40 posts in this topic

I hope you enjoy my edits, but please, please don't forget to credit everyone I mention, especially where sprites are concerned. Check the second post for more!

Support me?

JalensJunkyardUserbar.png

[url=http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20-jalens-junkyard/][img=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/Jasmine_Reinier/RTP%20Stuffs/JalensJunkyardUserbar.png][/url]

So, without further ado --

Complicated Edits:

Gloria1.png

Gloria, who is a grouchyface. )8<

OrionWIPCloak.pngOrionWIPNoCloak.png

OrionKidDone.pngOrionTeenDone1.png

This is Orion, now in child and teen flavors as well. uwub There are some portrait emotions of him downthread.

LinkDone.pngLinkDoneHatless.png

Link from The Legend of Zelda. This one is based off the Twilight Princess design.

ZeroSuitSamusDone.png

NergleNergle, Zero Suit Samus! I love Samus. ;A;

FreyaDone.png

The goddess Freya! Pentagonbuddy did the flower pattern on her vest.

The sprite for Freya can be found over here by FenixFyreX!

RedShinkenDone2.png

Shinken Red, from Kamen Riders...I believe that it? XD As requested by NekoLLX.

KefraPokemonRivalPortraitDone.pngPokemonTrainerDone.png

You can find Kefra's matching sprites right here! and here! Please don't forget to credit him!

QuigonRequestDone1.png

A request from Quigonkeichy! Feel free to use him. <3

OlderDevinFinished.pngGreenHairedLittleBoyDone.png

Here's Devin in older and younger incarnations.

JadenDone.pngJulianaTanVEyebrowsFinished.png

Jaden, a remake I did of the RTP bandit. >BD And then his, err, sister? XD SURE. Juliana is the female version~!

OokieRequestFinished.png

A request from Ookie Panda! This is her character, now named Anya! 8D She has my FIRST fully-scratched hair and it shows, haha.

BrownHairedKnightEdit4.pngPinkHairedLadyKnight1.pngBlondeHairedRalphEdit3.png

BlueHairedMage3.pngRalphina2.pngGreenHairedMaidFixed.png

These are edits of Rajawali's wonderful gender-swapped edits! I got permission from him to edit them, and his thread is right over here! Go check it out! D8<

LanceGenderSwapPonehTail.pngDrakeGenderSwap2.png

And then here's gender-swapped edits of my own! The green-haired man is Lance, and the white-haired man is Drake~! ;D

GrantBattleArmor.pngGrantBattleArmorNoCirclet.pngGrantCloakFinished.pngGrantCeremonialOutfitFix.pngGrantCasualOutfitFix.pngGrantBathrobeSleepyfaiseDispleased.pngUNF2-1.pngGrantKid.png

Credits to my dearie Pentagonbuddy for making the naked base! ;D This is my king, Grant. ...As you can see, I went a little crazy editing him. BUT HE WAS SO MUCH FUUUUUN. );<

BlondeLadyKnightDone.pngDominicFinished.pngMarissa.pngGuntherDone.pngLeanderFinished.png

Alexandrea, Dominic, Marissa, Gunther, and Leander!

My Original Characters:

HectorDone.pngHectorOlderWIPClothedPinstripesHerp.png

Hector, my ooooldest character. And one of the youngest. At the same time. XD He's only 17, and full of PEP AND DETERMINATION! D8< Also here's his older self! X3

darcelfinished.png

Finally, FINALLY done. Took me long enough, man, since I lost inspiration on him for ages. Finishing Florian so quickly really gave me the kick in the butt needed. XD

Anyway, Darcel is an OC demon of mine. He's honestly a harmless dude who spends his time studying history books and drinking tea. *Nods*

Progress gif of Darcel!

FlorianRTPJustshirtFinished.pngFlorianDoubletFinished.png

The all-white shirt is Pentagonbuddy's, and she did his burn scar, but everything else is the RTP's and my own! This is Florian, and I'm very proud of getting him done.

Progress gif of Florian!

Facesets:

OrionBlankFaces.png

GrantFacesetsComplete.pngGrantRoyalRobesEmosetDone.png

VariousFaces1.pngMaidFacesetsFixed.png

ElvesFacesComplete.pngGenderSwappedFacesetDONE2.png

NewPartyFaceset.pngLeanderEmo.png

DominicEmosetWIP4.pngZombieKingFaceset1.png

ArnolddrFacesetRequestDone.pngRTPEditFacesFixed-1.png

SlimeyFaces.pngActor3-5Emoset.png

PokemonTrainerFaceset.pngJadenEmosetWIP4.png

Leander emoset done by Pentagonbuddy! Arnoldrr's request-guy's emoset is my own.

