48 posts in this topic

[RPG Maker Tools] Anti RGSS Decrypter

What is it?

This is a program that will protect your game from "RGGS Decypter" (a program to stole all your game resources, include datas and graphics).

How it work?

There's 2 program, "Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe" and "ARD Launcher RC2.exe" (you can rename it)

Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe will encrypt your *.rgssXX file and Audio file (optional). And watch my video below :P

How to use & how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSuyCtKwqsg

Youtube URL: watch?v=dSuyCtKwqsg

Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81726494/App/Anti%20RGSS%20Decrypter.rar

Only works as long as no one knows which folder that is

ok, I have to do a revision, because it's still hackable :P

Note:

1. This is more stable but not the perfect one. It's still possible to decrypt the game's data, and let me know by send me PM if you've succeeded in doing it, I will fix it.
2. Do not include Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe in your game (after encryption is done), it's not needed anymore

3. You need to input password to secure your datas, so if you willing to Update your game, you need the same password !

4. Credit is not needed, but let me know if you wanna donate a dollar to me :P  (I have paypal & ATM :guffaw: and yeah, I can reinstall windows :troll:)

Edited by Kevin Blaze Coolerz

I've moved this thread to Program and Utility Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Millerberto2 likes this

Whoa at the Audio Encryption, that's pretty neat :'O

ShinGamix likes this

Tried this out with 2 decrypters that I'm aware of and it works like a charm!

Finally, I can start working on my project without constantly thinking about the resource pack I purchased being taken from the game.

ALTERED STATE 🍕 likes this

What algorithm did you use to encrypt the data?

do I need to tell you what the encryption algorithm? lol

it's so harmfull dude :D

Whoa at the Audio Encryption, that's pretty neat :'O

audio encryption... neat

yep, you able to encrypt your audio file :)

Tried this out with 2 decrypters that I'm aware of and it works like a charm!

thanks for trying to decrypt it and review it here :D

Finally, I can start working on my project without constantly thinking about the resource pack I purchased being taken from the game.

congrats :D

When the splash screen occurs, is it trying to precache or something? It just got me curious why it was there. I couldn't tell since this pc is relatively fast.

When the splash screen occurs, is it trying to precache or something? It just got me curious why it was there. I couldn't tell since this pc is relatively fast.

believe me, it's safe. it just decrypt the datas and run the Game.exe

splash screen is optional, you can disabled it by delete Splash.png, or don't click Splash button in Anti RGSS Decrypter.exe

i've also made a review of this tool in here http://13th-info.blogspot.com/2013/12/anti-rgss-decrypter-solusi-untuk.html

at my blog, i've tested it with 4 decrypters and just see the results in there (use google translate if you don't understand indonesian hehehe) :D

i'm still waiting for the final release of this tool :D the method was tricky actually :D

That could be interesting, especially the music encryption part.

Can you specify the terms of use, please ?

Is this program available for free even for commercial games ?

That could be interesting, especially the music encryption part.

Can you specify the terms of use, please ?

Is this program available for free even for commercial games ?

4. Credit is not needed, but let me know if you wanna donate a dollar to me :P  (I have paypal & ATM :guffaw: and yeah, I can reinstall windows :troll:)

I'm pretty sure that means it's free even for commercial use.  It would be better if it were donationware (must donate at LEAST $1 to activate it), but I'm not the author of this program.  That part is solely up to him.

uhmm, ya it's free. Extra feature for donator is not available (yet), I don't have any idea what feature for it :)

but do a donation surely make my happy :D

djDarkX likes this

do I need to tell you what the encryption algorithm? lol

it's so harmfull dude :D

Security through obscurity

How can anyone be confident that your encryption is secure if you're not going to say how it's done?

Modern encryption systems are completely open.

Edited by Tsukihime
Pugh95Bear and Arin like this

As I understand it, it is easily reversible. So, if one knows the algorithm, it can be cracked in an instant.

So, it is secured until...

Actually I guess obscurity is a good form of protection when it comes to protecting data that is given to clients, because all they have to do is attach a debugger and read the instructions.

If they know the algorithm, that saves them the effort of having to actually read the instructions.

It's all just a matter of how much work they need to go through, since all of the stuff happens on their end anyways.

So it definitely be dangerous to tell anyone how it works because that only takes away from the effectiveness.

