Compatibility Fix

http://forums.rpgmak...patibility-fix/

Introduction

Allows users to create unison skills or items for actors

Spoiler

Video

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mWhN18Fg8og

Features

Use of notetags(needs knowledge of notetag usage) to set specific skills or items needing specific actors and using specific parameter rules in their damage formulae in notetags in these skills or items' notebox

How to use

Open the script editor and put this script into an open slot between Materials and Main. Save to take effect.

FAQ

None

Credit and Thanks

DoubleX(Giving me credit is completely optional)

No terms of use other than not claiming this script as created by anyone except DoubleX or his alias

Compatibility
Scripts rewriting or aliasing method:
- self.load_database under module DataManager

- param, inputable? or usable? under class Game_BattlerBase

- make_actions, make_damage_value or use_item under class Game_Battler

- clear_actions under class Game_Actor

- enable? under class Window_ItemList

- display_use_item under class Window_BattleLog

- next_command, prior_command, command_attack, command_guard, on_skill_ok, on_item_ok or turn_start under class Scene_Battle

may have compatibility issues with this script
Place this script above those aliasing any of these methods if possible

Changelog

v1.01c(GMT 0900 1-6-2014):

- Fixed unison item not invoking common event bug

v1.01b(GMT 0030 13-2-2014):

- Fixed nil @input_actor and @unison_actor bug

v1.01a(GMT 0700 7-2-2014):

- Added <unison param: x> notetag

v1.00e(GMT 0300 26-1-2014):

- Fixed nil, non-skill and non-item item bug

v1.00d(GMT 0500 24-1-2014):
- Fixed Action Times+ Bug

v1.00c(GMT 0900 16-1-2014):

- Unison skills and items can only be selected by their unison actors

v1.00b(GMT 1300 15-1-2014):

- Fixed $game_actors[actor_id] with actor_id equals nil bug

v1.00a(GMT 0600 15-1-2014):

- 1st version of this script finished

Attached File  (DoubleX)Unison Item v1.01c.txt   35.07KB   61 downloads

Edited by DoubleX, 01 June 2014 - 04:04 AM.

• tiagoms likes this

#2 ninjalex

ninjalex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Very cool script and nice video as well! :)

Might use this in my games.

My Games:

Hailren-DestinyWarriorsBanner_zpscbfdae1   

Over9000X.png

#3 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Updates

v1.00b (GMT 1300 15-1-2014):

- Fixed $game_actors[actor_id] with actor_id equals nil bug

Bug Causes:

Spoiler

#4 Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationThe Origin's Cradle
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Ahh this script is GREAT, exactly what I've been searching months for! Though I do have a slight issue, I'm using Yanfly's Instant Cast script and it's causing some sort of overwrite. The instant skill now acts as an actual turn if I'm setting up for a unison attack with 2 other party members. In case you're interested the instant skill is a reload skill for my gunner.

If you could make a patch or work around for that it would be greatly appreciated, thanks~

Banners and stuff~

Spoiler

#5 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

Updates

v1.00c (GMT 0900 16-1-2014):

- Unison skills and items can only be selected by their unison actors

Ahh this script is GREAT, exactly what I've been searching months for! Though I do have a slight issue, I'm using Yanfly's Instant Cast script and it's causing some sort of overwrite. The instant skill now acts as an actual turn if I'm setting up for a unison attack with 2 other party members. In case you're interested the instant skill is a reload skill for my gunner.

If you could make a patch or work around for that it would be greatly appreciated, thanks~

I've written a script to try to fix this:

http://www.rpgmakerv...patibility-fix/

Edited by DoubleX, 16 January 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#6 Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hmmm, it hasn't fixed it... I probably worded myself wrong. The script actually cancels out the instant effect and treats it as a normal attack if a unision is set up for that turn. For example Actor 1 and 2 set up a unison skill, and actor 3 has a instant use skill, if Actor 1 and 2 set up a unison attack, Actor 3's instant use is treated like a normal action that takes up their turn, cancelling it. Hope I've explained better this time. Thanks again and sorry for the bother.

Banners and stuff~

Spoiler

#7 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hmmm, it hasn't fixed it... I probably worded myself wrong. The script actually cancels out the instant effect and treats it as a normal attack if a unision is set up for that turn. For example Actor 1 and 2 set up a unison skill, and actor 3 has a instant use skill, if Actor 1 and 2 set up a unison attack, Actor 3's instant use is treated like a normal action that takes up their turn, cancelling it. Hope I've explained better this time. Thanks again and sorry for the bother.

According to my test on a project having only the below 3 custom scripts with the ordering same as that in the project:

Yanfly Engine Ace - Instant Cast v1.03

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items v1.00c

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items Compatibility Fix v1.00a

The bug you mentioned doesn't occur and the instant use is treated as instant.

Edit: A project having only the below 2 custom scripts with the ordering same as that in the project:

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items v1.00c

Yanfly Engine Ace - Instant Cast v1.03

Should be free from the bug you mentioned too, at least according to my another test.

Edited by DoubleX, 16 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#8 Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Wait a second... *facepalm* Dammit! I wasn't reading the page properly and didn't see the link for the patch at the bottom lol. Sorry about that, yeah it's works fine now. Thanks again, I really, really appreciate this!~

Banners and stuff~

Spoiler

#9 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Updates

v1.00d(GMT 0500 24-1-2014):
- Fixed Action Times+ Bug

#10 Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi there,\. sorry to bug you again but I've got more issues with the script. It seems when I got to the "Items" menu I can select an item that isn't there and causes the game to crash. Also, for some reason if I try to access my items in battle, I get another crash. Here are the crash reports of each instance.

