Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zizou

Beginning cutscene?

Question

I'm making a game and I figured that to make a beginning cutscene I could just smack an event under the starting position of the character, but that doesnt work :T

How do I do it?

7 answers to this question

On the Event editor, you'll see on the left side a dropdown called 'Trigger'. Use 'Auto-Start' so the event triggers as soon as the map loads. I suggest reading up on Self-Switches as well.

Zizou likes this

Great, thanks, it worked! Except there's a problem... When the character I want to go away and hide, he goes away, hides, becomes visible and the cutscene repeats, forever! How do I make it stop!?

At the end of the event, turn on self switch (or whichever), make a new event page with no picture, and set the event page with no picture to turn on with the same self switch.

Zizou likes this

At the end of the event, turn on self switch (or whichever), make a new event page with no picture, and set the event page with no picture to turn on with the same self switch.

Thanks man!!! All done!

Ah yes, these are very basic questions, I suggest reading some tutorials first as well, and get familiar with the program.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.