pull down option with that new accessory or item?  Or do you have to add more?

#5 MissWhiteMage

MissWhiteMage

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Actually, I think I figured out my problem *feels dumb* I needed to save the file as a PNG.....silly me.  Whelp thanks for your help!

• Echoteck1o1 likes this

#6 AlphaSilvr

AlphaSilvr

King of the Wolves

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Glad you figured it out!

But as for being on Steam, that is what I have. The only difference I can think of would be that the files are in Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/RPGVXAce instead of just Program Files(x86)/Enterbrain/RPGVXAce
*I am running 64-bit Windows so Program Files may or may not have the (x86)

Edited by AlphaSilvr, 16 August 2013 - 03:06 PM.

"You are not worthy of instruction in the immobile arts. Leave my presence!" - Patrick Star

Spoiler

#7 MissWhiteMage

MissWhiteMage

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Glad you figured it out!

But as for being on Steam, that is what I have. The only difference I can think of would be that the files are in Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/RPGVXAce instead of just Program Files(x86)/Enterbrain/RPGVXAce
*I am running 64-bit Windows so Program Files may or may not have the (x86)

Thank you!!  And yes I figured the (x86) out when I was adding packs into my rpg maker and customizing weapons =) just was saving files wrong XD lol silly me!  But I do appreciate you helping me out!

• AlphaSilvr likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Character Generator, Custom Icons, Custom Faces, Custom Minis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users