• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fiorix

fiorix

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I am trying to make a couple puzzles and don't know how to make them.

- Player has to slide boulders to get to the end. The sliding part I can do, but how would I achieve a "room reset"? If the player gets stuck, they would need to teleport back to the entrance and the entire room would be reset back to it's original state.

-How would I make a puzzle where you need to reach the end of a room, but you step on a moving platform which moves you to the next platform (non-moving). You would then press a switch and 2 other moving platforms would appear and the previous moving platform would disappear and if the switch is press again, it is reversed (the two moving platforms disappear and the 1 moving appears). I would need to make the platforms go both ways.

The eventing is where I need help on this. Thanks!

#2 Cadh20000

Cadh20000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hmm... Now I'm trying to figure it out again... I did it quite a while back for a project in a previous version on RPGMaker, but now I don't remember how I did it!

I'll try to figure it out and get back to you, but no guarantees...

Now, I need to know, is the teleport automatic when a boulder goes in the wrong spot, or is it voluntarily activated by the player?

Edited by Cadh20000, 20 September 2013 - 02:36 PM.

This was getting too long soooo...

Spoiler

#3 fiorix

fiorix

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the help! For the boulder puzzle, it would be voluntarily activated.

#4 Cadh20000

Cadh20000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I stink at scripting so everything I do is via the events...

Are you using an item or switch to trigger it?

If so you will need to go into database first and add a common event to actually do the transporting. You would then go to the Items tab and make an item, to be used from the menu, that calls the event.

IF I'm right, and I can't be sure without making the puzzle myself the event would have to:

Fade out the screen,

Erase the boulder events

Transfer the player to the entrance (which I THINK counts as leaving the map and returning which restores the erased event, I THINK to their original positions)

Fade in the the screen.

Alternatively you can make an event on the boulders which would autorun when a switch is activated (SAME SWITCH ON ALL BOULDERS) that would:

Move event to direct designation (back where they started)

Turn the switch off (which should restore them to their original state)

Both are highly dependent on the order of operations and the second would require the item or trigger to activate the switch on the boulders instead of calling a common event.

Now, remember, it took me two days to figure it out the first time through trial and error. and  I haven't done that setup in quite a while and now I only have the Lite version of VX Ace so I can't do common events any more, so I won't swear I got this right... I can just run through it in my head and hope I didn't make any mistakes.

Edited by Cadh20000, 20 September 2013 - 06:00 PM.

This was getting too long soooo...

Spoiler

#5 DuncanS

DuncanS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

How you call the event is up to you, but you can teleport the player out of the room and back in to reset it. Fadeout the screen, Transfer Player to any random map, then Transfer Player back to the boulder map in the location you want, and finally Fadein the screen. If your question is more how to call this event, you can try Yanfly's Button Common Events, have an accessible button or switch, or have an item that calls a common event when used (as Cadh pointed out).

As for your second question, I put together a very simple demo that shows how to control showing and hiding events with a switch: [attachment=8337:Project1.zip]

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Duncan

Credit for my avatar goes to my good friend and game development partner Taka: WordPress | DA

WordPress site: cp-blogpic-31.png   |   GMD March 2014 MAGES - Because MAGIC aiOAsFG.png

My games: hxSfvDI.gifedo-banner.png (Happy pirate courtesy of palladinthug! YARR HAR HARR!)

#6 Venka

Venka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Here's a demo with Shaz's SOKOBAN puzzle. I added the reset option to the parallel process

https://www.dropbox....zpcf/Puzzle.exe

The tutorial for making the puzzle can be found here:

http://forums.rpgmak...sokoban-puzzle/

interesting game being developed:

http://forums.rpgmak...-demons-revenge

DR-Sig-Bar-Rotation.gif

#7 fiorix

fiorix

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Thanks everyone. I'll give these a try when I get home!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users