Sprites:

OlderHector--Hermanmachine.png

An older Hector sprite by Hermanmachine!

devin2-1.png

A Devin sprite by Lunara! (Not to be confused with Lunarea!)

partymembersprites1--Jaide.png

Dominic and sprite by Jisatsu, Gunther sprite by Zachy, and Marissa sprite by Jaide!

PrinceEdmundGloria--EdwardBlack-Closet-Antares.png

Edward and Gloria sprites by Edward Black, with additional credits to Closet and Antares!/b]

OrionSpriteJisatsu.pngorion1.pngorion2.pngOrionSpriteDown.png

Orion sprites by Jisatsu! The downed Orion is my own.

JadenSpriteDone.png

Jaden the bandit by Rajawali!

NZNathanOokieOldToYoungSprites.png

All credits go to NZ Nathan and Ookie Panda! I love these sprites. ;w;

GenderswapSpriteFinished2.png

Matching sprites for the gender-swapped edits! 8D I frankened my own sprite of Lance, Ookie Panda did Ralphina, and Rajawali did the rest! X3 Thank you so much, you guys!

FenixIcyRajawaliMaidsComplete.png

Matching sprites for the maids! Please credit FenixFyreX, IceDragon, and Rajawali for these sprites!

BowingMaidsCompleteRajawali.png

And then bowing maids by Rajawali, who worked from the back-only RTP one Aine did! All the rest are his, and they're AMAZING.

GrantSprites1Icedragon.pngLittleGrantQtpi.png

Lovelitastic Grant sprites made by IceDragon! 8DDD Just waiting for a few more of him! Annnnd the kid Grant done by Qtpi0121! ;A; WAH SO CUTE I LOVE HIM

