230 replies to this topic

#101 rpgamer

rpgamer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hi,
Finished it and enjoyed it as much as any rpg maker game I have played including commercial rpg maker releases.

Some things you may consider fixing.

If I return to the room after rescuing Jana the sequence begins again, pretty sure that happens somewhere else but don't remember where.

Party characters are in their original place after joining, was this originally intended so they could later be dropped as with rick?.

I never did find the kidnapped mayor after letting Barbara escape, seems he may be on Vahiti island.
There is sometimes a boat for travelling to Vahiti on the beach outside heraka when you travel from aldi to heraka, game locks up if you select yes to go there. How to find/get there?., nah I may play again.

Money never goes down when you get the guy to convert the potions.

Not sure it was intended there are at least three crosses but you only need one and use it in all three churches.

I can see another part of frost tunnel, is it accessible?.

Do you intend making another game?, I would be happy to beta test.

Thanks again.

#102 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

looks good im gonna try it

• Giomancer likes this

#103 Giomancer

Giomancer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

There is one thing that has been bothering me, though.. why is the goat in Delta referred to as a "he" by its owner? Considering the context, this is more than a little bit disturbing.

- Gio

#104 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thank you for pointing out some more bugs, I'll release a new version sometime soon with the fixes.

@Giomancer: Why does it bother you? It was one of the first texts I wrote when making my game, I think I intended for the owner to hold the goat in such high regard that calling it "he" was natural from her part. Neither the goat nor the owner are really developed in the game though, so it may not be clear. :P

casiatitle.png  third_banner.jpg

Casia: A large open-world game where you decide the course of your destiny

Nothing But the Third: A RPG revolving around the drama of a troubled woman

#105 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

It's been a long time, but Casia has finally been updated again! A lot of grapical issues were fixed and in general the game is now neater. Also some new features like moving battlers and possibility for Casia to learn a few new skills at her home town. :D

#106 Dragon5595

Dragon5595

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

im downloading it right now, i will have a review up shortly! :)

#107 Dragon5595

Dragon5595

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

umm, i played about 10 minutes and i noticed there was no words, the chat boxes came up but no words, not even in battle, i dont know if you purposely did that or what... besides not knowing what moves i was using in battle and people were saying, its a decent game.

#108 aurela

aurela

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

There's a folder called fonts that is in the games folder.  Just make sure you copy all those fonts to your computers fonts.  Then text should appear.

#109 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

The game should actually work without having to copy the fonts. The problem is easily solved though by copying the fonts to your computer's "Fonts" -folder. The font used in messages and battle is "FTLTLT", but I believe a few other fonts are used elsewhere in the game, like the calendar function.

• Dragon5595 likes this

#110 lunnes

lunnes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

First of all, I like the game a lot. It has a pretty steep learning curve and I rage quited more than once when some bees/scorpions/whatever whipped my ass once again, but I always returned to after I had time to calm down (haha), and once I was in the "right" regions for my lvl/equips it goes pretty smoothly and I also like that you can chose what to do and you also need to explore the world so you have something to do. I'm currently around 10 hours in it and see myself setting a lot of time in this game.

Spoiler

Anyway good job on this game :D

Edited by lunnes, 29 January 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#111 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the game so far. :)

Spoiler

#112 walangtao69

walangtao69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTagalog

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

First of all, this is my first reply on any thread. 

Things that I will write here are just based on my own opinion, if you're willing to read it just read it. IF NOT, I can't go on anymore which means I'm stuck. (Yeah, I'm stuck and I'll discuss it later.)

Casia v3.9 (So far the latest) January 22, 2014 last edit

My Opinions

Spoiler

Some Bugs

Well, there are still many bugs in this game I'll just include these things for now because I don't have a screenshot of them because I'm stuck.

Spoiler

I'm sorry I don't know how to upload pictures here because as I said this is my first reply to a thread.

