Photo

Make door images

Make door images door make

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Demon

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hello does anyone know if you can make custom doors from an image and use them in game?

#2 Linkzell

Linkzell

High Level n00b >_<!

• Early Adopter
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't see why you could not?! What did you have in mind?! Do you have an image already or do you need one sprited?

Linkzell

Crack House Games

Lead Developer; Writer; Director; Social Media Director

Skype Username: Linkzell

Follow us on Twitter: @CrackHouseGames

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook...CrackHouseGames

Current Project(Scan the QR Code):

#3 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Please elaborate on your problem, before I close this. Are you having issues importing a two-tiled high door? Or are you looking for drawing advice on making them yourself?

logo_dropshadow_zps9089e8b6.png
Out now!!

#4 BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Demon

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

drawing my own and importing it into the game

#5 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yes. You can. You can import it as a spriteset, with 3 columns and 4 rows, and place !$ at the front of the filename to indicate it's one set, and doesn't get an offset. Read the helpfile included with the program for more image specifications.

As for advice on drawing your own, this is not the place to ask. Please look up drawing tutorials around the internet.

Out now!!

#6 ragnawind

ragnawind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

drawing my own and importing it into the game

yes, you can easily use a custom image. You just need to make it in the proper dimensions. If it is a two tile high door, you need to add an exclamation point to start of the file, like in the RTP and match it to the size of the door in the !Door3.png file from the RTP. You have to have a picture of the door in the down, left, right, and up positions in order to animate it in the game, also.

#7 BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Demon

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Ok I was going to make a single level door that opens down the center and opens left and right

#8 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

You can make anything. Just remember you either have 3 or 4 frames to animate the whole thing. 3 frames for stepping animation, and 4 frames for down, left, right and up animation.

Out now!!

#9 BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Demon

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

ok what are the pixel sizes for each frame

#10 Zadorain

Zadorain

I know of no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Each frame can be any size you want, as long as every frame has the same dimensions and you have 4 rows x 3 columns.

#11 BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Demon

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

OK Never mind fixed it. please close this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok i have made a door but it seems really small what do i need to do.

here is the image

Posted Image

ok ive gotten this far but why is it acting like this. how do i make it select the entire door
Posted Image

Edited by BlueDemon, 25 June 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#12 BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Demon

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

please close

#13 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,248 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

DV874XU.gifnN3FkP7.gifMrDVk.gifU3Ysr.gif9XdYe9l.gifdivisionheaven.jpg PDQGW.png
"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker
Get some RPG Maker Tech Support over here!
Script Call Collection for any hidden RMVXAce Secrets!
Learn how RPG Maker VXAce calculates damage/recovery over here!
Got stuck in RMVXAce and can't find out why? Check out this thread first to see if there's a work around!

We can't just say 'no, this is wrong, I'm not touching it'. We don't have that luxury. We need to experience, experiment and talk about these themes in full, coming to understand them and learn how to use them. To do that we need to discuss them without being afraid of being labelled, or being judged. We need to break out of our regimented ideals of right and wrong to look at such things and learn how to use them ourselves and the only way to do that is to actually look at them, discuss them and pay heed to what others have to say or think about them.