Photo

What status effects do you think could use more effects?

ailments

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy's Avatar

• Member+
  • 7,413 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTagalog

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

though if you have lots of HP, 10x damage might not be enough to kill you... XD

#42 Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationThe Origin's Cradle
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

What about Blind state including another stat to increase like MAT. Blind may cripple your physical attacker, but be wondrous for your magic blaster~

Banners and stuff~

Spoiler

#43 kerbonklin

kerbonklin

Ace Intermediate

• Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

What about Blind state including another stat to increase like MAT. Blind may cripple your physical attacker, but be wondrous for your magic blaster~

That sounds more like a pure buff instead of a debuff. It wouldn't make sense unless a game specifically has magic users that use phys attacks as well. (Which is barely any games)  I think there are more better, logical ideas out there for blind extras.

HotStuven North American Grand Chase (NAGC) #1 Zero

#44 Tai_MT

Tai_MT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Blind - Decrease Accuracy, Decrease Defense, Decrease Speed.  That's what I'd do with it, anyway.  Basically, everything that happens to someone who suddenly loses their sight.  Maybe even a chance at some "self inflicted damage" from falling down or bumping into walls and other such nonsense.

Deaf - Decrease magic attack power, decrease attack power of anything sound related, effectively silences a player (deaf people have a hard time talking because they can't hear themselves speaking to know what it sounds like).  You could also lower evasion rate while decreasing damage from magic attacks (depending on how your magic works, this may make sense.  As in, if you don't hear the spell, it can't affect you at all).

"I am the unstoppable force because I wield the immovable object."

#45 CWells

CWells

Storyteller/Artist

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

i make sure to lower evasio ad magic evasion for blind. slightly. cant dodge  what you cant see

Check Conjurers College for further info. Updates come around whenever:

http://forums.rpgmak...s-college-pics/

Coming from the Angelic line of summons we have Raziel. This summon comes with a special judgement skill. This skill is a luck of the draw damage skill that can range anywhere from 100-4000 per hit.

Any game in which a status ailment becomes useless is fault of the design in game mechanics and not fault in the status ailment.

#46 Mirpono

Mirpono

But what do I know?

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

I think freezing states could have an extra effect.

Once they're unfrozen they shouldnt be able to jump right back into battle, so I think there should be an after effect where they're in a 'shivering' state and it lowers evasion, accuracy, defense, and they may be immobile for that time too. It could probably become op if they're immobile in the shiver state too though...

21.jpg

Mirpono Supports...

Spoiler

Also...

Spoiler

#47 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationWe event what we must because we can~
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Here's the types of Status changes I'm planning on using.  I've decided to replace the luck stat with a new stat called Agility.  It acts as the "Defensive" stat for Speed.
Strength -- Endurance.
Speed -- Agility.
Mind -- Willpower.

Spoiler

Hmm....I think that's it.  Maybe I'll think of more later.

• Chaos Avian likes this

#48 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationWe event what we must because we can~
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Here's the types of Status changes I'm planning on using.  I've decided to replace the luck stat with a new stat called Agility.  It acts as the "Defensive" stat for Speed.
Strength -- Endurance.
Speed -- Agility.
Mind -- Willpower.

Spoiler

Hmm....I think that's it.  Maybe I'll think of more later.

#49 Darkanine

Darkanine

I was born on a monday.

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

I have a state progression line,where some enemies can inflict higher versions of standard states.

(Infection->Sick->Poison->Disease->Zombification)

• Infection-5% HP Lost turn round
  • Sick-5% HP Lost per turn/Slightly smaller hit rate/debuffed speed.
  • Poison-5% HP Lost per turn/Slightly smaller hit rate/debuffed speed/dubuffed attack (rare)
  • Disease-7% HP lost per turn/unable to battle
  • Zombification-8% HP Lost per turn/Attacks team mates/HP is halved.

• Deep Thought likes this

76561198062889566.png

#50 muramasa

muramasa

Abomination of life, or life itself.

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationCR
  • Primarily UsesRMXP
  • First LanguageSpanish

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

There are two things I do with some altered states on my game. First, is base stat changes. Even if it is a debuff, some of them actually raise one or even two statistics (if you want to poison your character to raise his strength by a 10% while costing you 10%HP per turn, you're welcome to do so!). Of course, real buffing states cause major increases, but there is it, if you want to take the risk, since you can stack even three poisons and three ATK buffs, making your ATK stat raise to something close to 220% (well, those 20% from poison don't seem to pay off!). It also lowers defense a little.

The idea behind poison raising attack is because some poisons can affect the mind state. So, on this case, it causes a lesser berserkr state, in addition to the steady body degeneration.

The other thing I do with altered states, is element weaknesses. First I gave each element one state. Poison for example is the earth elemental state (some poisons are just certain kinds of earth). Burn is for fire (which causes smaller damage over time but heavily cripples defenses). And so on. So each of these states raise damage from that element.

I also made a heavy magic booster which lowers 5%HP per turn, but makes you weak to Light. I've listed it between the pregressive damage states because it will be used by monsters. In my game, if any battler has 0MP, they die (Dry status).

I also have a frozen status. It works pretty much like Stone from Final Fantasy, it's treated like death, without lowering your HP to zero, and raises your defenses to 200%, but your character can't act. Difference is that you can cure it by using fire attacks on your character (or if your opponent randomly chooses to do so, nice!).

My hypothesis behind all of this is that, there is no completely black or completely white status. Beneficial statuses can have a down side, and harmful states can have a "good part", even if small. Same goes for skills. Of course I have some "purely good" and "purely bad", like stat boosting/lowering states.

Anyway, I hope this contributes to the topic,

Orochii Zouveleki

PD.: BTW, I'm such a troll. My Silence status raises magic by a lot. Same goes for my physical disabling, which raises atk. x'D. Anyway, just for the lulz. And actually raising magic makes them more resistant to magic. The other one though, only helps if you have a countering skill... whose aren't affected by disabling statuses.

Edited by muramasa, 20 November 2013 - 12:44 PM.

• Chaos Avian likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ailments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users