Personally, *QoP voice*"I don't usually do this" but you have made me do this through your awesome game men.

This could be one of the best games that I have ever played, please fix the bugs.  :D

Not anyone of you know me but I'm really choosy when it comes to playing games 'cuz I don't want to waste my time but as I said

"I'm choosy... and this game have been chosen."  B) Rock on! Continue making Great Games. Count me as your fan lol :guffaw: \m/

Spoiler

Waiting for the next update. ^.^

I'm criticizing you so that I can bring the best out of you. ;)

Edited by walangtao69, 11 February 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#113 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Thank you for your feedback, it's great hearing opinions about this game!

Music: 6/10 (Some background music does not fit. It's my own opinion though)

Could you specify which parts have unfitting music? I could try and change them to something better.

Then on the last part after you defeated this boss and after elf jumps and snatch away the atomic bomb, the game is stuck. I think it has something to do with the through check box on the event properties. I don't know what will happen next but I'm guessing that elf is supposed to run with the atomic bomb but on my case, he was blocked by my kobold OR NOT (Don't know, I'm not the director here.)

I've fixed this glitch and uploaded a new version of the game, so you can download it. :) The other glitches you reported will also be fixed, but in a future release.

This could be one of the best games that I have ever played, please fix the bugs.

Thank you for your kind words. The sheer size and complexity of this game makes it hard to detect all glitches and such, but I'm constantly working to make it better and better and free of glitches. Feedback from players is the perfect way to find glitches.

#114 walangtao69

walangtao69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTagalog

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Found another bug...

Spoiler

I got stuck from there. I'm reporting this bug so that before you upload a new link it would be fix. Thanks. I'll find some more bugs as my journey goes on lol.

Oh and I would like to say something... If you can, please remove the save file on the next update because when you re-install Casia, our previous saves will be gone because it would be replaced by the save file of yours. It happened to me yesterday as I re-install the game and my save file was lost but because of my Love for Casia and hers to me, Valentines Day became perfect for me, we travel back to the past and we manage to get my save file back again lol.. :guffaw:  (Windows 7 Previous version) at its properties... x)

That's all for now I guess. Thank you.  :D

Edited by walangtao69, 15 February 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#115 howlingvoid

howlingvoid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

I've been playing this game for about a week or so and I adore it! It's wonderful and great however I'm stuck on several quests and I was wondering if there would be walkthoughs anytime soon?

#116 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Apologies for the long wait once again. The bug mentioned has been fixed in the new download!

There is not a walkthrough of the game at the moment and I don't know if there will be, but I would be happy to answer to any questions about the game here until there is one. :)

#117 Sopherian

Sopherian

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

I have only been playing your game for a few minutes, but I wanted to post a glitch that I have found that I do not think anyone has mentioned yet. If they have I appologize. While in the pub after talking to the red witch I am unable to walk down two tiles to talk to the clown. I have to either move left or right first then down two tiles and over left or right. The same applies when I am talking to the clown I am not able to walk directly up two tiles to talk to the red witch. I either have to move left or right again. Did you purposefully make it so that we are unable to walk on these two tiles? I find it a bit strange.

I am also curious if there is any way to run in the game. I find the normal walking pace a bit slow.

Overall I enjoy the game though so far :).

#118 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

The glitch has been fixed now, and the download link updated. There is no running function, since the game was made with RPG Maker XP which lacks the function.

#119 Sopherian

Sopherian

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for fixing the glitch.

I also noticed that when planting seeds if I choose to cancel planting them the items are still deleted from my inventory. For example if I had 5 seeds and I act like I'm going to plant two but cancel at the last minute and don't plant them I will only have 3 seeds in my inventory.

I am not sure if this issue has been mentioned but I thought I would mention it.

#120 Casia

Casia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

That is a problem of the script itself, unfortunately. I don't have the necessary skills to change that. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG Maker XP, explore, casia, world, adventure, long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users