Battles!!!!!!   43 members have voted

1. 1. Battles in an RPG are important. Which would you prefer to see in Slime Quest?

• Regular front view battles (rtp stuff)
    • Active battle system similar to zelda
    • Side view battle system

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70 posts in this topic

After much consideration I have decided to remake Slime Quest so that it can be the best little game it can be. This means new artwork, new maps and a longer, more engaging storyline. It may take me a while to finish it completely, but I hope to have a playable demo ready within the next month.

slimequest_zpsfce5e2c4.png

Concept

Even Monsters need Heroes. With the numbers of Adventurers on the rise, and safe places to hide dwindling daily, what can the monsters of the world do to save themselves.

One little Slime is about to find out.

Characters

Slime

Slime_zpsdf53d2ac.png

Slime has lived his whole life in the Swamp on the other side of the Forest and he is not going to be driven out by some lousy Adventurers. The time to make a stand is now!

Flytrap

Flytrap_zps0ce8fc51.png

Flytrap is a coward, he always has been and he always will be (at least, thats what he thinks). He's spent his whole life running in fear of the Adventurers. But maybe... Maybe he's tired of running.

Swarm

Swarm_zps54689b91.png

Swarm is on a mission. They were made to protect, and protect they will, even if it means leaving their homeland far behind and meeting the enemy head on.

Imp

Imp_zps569f744b.png

Imp has spent too long in the 'tender' mercies of the humans. All it wants is to return to its family. But long years of captivity will follow it for a long time to come.

Screenshots

FairyRing_zps7ba3884e.jpg OscartheOgre_zpsfc7adb6f.jpg

Flytrapstree_zpse026902e.jpg Flytrapstree1_zps953f5430.jpg

Please ignore the Hud for now. I am not sure if I want the game to have the regular battle scenes or an active battle thing.

Demo

(As above, within the next month or so)

Acknowledgements

Fomar: Faces to Busts script

Yanfly: Message system

Edited by Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

persuasion

Thank you. That's the kind of thing I need help with. But I would appreciate a bit more than that if you've played the game.

ive been for some reason clicking random games titles and more often than not you are the proprietor. you must work very hard.... aaanyway this seems like fun maybe ill take some time off development and play it.

Slimes FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BlindMatsura

I think I just found my first downloadygamegoodnessytypething on the site.

I really like your idea for the game, sounds hilarious and enjoyable, will try it out soon :3

short and sweet. not bad either.

Wow, that's actually looks pretty fun :D

Downloading now...

lol. I enjoyed your game. but i think i broke it. all the hero coins i got i bought ATT+3 items and gave them to slime.... all 62 of them. 1 shoted the heros. but hey! I had fun!

I'm glad you had fun. Even if you did take down the heroes so quick. I did leave that option in there I suppose. But again. As long as you had fun.

....your signature mocks me in a good way.... it makes me think that if youve got 3 WIP then i need to step my ass into gear and finish the 1 WIP i got. again thank you for the inspiration and the funny little game that is slime quest

Linkzell likes this

After you get flytrap, if you talk to the group of flowers in the swamp, or at least the right flower of the four, it still says that flytrap must be hiding in it's cave.

Very nice. Good job!

Haven't finished it due to me rage quitting. Why did I rage quit?

The encounter rates are WAY too high. The battles were way too easy

(I could defeat them all in one turn), but the amount of battles...ugh.

I suggest you either decrease the encounter rate, or get rid of random

encounters all together. Oh, and some original music would've been nice too,

as the RTP got old, repetitive, and annoying VERY quickly. Especially in the forest.

I'll give you a full review once I actually finish it, though. From what I've played, it's okay.

Good Job, very original!!! Reminds me of Dragon quest monsters...

looks pretty interesting from what i played of it. but i have a few concerns with it that can be fixed with a little editing. you need to fix the conversation with the blue flowers that tell you about flytrap. if he's in you party you need to set up a conditional branch with two different conversations, one for when he's not in the party, and the other then he is. and also when storm joins the party in the forest you need to fix it where the event doesn't happen again if you decide to go back and have to walk over the spot again.

sorry not trying to step over any toes here just trying to help you make a better game. and if i find more events like that i'll let you know if you want me too.

P.S also i like the concept of a game from the monsters point of view.

Edited by wild_bill236

Thanks for the info. I made the game in literally 8 hours, if not less and finished it pretty late at night, or really early in the morning, just to get it done. I'll try to get back to fix it, though I am considering pulling it and redoing it entirely to make a longer game. The idea has potential that I'd hate to waste. Though I really should finish my other games first... sigh... need to get cracking I think.

Thanks again. It's always nice to know if anyone finds any bugs.

Thanks for the info. I made the game in literally 8 hours, if not less and finished it pretty late at night, or really early in the morning, just to get it done. I'll try to get back to fix it, though I am considering pulling it and redoing it entirely to make a longer game. The idea has potential that I'd hate to waste. Though I really should finish my other games first... sigh... need to get cracking I think.

Thanks again. It's always nice to know if anyone finds any bugs.

no problem glad to help.when you remake the game if you need any help with anything let me know. my team would help you in any way possible and also if you're looking for a team you can find our blog at suicidalgames.blogspot.com or you can find us on facebook at . http://facebook.com/SuicidalGames i loved the concept of a game in the point of view of the monsters.

I found the difficulty curve a little too steep, but this game is okay

It was fun but indeed the encounters were very high

I am happy I escaped every battle sicne the

thieves guild

Also I used all my moey for attack power on the wind attack ;>

Thanks! was a great concept game,

This actually made me realize my work sucked and now im working on a diffrent one. ty though

Nice little game you got 'ere. I think I'll play. :D