Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GaPeLo

change the display name color

Question

Hello, I did my best to try to find this question but could not. I want to change the color of the Display name on the maps. I don't want to use scripts so I was wondering if it is possible? If so how?

thank you in advance

3 answers to this question

It is not possible without a script. It is, however, very easy with a script. I know you said you didn't want to use scripts, but I'll leave this here if you change your mind.

class Window_MapName < Window_Base
alias map_display_name_color_refresh refresh
def refresh
change_color(text_color(5))
map_display_name_color_refresh
end
end

(Insert anywhere in the materials section)

You can either use a color from the window skin, as I did here (in this case, the 6th color over), or you can pick any color by replacing text_color(5) with Color.new(red, green, blue) replacing the words with the desired number between 0 and 255.

Edited by Racheal
Linkzell and GaPeLo like this

It is not possible without a script. It is, however, very easy with a script. I know you said you didn't want to use scripts, but I'll leave this here if you change your mind.

class Window_MapName < Window_Base
alias map_display_name_color_refresh refresh
def refresh
change_color(text_color(5))
map_display_name_color_refresh
end
end

(Insert anywhere in the materials section)

You can either use a color from the window skin, as I did here (in this case, the 6th color over), or you can pick any color by replacing text_color(5) with Color.new(red, green, blue) replacing the words with the desired number between 0 and 255.

Tested and works very cleanly. I think I will use it myself! ^_^d

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.