Errors_zps7bc6e952.png

Banners and stuff~

Spoiler

#11 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Updates

v1.00e(GMT 0300 26-1-2014):

- Fixed nil, non-skill and non-item item bug

• ShinGamix and Chaos Avian like this

#12 dx808080

dx808080

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hey, this looks amazing.  I am a bit new to scripting and notetags (I have some very, very basic knowledge) and I was hoping I could impose on someone to post an example of how a damage notetag for this would work.  In particular, would it be possible to have the skill's dmg determined in part by a formula based on one actor's MAT (magic attack) and another's ATK (attack)?  Again, I really appreciate any help and if I had an example, I am sure I would be able to figure out the rest.

Thanks again

#13 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hey, this looks amazing.  I am a bit new to scripting and notetags (I have some very, very basic knowledge) and I was hoping I could impose on someone to post an example of how a damage notetag for this would work.  In particular, would it be possible to have the skill's dmg determined in part by a formula based on one actor's MAT (magic attack) and another's ATK (attack)?  Again, I really appreciate any help and if I had an example, I am sure I would be able to figure out the rest.

Thanks again

Does the damage notetag you mentioned mean <unison rule: x>? If so, x is one of the following:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
#  * UNISON_PARAM_RULE, default = 2                                            |
#    Each parameter in the damage formula of the unison skills or items used   |
#    will be altered by one of the rules below if there's no working notetag:  |
#    0 - No changes will take place                                            |
#    1 - Its minimum among all actors involved in the unison skills or items   |
#        used will be used in their damage formulae                            |
#    2 - Its average among all actors involved in the unison skills or items   |
#        used will be used in their damage formulae                            |
#    3 - Its maximum among all actors involved in the unison skills or items   |
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

<unison rule: 0> uses the caster's(the one invoking the unison skills or items) stats

<unison rule: 1> uses the minimum of all unison actors' stats for each stat

<unison rule: 2> uses the average of all unison actors' stats for each stat

<unison rule: 3> uses the maximum of all unison actors' stats for each stat

For a skill's dmg being determined in part by its formula based on one's stat x and another's stat y, I come up with two possible interpretations(may be mistaken):

(Use the formula a.atk + a.mat as an example)

1 - a.atk is the mix of(according to unison rule) actor(s) A1, A2, A3, ..., AN's atk while a.mat is the mix of(according to unison rule) actor(s) B1, B2, B3, ..., BN's mat

2 - a.atk, is the mix of(according to unison rule) actor(s) A1, A2, A3, ..., AN's atk and B1, B2, B3, ..., BN's mat while a.mat, is the mix of(according to unison rule) actor(s) C1, C2, C3, ..., CN's atk and C1, C2, C3, ..., CN's mat

Both of the above requires a major upgrade of this script and I'll try if I'm sure I really know what you mean.

Edited by DoubleX, 05 February 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#14 dx808080

dx808080

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

That's it?  Sorry for being so dense!  I understand it now.  I had misunderstood what the script did and had thought you could customize the dmg formula.  Totally my mistake.  It's a great script and I am going to implement it in my game (2-3hr demo 98% ready and coming soon).  I was using Kread-Ex's combo attack script, but for some reason (I assume the error was with me, and not his script) I couldn't get it to work reliably.  Sometimes the attacks would work, sometimes no effect.  I intend to work your combo skills system in, and although it is going to probably be in the release after that, I also have some ideas for the combo items.

As for what I was asking about with the dmg being determined by one actor's MAT and another's ATK, what I had in mind (and mistakenly thought was possible) was that you could say Skill DMG = (Actor A1's atk + Actor A2's mat) which I think is item 2.   I think your script is great as is and plan to use it and there is no need to customize on my account.  If you like the sound of the idea and want to do it because you think it sounds cool, I would of course be thrilled.

Thanks again!

#15 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

Updates

v1.01a(GMT 0700 7-2-2014):

- Added <unison param: x> notetag

#16 dx808080

dx808080

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Amazing!  You are the greatest!  

#17 dx808080

dx808080

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

Really sorry to bug you again, but I have been getting this error: 'Script XX Unison' line 256: NoMethodError occurred.  Undefined method '+'  for nil:NilClass.  Am I doing something wrong?

If it helps, this is the line in issue

return @input_actor + @unison_actor > @actions.size && unison_item_inputable?

Edited by dx808080, 12 February 2014 - 01:51 AM.

#18 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

Really sorry to bug you again, but I have been getting this error: 'Script XX Unison' line 256: NoMethodError occurred.  Undefined method '+'  for nil:NilClass.  Am I doing something wrong?

If it helps, this is the line in issue

return @input_actor + @unison_actor > @actions.size && unison_item_inputable?

I'm interested in when and where the error occurs and whether you're using any other custom scripts as it seems that things should be ok without any of them :)

Edited by DoubleX, 12 February 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#19 dx808080

dx808080

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

It happens when I open the menu, select skills, and go to magic.   I am am using a couple of other scripts, Asdasa's party leader script,  Hime's large choices, Coelocanth's crafting, Craze's Elemental Merger, Retcon's Journal, and Yami's Skill Shop.

#20 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageChinese

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Updates

v1.01b(GMT 0030 13-2-2014):

- Fixed nil @input_actor and @unison_actor bug

It happens when I open the menu, select skills, and go to magic.   I am am using a couple of other scripts, Asdasa's party leader script,  Hime's large choices, Coelocanth's crafting, Craze's Elemental Merger, Retcon's Journal, and Yami's Skill Shop.

It turns out that it's merely my script's(and thus my) fault and it's nothing to do with any other custom scripts :)

Spoiler

Edited by DoubleX, 12 February 2014 - 07:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users