• 445 posts
  • LocationOver the moon
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

OJDgVio.png

rBe3sIp.png

PREMISE

Reniat returns to her home village after years away at boarding school to find that the village is nearly deserted. The mine that the village depended on heavily for boosting its economy and tourism has been overrun by monsters and no one has bothered doing anything about it. Having trained as an adventurer, she decides to see what she can do about reviving the town and making a name for herself in the world.

Homework Salesman is a life simulation game with an emphasis on dungeon exploration, completing quests, crafting new equipment and items, and befriending the people in town. The game takes inspiration from the Rune Factory and Atelier series.

CHARACTERS

flK7BYZ.png

Reniat Recci Leminghouse

Our heroine. She was born in the small forest village of Merrill. As the firstborn of retired high-ranked adventurer Meracon and mage Ruenica, Reniat felt it was in her blood to explore. At age seven, a prince came to visit the town, and Reniat played with him all day and all night. When he left to head back to the castle, Reniat was determined to follow him, so she convinced her father to send her away to the castle's best boarding school. Unfortunately, when she arrived, she learned that her beloved prince had left to wander the world as an adventurer.

Having returned home after ten years, Reniat vows to resume her dream of adventuring.

ltTz1xx.png

Eagen Wolt Westerly

Originally a student at a rival boarding school in Rustfell, Eagen moved to Merrill after graduating early and deciding he'd rather have a nice quiet life in the countryside than become an adventurer or educator, the two roles that the school had sought to place him in. He enjoys studying plants and herbs, and their utilization as medicine that can be used for instant effects. He saved up enough money to afford his own house and was about to be apprenticed by Merril's head alchemist, when the economy turned sour and people began leaving in droves after the mines were shut down. Merril's head alchemist, Baublegut, packed his bags and left as well, leaving Eagen to fend for himself. Now to make a living, Eagen forages for usable plants and treasures and sells them to Gunsqueak. Despite far more profitable foraging in other areas, Eagen is not quite willing to wander beyond Blackbird Forest.

RYUvrVE.png

Xebec Sawls Nullyton

Xebec grew up in an orphanage run by the Nullytons on Serra Farm. When the Nullytons were killed by bandits, Xebec was captured and forced to become one of them. He spent his childhood years pillaging and robbing and he honed his craft as a member of the Pluckers gang. When the Pluckers were surrounded by the Rustfell Kingdom’s army, Xebec slew his leader, Pluck, and then pretended to be an escaped prisoner of the gang. The army subsequently released him and Xebec spent the next two decades working as a mercenary. He ended up in Merrill, where slow business forced him to become a permanent tenant of Merrill Inn.

2BGHaNd.png

Ankaba Cutsy Klenk

Originally from the continent of Delonesia, Ankaba grew into the mercenary business thanks to her older sister Linkel, who was a renown swordswoman that fought in the Delonesia-Bragan war. During a time of peace, the two offered training in their respective fortes: magic from Ankaba and swordsmanship from Linkel. When Linkel disappeared one day, Ankaba decided to look for her, and her travels took her to a far away land foreign to her in name and culture. She is currently searching for her sister in the Colorous Cave.

11Saur0.png

FEATURES

• Befriend each villager by talking to them every day and giving them gifts. Higher friendship levels allow you to learn each NPC's personal story and can also gain you access to new shop items, skills, hidden goodies, and more.

• Unique items means that each item in the game is treated as a separate object. You can rename equipment, find rare versions of them, upgrade and repair them (weapons have durability), and even enchant them. You can have several iron swords each with different enchantments on them.

• Six unique crafts: Cooking, Smithing, Tailoring, Enchanting, Alchemy, and Construction.

• Quests are divided into two categories: story quests that propel your adventure forward, and side quests that are procedurally generated.

• Features a world encounter system where you can find random events in field maps or dungeons, such as traveling merchants or a bandit who'll offer to spare you for money (or you can kill him)

• Enemy encounters and (most) treasure chests are randomly placed on maps. You typically won't find the same monster encounter in the same dungeon spot every time. Treasure chest contents are randomly drawn from a pool of items appropriate for the zone you're in. You can also find unique weapons with randomized names, stats, and enchantments.

