Photo

change the display name color

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 GaPeLo

GaPeLo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hello, I did my best to try to find this question but could not. I want to change the color of the Display name on the maps. I don't want to use scripts so I was wondering if it is possible? If so how?

thank you in advance

#2 Yato

Yato

(aka Racheal)

• Early Adopter
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

It is not possible without a script. It is, however, very easy with a script. I know you said you didn't want to use scripts, but I'll leave this here if you change your mind.
class Window_MapName < Window_Base
  alias map_display_name_color_refresh refresh
  def refresh
	change_color(text_color(5))
	map_display_name_color_refresh
  end
end
(Insert anywhere in the materials section)

You can either use a color from the window skin, as I did here (in this case, the 6th color over), or you can pick any color by replacing text_color(5) with Color.new(red, green, blue) replacing the words with the desired number between 0 and 255.

Edited by Racheal, 25 June 2012 - 09:50 AM.

sig-HB.png HFbar.png

Spoiler

#3 Linkzell

Linkzell

High Level n00b >_<!

• Early Adopter
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

It is not possible without a script. It is, however, very easy with a script. I know you said you didn't want to use scripts, but I'll leave this here if you change your mind.

class Window_MapName < Window_Base
  alias map_display_name_color_refresh refresh
  def refresh
	change_color(text_color(5))
	map_display_name_color_refresh
  end
end
(Insert anywhere in the materials section)

You can either use a color from the window skin, as I did here (in this case, the 6th color over), or you can pick any color by replacing text_color(5) with Color.new(red, green, blue) replacing the words with the desired number between 0 and 255.

Tested and works very cleanly. I think I will use it myself! ^_^d

Linkzell

Crack House Games

Lead Developer; Writer; Director; Social Media Director

Skype Username: Linkzell

Follow us on Twitter: @CrackHouseGames

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook...CrackHouseGames

Current Project(Scan the QR Code):

#4 Nathanial B.

Nathanial B.

RPG Maker Web Staff Member

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Please note: I am not a moderator of this community. I am a contracted IT Technician/marketer by Degica. If you have questions about where to post threads please PM a moderator - I often don't have the experience in moderation to make calls on where to put a thread. I will ignore such PMs. It's not that I do not wish to help you, it's just I'm usually too busy and there's individual moderators that have better experience that can help you better.