Lunara

Ace Generator Add-on Parts(Now with Face Parts!)

79 posts in this topic

My name is Lunara, not Lunarea. I am tired of being credited inappropriately because of people’s minds automatically adding an ‘e’ in my username.

Please credit me as Lunara, without an e.

And now that I've gotten that out of the way, on to the rest of the post.

Having a built-in generator is a great feature in VX Ace, but despite the amount of graphics it lets you play with, it still feels like it's lacking. I decided to make my own parts to add, to give it a bit more variety.

I'm not very good with faces, so I don't have any face parts to match these sprites. However, I do hope these pieces will be useful to some people.

I've placed the parts in .rar files for convenience.

If you find any problems with these parts, please let me know, so that I may fix them!

If you don't know how to add files to the generator, I made a tutorial here.

Sprite Parts

Default Hair Recolours

I didn't like the default colours for the blonde, black and red hairs, so I made them a little more natural-coloured. However, the red recolour doesn't match the face hair colour.

0c21e8b2.png2d7b81e7.png

As you can see.

Because of this, I made two different rar files to download. One has the files named so that it'll replace the current files, and the other just adds on to the rest.

Replacements

Add-ons

Misc Add-ons
Here are some extras that I compiled together.

Example of what you'll find:
e467af3e.png

Female Clothes 21, 22, Rear Hair 33, Male Clothes 23 and Accessory 2_16 are all custom. Female Clothes 23, Male Clothes 21, 22, and Accessories 2_21, 2_22 are taken/edited from Ace RTP. Accessories 2_17, 2_18, 2_19, 2_20, 2_23, 2_24, 2_25, and 2_26 are from the Famitsu Generator.

Click here to download

If you don't want to download the entire .rar just for one or two pieces that you want, let me know. I can upload them separately, I just didn't see much point since there are so many parts.

RTP Clothing Bits

rtp1example_zpse756f22b.pngdressexample_zpsb52102e4.png
This is the first part of the RTP clothing set that I'm working on. It has all the clothing from Actor1. I also added in a little something extra, a custom wedding dress.

Download

rtp2example_zps90305226.png
More RTP clothing, from the Actor2 set. It also includes hats to match the outfits.
Update: I fixed one of the files in this set, so please either re-download the file, or pick up the single image here!

Download

example_zpsae40fcf2.pngexample2_zps78febade.png
This update is all about headgear! Some of the files have varying styles, like the helmets, which can be accessed through changing the colours in the generator. I also added gold hoop earrings, to match up with the hoop earrings in the face generator!

Download

Face Parts [New!]

Replacements and an Add-on [New!]
Here are some Face parts that are meant to replace RTP parts, as well an extra. There are three Accessories, new Glasses, and a Beard for males.

prvwll_zpsdab22c25.png

Download

Enjoy! ~ Edited by Lunara

Awesome stuff!

Wow, nice work, Luna. Even more evidence that you should make yourself a showcase topic! I'd do something like this myself, but I only have Paint and I haven't taken the time to figure out how to add stuff to the generator yet...

Would you maybe consider helping me out on a little project? It's about fixing some issues in the RTP, one of which is the fact that

face overlays and sprites don't match up all the time, like different animal ears on the sprite but the same overlay for the face... that sort of stuff.

More detail here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/238-rtp-enhancement/page__pid__1956#entry1956

I'd be really grateful if you could help out but you don't have to if you don't want to. It'll just be making it so each overlay has a match for both sprite and face. The OP explains it better, really.

@tpasmall: I'm glad you like it!

@AstoXx: That sounds like a great idea, actually. I'm always trying to make things match properly, and the generator's resources are pretty irritating in that regard. I'll definitely take a look.

Excellent, im really looking forward to more additions to the Sprite generator from yourself and from others, Its really proving to be a strong tool (In comparison to some of the older generators for 2k/2k3.

Nice stuff, Lunara! I'm gonna go ahead and add this to the Res. Directory.

(and pfffft man I am glad you've recoloured the blondies. The default yellow is icky. OTL)

The blondes look so much better! They definitely didn't match the faces before.

Great job, Lunara. :)

I agree, I like the blonde hair that doesn't attempt to induce vomiting upon my fragile humours. Seriously, you need to hurry up and get more stuff out, people (by that, I mean me) need these kind of things, Luna! I await your next submission with baited breath. I'm also entertaining the idea of kidnapping you so you can produce quality graphics for my projects, whilst maintaining you on a mixture of Pop Rocks and energy drinks... but that would be selfish of me. Maybe I'll just force you to make community resources, instead.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who found the blonde hair rather ... unlikable.

@AstoXx: There are other projects that I make graphics for(mainly my own ^^;), but even without kidnapping me, I promise to continue pumping out more resources. Also, I love pop rocks, but I'm not too fussy on energy drinks.

Great idea Lunara, it's something I never really noticed until you demonstrated how much better the colours could be with a little bit hue adjustment and colour matching (and whatever other magic you used) what a difference!

I'm beginning to see the potential of this character generator. With great recolours like this, I can only imagine how creative other add-on components can be made for this tool - and best of all, non-artists will have an easy way to customize their character sets without being limited to the out-of-the-box generator..

Ohhhh, dresses, pants, THINGS! I managed to nab a friend some time ago to make me extra bits for the faceset stuff, glad to see this too <3

Grat work Lunara! (Second edit: shit, i just noticed Lunara and Lunarea are two diff people. Adressing fail OTL)

Edited by Indrah

Updated the OP with RTP clothing parts. ~

That's really great! n_n it adds a lot of variety to the generator.

Its great having more generator parts. I actually have a scene in mind for the wedding dress so that's especially appreciated.

That's awesome of you to do this <3

Added some more RTP bits. Sorry about the long wait. ^^;

These are fantastic, not sure how I missed them before. The blonde is definitely better!!!

These are great! I'm wondering if you have face images that match the sprite files, though.

Unfortunately, I don't, I'm sorry. I'm only making sprite parts. ^^; But I'm glad you like them!

Edited by Lunara

Updated with more parts: headgear! I also fixed a file from the last batch I uploaded, so if you downloaded that one before, you might want to take another look at the opening post.

Sweet, new set looks great. thanks! Will you be doing more of the RTP edits? I'd particularly enjoy the evil shrouded mask thingymebob! :3

Yup! I'm hoping to make all the RTP clothing outfits available eventually.

RyanA likes this

Wonderful, thank you! You've made this cat very happy Lunara! :3