2gLI8Ao.png

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

GX8I8WZ.png

DOWNLOADS

We have one download available for you guys! It should work without the VXAce RTP, but if it doesn't, please let us know!

Homework Salesman Chapter 1 Download

rBe3sIp.png

OTHER INFORMATION

FILgjWS.png

Click me!

Please visit Homework Salesman's Website for more information! It has a link to the game manual, a list of credits, and maybe even some goodie stuff I totally forgot to add in this topic! The manual alone is totally worth the read. In addition to that, Homework Salesman also has its very own little Wiki page which players can read, add things to help other players, and all sorts of goodies. Please give it a look as well!

Also check out this video spotlight for Homework Salesman by NoxieNation! You can see the game in action before you even download it and it'll give you the basics!

(URL: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3I69Qd_-xxQ)

I hope all of you enjoy the game! If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer!

Edited by Ronove, 13 January 2014 - 02:51 PM.

• Archeia, Ralph_Cielrus, Euphony and 21 others like this

Projects:
SSPBanner.png banner.png HWSbanner.png eaG4i3c.png

#2 Lunarea

Lunarea

Artist

• Admin
  • 5,743 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yay! So glad to see this here. It's an awesome, awesome project. :D

• Ralph_Cielrus and Ronove like this

My blog:

DevBlogSig.png

My current projects:

TUAH-userbar.png

Userbar-ST.png

#3 Mellipon

Mellipon

A formal strawberrii

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationNowhere
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yes, it's here!

This was the very first, and only, RM game I could not stop playing. I stopped now, but that's just what I do - I get into a game and then stop. XD

Co-Developer:
jrb.png

GS Thread

My Website/Blog

#4 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 6,159 posts
  • LocationChocolateLand
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTaglish

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Glad to see that this awesometastic game came over \o/

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

FK6sdj2.png || ZKYFctv.png

Script Call Collection || RMVXA Damage Flow || RMVXA Tips and Tricks 

9z3sTnf.png
"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

#5 Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationFat Chocobo's forest
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChocobo

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Great to see it here~ Can't wait for future info about chapter 2 ^.^ :)

3ds Friend Code: 5000 - 1977 - 0269

My current project :D
RDn36N8.png
FFT-Chocobo.gifNukey_Chocobo.gifSleeping-chocobo.gifchocobo.gifGray-Chocobo.gifff-chocobo-06.gifFF2Chocobo.gifchocobo2.gifchocobo.gifGold_chocobo.gif

Spoiler

Click Click  ;) Support  :D

Spoiler

Choco-wyvern_zpsb598edef.png
Misaka-Mikoto-Userbar_zpsc572f89d.gif

#6 Luchino

Luchino

Mapping Queen

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageUK English

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Love this game, couldn't stop playing it for hours on end. XD Had to take a break from playing because it kept sucking me in. Eagen is hilariously ( likes to watch seeds grow, lmao ) boring ( but I still like him ) and Renait is awesome. <3

Parallax mapping is the biggest sin known to RMkind.

#7 Lowell

Lowell

The Walking Atelier

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Oh? he finally released this awesome game? congrats! I should pick it up again now that I have some free time.

• Ralph_Cielrus likes this

qxl340V.png

***ChildoftheSea_zps61883407.png

Game Dev Journal (Outdated)

Time's Labyrinth

Made with Tiddlywiki5, Hosted on Google Drive

#8 Kumori

Kumori

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationThe Internet
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

It's a bit blindingly bright outside during the daytime, I think.

Also, there's a bug in the caves - there's an exclamation mark bubble like you would get from an enemy, but there's no enemy and I don't encounter anything.

Edited by Kumori, 23 August 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” 

so7ciw.png

#9 CodeineRx

CodeineRx

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I would just like to say... I LOVE YOUR GAME! You did a very good job on it!