And there I thought someone made something that would fill my evening …

Where's the challenge when your launcher already writes the decrypted files to the disk? And why don't you mention other coders whose work you used like score_under - ha, I remember the name - it's not the first time his work is used in the RPG Maker community without proper credits - who wrote the (probably) most important part: the encryption (dll_enc.dll) and then also “beg” for money?

Oh, is that how it works. That's kind of silly. I can see why he didn't want to give any information regarding how the security was done. Where are the files stored?

Edited by Tsukihime

Aww. It's still nice though. I'd consider it to be a protection "good enough" to stop an average user from obtaining data files from your game easily, for example when you use copyrighted music whose author requires you to protect it somehow, that should do the trick.

I mean seriously, nothing is going to stop someone who really wants to get your stuff, so this is fighting a losing battle.

Where are the files stored?

%APPDATA%\Game or just start the Task Manager (a decent one) and open the file location of the RGSS Player process.

protect it somehow

But the current version doesn't really protect anything? It's still the RGSSAD v1 (and v3?) encryption with unencrypted audio files. The password (I don't know the algorithm (yet) but it looks like figuring it out isn't a complicated task.) and temporarily unpacking the files to some not so obvious path is not doing the trick - at least for me. If that's enough for (some of) you, so be it.

I haven't tested the program, but according to the comments given here it's working in a rather simple way and I want to give a few comments.

1) crediting

If the program uses the work of someone else, then it should give proper credit if that other work is freeware (that is the rule for the forums here, and failing can get the resource deleted). I suggest that the OP adds any such credit to the original topic.

If the resources used are not freeware (I can't tell because I don't know the names given here) then this is the same as pirating the software.

2) "security by obscurity" doesn't work.

Any encryption can be hacked, and if no one knows which encryption was used then no one can check if that encryption had already been broken - and the hackers are usually so up.- to - date that they only need a few hours to identify the algorithm (as seen above), so the obscurity only works if the target audience is without real hackers.

And all current encryption methods (at least the better ones) know that and work by making a difference between the internal, true encryption-key (which is needed to encrypt data) and a public key (which can be used to access but not change the data). And you can't get the internal key from the public key without a lot more effort than its usually worth.

3) The main problem with any encryption of game data

ANY form of encryption of game data to prevent resource theft has an extremely big problem: RPGM needs to be able to read the data to allow playing of the game.

Which means that it's basically impossible to protect the resources from the player using the game.

Decrypting the data to a different folder only works as long as no one knows which folder that is - and as said above that's easy to detect in modern operating systems.

If the decryption would have been done not to a different path but to a hidden (!) RAM-Drive, then that would have been a lot better (not perfect, because even then a memory checker would have been able to locate the resources - but that would be a tool that is rather uncommon and requires quite a bit of work to get the resources out, so it would be worthwile the effort)

A real, working encryption would require the files to be stored encrypted and having the decryption done inside the game engine - that would be a lot better, but the neccessary scripts and DLLs will slow down gameplay and increase lag.

So to anyone looking for a protection against resource piracy: That isn't easy, and if someone claims to have a perfect solution then that is (as often the case) too good to be true...

If the decryptor part is given as scripts to be included in the game, then you have at least a chance of stopping the script-kiddy-pirates (those who don't have real knowledge about encryption processes), but not if the decrypter is an external program wrapped around the game...

Kurisu, Tsukihime and Animebryan like this

So far I haven't found any solution that would work better than data compression offered by RPG Maker itself... If it's this much of a problem, perhaps there is just no point in trying to protect the game data any further? I imagine that the only people actually interested in accessing the game files would be RPG Maker users. Only few among them will know that there's decrypting hacks available. Even if they steal some content, they won't really be able to do anything with it (at least not here nor any other major RPG Maker sites).

...and in the end, anyone could just rip the music and graphics using audacity and photoshop respectively... given they have enough patience to do so :)

Look at triple-A titles like Skyrim, people rip character models and put them in Garry's mod, GTA IV etc... nobody really makes a big deal out of it.

Edited by Kurisu
Animebryan likes this

%APPDATA%\Game or just start the Task Manager (a decent one) and open the file location of the RGSS Player process.

The moment I saw this, I had to try it with task manager default and found it in 2 clicks haha.

That was sneaky and I was hoping that wasn't the case, but alas. Not much we can do there.