Photo

TP

TP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 deilin

deilin

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

Looking in the editor, i see a variable called TP.

Looking at the scripts, it has cost and generating amounts. What exactly is TP compared to something like MP?

~Projects~

Spoiler

~PSA~

Spoiler

~Video Focus~

Spoiler

#2 Warpmind

Warpmind

Twisted Genius

• Early Adopter
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

Separate energy tracker for separate abilities, I believe - kind of like how a Monk character might tap their reserves of Ki energy to hit stuff very hard while a Mage character taps their Mana reserves to fuel a ginormous fireball.

...Hmmm, I wonder if you could set an ability to use BOTH energy types...
When reloading your frying pan with a short-range teleportation spell in the middle of a battle is the logical, rational course of action, you know the game has entered the realm of awesome. For very peculiar definitions of awesome.

MENSA-certified genius. That and a couple of coins will get me a cuppa coffee. Otherwise fairly tolerable, if you have the patience for punnery.

#3 Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy

Legal Eagle

• Lead Eagle
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

TP is a new form of skill resource (like MP), except its rated from 0-100. It goes up whenever you do damage or you take damage (and you can set other ways like regen or skills that increase it.)

Basically your character should start with it low and build up as turns go on.

#4 deilin

deilin

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

That's what I thought. Thanks.

~Projects~

Spoiler

~PSA~

Spoiler

~Video Focus~

Spoiler

#5 WizzyT

WizzyT

Wandering Ninja

• Early Adopter
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Essentially its the Rage from World of Warcraft.

Damaging via normal attacks/Buffs will increase TP, Skills that require higher TP values will generally be better or have more prolonged effects.

#6 Warpmind

Warpmind

Twisted Genius

• Early Adopter
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

...Limit Breaks, here we come. :D
When reloading your frying pan with a short-range teleportation spell in the middle of a battle is the logical, rational course of action, you know the game has entered the realm of awesome. For very peculiar definitions of awesome.

MENSA-certified genius. That and a couple of coins will get me a cuppa coffee. Otherwise fairly tolerable, if you have the patience for punnery.

#7 deilin

deilin

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hmm... Might have to script in to nullify tp up when attacked so it only rises on the actors own actions...

~Projects~

Spoiler

~PSA~

Spoiler

~Video Focus~

Spoiler

#8 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

It's really another tool to help balance your game. For example, you might have a certain Beserker Class that uses TP but no MP, while others use MP but no TP. I imagine there's all sorts of ways to utilize this option.