Florian.pngFlorian_Wings_ClosedFenix.pngFlorianFlyingFenixFireX.png

Florian sprites done by my hero, FenixFyreX. XD HE DID SUCH A GREAT JOB *Flails* Florian even flies around! ;w; ...Though his portrait still needs his wings. <__<;

~~~

MORE EDITS:

Portrait emotions:

OrionEmbarrassedCloak.pngOrionEmbarrassed.png

OrionEyesClosed.pngOrionEyesClosedCloak.png

OrionEyesClosedAnnoyed.pngOrionEyesClosedAnnoyedCloak.png

OrionUpset.pngOrionUpsetCloak.png

OrionWounded.pngOrionWoundedCloak.png

OrionWIPNoCloakNoPendant.pngOrionWIPCloakNoPendant.png

OrionWIPNoCloakNoScar.pngOrionWIPCloakNoScar.png

OrionKidDoneNoPendant.pngOrionTeenDoneNoPendant.png

JulianaTanSmirkFinished.pngJulianaTanGrinFinished.png

GrantBattleArmorAngreh.pngGrantBattleArmorNoCircletAngreh.png

Halloween:

DraculaFaceset.png

Heeeere's Dracula ;D Based off of Lord Bagardo's awesome sprite.

DraculaFrankensteinFIx.png

And then Frankenstein without the emotions, yet! Also based off of Lord Bagardo's sprite! You can find the sprites over in this awesome topic! Now with more Headless Horseman. ;D ...He probably won't be getting emotions. *Dies*

Maids:

GreenHairedMaidPurpleyes1.pngBlondeMaid.pngBlueHairedMaidFixed1.png

BrunetteGreenEyeMaidFix.pngBlackHairedMaidFixed1.pngSilverHairedMaidFinished.pngDarkBlondeMaid.png

The sprite for the brown-haired maid with longer hair can be found here --> http://i52.tinypic.com/295xutl.png

All finished the maid set! *Flails* X3 These were requested by New~!

Simple edits:

LynnFixBlondeDone.png

Lynn~!

FeliciaDone.png

Here's Felicia, because the RTP seriously needs more children.

IceManWIP8.png

GrantBathrobeSleepyfaise.pngGrantBathrobeSleepyfaiseDispleased.png

Grant is so tired ;w;

UNF1-1.png

By Pentagonbuddy!

RalphMageWIP3.pngNekoRalphDone1.png

Some edited Ralph's for Sketcy's thread

HatlessActor2-4.png

Just a hatless Actor 2-4!

EdmundDone.png

Prince Edmund the Dour

DehattedCaptainOldDone.png

Hatless captain!

The sprite for cap'n here can be found here by FenixFyreX!

Monster8NoHelmetDone.png

Helmetless Monster8! He wasn't so hard, though, so I might move him to the second post soon. uwu ANNNND HERE HE IS IN THE SECOND POST

Actor1-3LongHair.png

Inspired by FenixFireX's edit over in this thread. I used his edit as a base, then edited up a few things and gave the guy long hair. XD The actor himself has always looked a little odd to me, so I might fix up his mouth and such at a later date.

MrBAMFBlondeFinished.png

JeremyNormalClothes.pngJeremyBrownCloak.png

Actor1-3ShortPonytailFinished.pngActor1-7ShortHair1Done.png

LonghairedBAMF3.pngPrinceLongHair.png

NoblewomanElf1.pngNobleLadyShortHair.png

FighterGirlPigtails3.pngFightGirlPigtailsNoSideburns.pngFighterGirlNoSideburns.png

Old to Young:

PriestGuyYoungerishWhiteHair.pngPriestGuyYoungerishBrownHair-1.png

AnniesDadYoungerWithoutFacialHairFi.png

Woman46Younger.png

OnceHadAHugeMustache2.pngOnceHadAHugeMustacheSmallerNose.png

MrYoungSourEmoset4.png

GrammaYoung4.pngGrammaYoungSmallerNose.png

RelatedToNonElfDude6-1.png

Recolors:

NoblewomanRecolor.png

Emo sets:

Older:

ButlerFixed.png

LilysDad13.png

EmoIrvine.png

EmoSeiferA.png

EmoSeiferB.png

EmoSquallA.png

These are older, so they need to be fixed up, but I figured I'd toss 'em up here anyway. Credits to Pentagonbuddy for the Final Fantasy faces!

Newer:

LilyEmoSet5.png

Credits to Closet for original face. I just tidied up the bangs and added emotions. <3

MaleSpiritualFacesetWIP.png

RalphEmoset.png

RalphinaEmoset2.png

Battlers:

OrionBattlerNoCloak.pngOrionBattlerCloak.png

Annnnd battler for Grant's buddy/head knight Orion! X3 Pentagonbuddy helped me out a ton on the bottom folds of the cloak! You should credit her as well if you use the cloaked version. uwu

GrantBattlerWIP2.pngGrantBattlerCasual.pngGrantBattlerCasualHalberd1.png

Battlers for my king, Grant! I hope you guys find him fitting. ;D The shirt was edited from the original over on this site!

JadenBattlerWIP1.png

Jaden the bandit battler!

Monster8BattlerHelmet.pngMonster8BattlerNoHelmet.png

These ones match Monster8! The RTP one didn't match very well, I felt, so here's one that hopefully looks better! X3 Also with my helmetless version.

PuppetZombieBattlerDone.pngHorseplay.pngHuegArmedImp.png

SciFiSoldierJaide.pngSciFiSoldierFemaleWIP4.png

Guns from this site and recolored. These two battlers are based off of Avadan's future soldier sprites!

Shinken Red is from Shinkenger which is a series of Super Sentai. Super Sentai is where power ranger originated from. So, it is just the japanese power rangers. I believe power rangers has released their version of Shinkenger which they named Power Rangers Samurai.

Shinkenger did do a crossover with Kamen Rider Decade though.

Oh yeah, i love your cat-Ralph

Holy crap, these are amazing! Very well done.

Wow, that is all I can say :D.

Ill put the support button in my sig :D.

Good to see your resources here Jalen :D

Wow really nice edits, keep it up :D!

these are awesome what program do you use, because im thinking of making some of my own

A few things I have in my folder as yours aren't here =[

But you have Florian =] - he's fun.

Did I miss your portraits of the Pokemon kid, Juliana and Marissa? ***edit Acck! you hid them in "complicated edits! :D ***

Your portraits always have an engaging quality. =]

Edited by deb

Great work absolutely. Will make sure I find a use for some of them, too nice'n'pretty to not use :)

Archer.pngArcherSmirk.pngArcherSurprised.pngBlondeArcherSadTears.png

ArcherAnger.pngArcherEyesClosed.pngArcherEmbarrassed.pngArcherSad.png

