Photo

Door Accessability

RPG Maker VX ACE help doors event

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Btobin98

Btobin98

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hey guys quick question on doors.
When I enter a door it takes me from point A to point B. But in order to go back to point A I find I need to take a step forward, then back again to go from point B to point A. Is there a way to make it so when I try to leave (lets say a house) I can simply turn around and exit the door?
Thanks in advance!

This was mentioned in another thread, but when I build a door, I put the "out" event in the door itself, and then have the corresponding "in" event in the tile immediately following the door. That way, when you need to beat a hasty retreat, it's as simple as choosing the opposing direction. Voila.

Could you possibly tell me how to edit my events to achieve that result? I'd appreciate it!
I've included 2 photos one of the door you enter along with it's event, the other photo is of the doors destination along with its event (to leave).

Attached File  door.png   239.59KB   35 downloads

Attached File  door in.png   185.94KB   32 downloads

Edited by Btobin98, 21 June 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Genii Benedict

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

This was mentioned in another thread, but when I build a door, I put the "out" event in the door itself, and then have the corresponding "in" event in the tile immediately following the door. That way, when you need to beat a hasty retreat, it's as simple as choosing the opposing direction. Voila.
"Hello?! I've just shot somebody! I did it on purpose... ...I said, I have just murdered a man, and I wish to confess!!" - Benedict, The Last Action Hero

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Move the event you have inside of the house right below the exit, and set it to same as player. This way the player only needs to touch it, instead of standing on top of it, to transfer back.

There's also another way of doing this by checking if the player is still standing on the same tile, but I figure the above method will work just as well, and it doesn't take some clever eventing :)

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.

#4 Btobin98

Btobin98

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Move the event you have inside of the house right below the exit, and set it to same as player. This way the player only needs to touch it, instead of standing on top of it, to transfer back.

There's also another way of doing this by checking if the player is still standing on the same tile, but I figure the above method will work just as well, and it doesn't take some clever eventing :)

That worked, I didnt think of doing it that way, thanks! :D

#5 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

You're welcome!

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.