:thumbsup-left: :D :thumbsup-right: 

#10 AstoXx

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster

• Early Adopter
  • 314 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageLogic

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Awwwwww, shit. How did I miss this?! Dammit, I've been away for too long. Personally, I blame all this life that keeps happening. Time to download and make all my free time disappear! Yaaaaay!~

8WWTd.png

I don't have OCD, I have CDO. They're in alphabetical order, like they should be.

Hey, everyone! Let's all go crazy killing mushrooms! Check out the latest awesome chain game right here, yo!

#11 amaranth

amaranth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMXP
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Ronove, you are AWESOME!!! This game is absolutely wonderful.

Posted Image

#12 Cozzer

Cozzer

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 220 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageItalian

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I just started it, and it's very fun!

The tailor family just appeared in town, and now I have to fight the urge to stop adventuring and just max the skills. Expecially because the big black blob boss destroyed my party. :(

Does anybody know where I can find the "elite enemies" the Innkeeper wants killed?

• Ronove likes this

#13 Reisen

Reisen

Hagoromo ♥

• Banned
  • 186 posts
  • LocationNOM NOM NOM
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageFilipinookie

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Downloading it now, can't wait to try this out! Artwork is sooo cute *o* An eyecandy!

IXULgOU.png

Thank you Pjcr <3

#14 takumi99

takumi99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First Languageenglish

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

after i'm recruit Ankaba from cave then how can i'm find her again i'm search her from everywhere.  

#15 Ronove

Ronove

♠ ♠ ♠

• Early Adopter
  • 445 posts
  • LocationOver the moon
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I just started it, and it's very fun!

The tailor family just appeared in town, and now I have to fight the urge to stop adventuring and just max the skills. Expecially because the big black blob boss destroyed my party. :(

Does anybody know where I can find the "elite enemies" the Innkeeper wants killed?

Look for the enemies with stars over their head! A lot can be found in the forest (and if you don't find it one day, check back another day!) same with the cave. You just gotta remember to keep checking back every day.

after i'm recruit Ankaba from cave then how can i'm find her again i'm search her from everywhere.  

She is found on the second floor in the same spot (though it's random if she appears or not) until you defeat Plutonus (the big black blob) where she'll appear on the third floor all the time. We put her on the second floor so if you happen across her, she can help you with Plutonus for sure.

Projects:
SSPBanner.png banner.png HWSbanner.png eaG4i3c.png

#16 Cozzer

Cozzer

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 220 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageItalian

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Look for the enemies with stars over their head! A lot can be found in the forest (and if you don't find it one day, check back another day!) same with the cave. You just gotta remember to keep checking back every day.

Yeah, I started finding 1-star enemies only after I defeated Plutonius; I guess I was just unlucky!

I found a couple things that may be a bug: I think that when a character is blind he cannot use skills. I don't know if that was intended, but it doesn't seem intuitive; it even prevents Reniat from using Warp!
(I'm not sure blindness is the cause, but it does seem like it...)

Also, multi-hit skills consume AP for every hit. I don't know if that's intended (they are quite powerful), but maybe it would be better to show their real cost in the skills list...ù

Also, some cooking delivery quests don't disappear from the journal even after you complete them, cluttering it.

Anyway, I just completed the third floor (barely defeated drunk guy and Q guy), and this game is a lot of fun!

Now I guess I'll slow exploration and start improving my friendships (and my weapons/items, or I'll just be demolished by the next floor)...

EDIT: This game is way too addicting.

Edited by Cozzer, 16 October 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#17 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

looks awesome i got it downloaded and ready to play

#18 JamesIsMakingGames

JamesIsMakingGames

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I downloaded the game, but nothing happens when I try clicking Game.exe. Does it not work on Linux, or is there some program I need to have in order to run it?

#19 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 6,159 posts
  • LocationChocolateLand
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTaglish

User's Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

It doesn't work on Linux.

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

FK6sdj2.png || ZKYFctv.png

Script Call Collection || RMVXA Damage Flow || RMVXA Tips and Tricks 

9z3sTnf.png
"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

#20 JamesIsMakingGames

JamesIsMakingGames

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I guess I'll go download it on Windows then. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG Maker VXAce, RPG, life simulation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users