ArcherEmoset.png

BlasterLadyNoGogglesDone.pngActor4-8NakedBase.png

Wheeeew! Figured I'd put my Restaff Release resources up in here, just in case people haven't seen them yet! You can find the matching sprite and battler for the archer, as well as the battler for the blaster girl, over <-- here in the Restaff Release thread!

The archer was made from the base I made of the one Japanese-inspired Ace RTP lady, but the blaster girl was completely scratched from head to waist, haha.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much guys, I haven't been doing a lot of portrait editing lately. But I do have something in the woodwork! I'll try to get that done. uwub

@ Deb: Yeah, I think I still haven't put everything up here! I'm mostly worried about losing space, it happens a lot. ): If things aren't here, they'll be in my resources blog! And hee you like Florian? He's still one of my favorite characters of mine, though is portrait's getting a little old now. ;w; Thank you so much for the complimeeent *flail*

@ Brady: Wah, thank you so much! That's incredibly good to hear, I love it when my resources get used ;w;b

For anyone wonder, I use Photoshop CS5 for making these. I'll be doing various livestreams showing how I edit. <333

GrandmaDeb likes this

Do you take requests by chance? Because these facesets are just awesome!

Same question as above, If you do requests, I'd love to see one of my creations come to life with the brilliant artwork here :)

I love your work here. Particularly your genderswap edits; very creative.

Jalen, if you made Juliana a faceset alongside these great portraits i think I might just fall in love with you. and i do say if- not trying to make demands, of course.

And more portraits would be amazing, but not necessary. It'd just be nice. Was there even a sprite for her here? I don't see one.

Edited by Grithicaustere

Uhmm do you have upper body portraits of other actors in the game? Also wondering..how would one go about using the upper body portraits instead of just a face? ^- ^ you have some very nice stuff here.

Grant kinda looks like Fire Lord Ozi from avatar,but with blond hair.

Hello Jalen, first and foremost I want to say thank you and congratulate you on your work. But more than anything I want to ask you for something, don´t you give up. That´s what I want, honestly, your portrait generator is only a BETA and it´s still the best I have seen online, and truthfully I have been searching for resources for years. I have´t seen any update on it, or on the male portrait generator you were looking to make, so I am just hoping and praying you haven´t given up. I am not great with the RPG maker, but I am doing my best to make a game, and I have been working on it for years. Honestly, people like you help us all out, and you can make not only things easier for us noobs, but also make us want to keep on working on our games. So once again, thank you and I hope you are still working on those portrait generators.

Jalen likes this

Hey guys! I hate to post here without putting anything new up...because the truth is, I haven't drawn anything in over a month, let alone any portraits! I've been in a real downward spiral when it comes to art that I hope I can dig myself out of soon. I don't want to bore or worry you with the details, but I'll at least say that I'm trying hard to pick myself up again!

Hello Jalen, first and foremost I want to say thank you and congratulate you on your work. But more than anything I want to ask you for something, don´t you give up. That´s what I want, honestly, your portrait generator is only a BETA and it´s still the best I have seen online, and truthfully I have been searching for resources for years. I have´t seen any update on it, or on the male portrait generator you were looking to make, so I am just hoping and praying you haven´t given up. I am not great with the RPG maker, but I am doing my best to make a game, and I have been working on it for years. Honestly, people like you help us all out, and you can make not only things easier for us noobs, but also make us want to keep on working on our games. So once again, thank you and I hope you are still working on those portrait generators.

I just don't even know what to say, this means so much to me, especially when I'm feeling absolutely terrible about my art right now! I had no idea my portrait generator was still kicking around the nets...I haven't taken it off of mediafire or anything, but it's really heartwarming to know people are still using it, even as a sad little beta! I will try my best to start on it again. I'm afraid to make any promises considering how things have been going on my end. But seriously, thank you so much for writing this post. <333 I'm glad I can help even one person out!

Oh jalen you silly! Your portraits are in my opinion the best RTP-Alike I've seen floating around! They are absolutely gorgeous. These portraits actually triggered me to start drawing portraits myself. I'm sure you help tons of people out in here.

I hope you will take up drawing soon, and always remember that the community is grateful for your work.

*hugs*

Jalen likes this

Jalen, dearie, you are, like all artists, experiencing the ups and downs of producing your art.

But that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your art. Or with you.

I love your stuff!

And how did you sneak a portrait generator past your old pal Deb?????

http://jalensjamboree.blogspot.com/search/label/Portrait%20Generator

Verrry sneaky, verrry sneaky...

Jalen likes this