Photo

change the display name color

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 GaPeLo

GaPeLo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hello, I did my best to try to find this question but could not. I want to change the color of the Display name on the maps. I don't want to use scripts so I was wondering if it is possible? If so how?

thank you in advance

#2 Yato

Yato

(aka Racheal)

• Early Adopter
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

It is not possible without a script. It is, however, very easy with a script. I know you said you didn't want to use scripts, but I'll leave this here if you change your mind.
class Window_MapName < Window_Base
  alias map_display_name_color_refresh refresh
  def refresh
	change_color(text_color(5))
	map_display_name_color_refresh
  end
end
(Insert anywhere in the materials section)

You can either use a color from the window skin, as I did here (in this case, the 6th color over), or you can pick any color by replacing text_color(5) with Color.new(red, green, blue) replacing the words with the desired number between 0 and 255.

Edited by Racheal, 25 June 2012 - 09:50 AM.

sig-HB.png HFbar.png

Spoiler

#3 Linkzell

Linkzell

High Level n00b >_<!

• Early Adopter
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

It is not possible without a script. It is, however, very easy with a script. I know you said you didn't want to use scripts, but I'll leave this here if you change your mind.

class Window_MapName < Window_Base
  alias map_display_name_color_refresh refresh
  def refresh
	change_color(text_color(5))
	map_display_name_color_refresh
  end
end
(Insert anywhere in the materials section)

You can either use a color from the window skin, as I did here (in this case, the 6th color over), or you can pick any color by replacing text_color(5) with Color.new(red, green, blue) replacing the words with the desired number between 0 and 255.

Tested and works very cleanly. I think I will use it myself! ^_^d

Linkzell

Crack House Games

Lead Developer; Writer; Director; Social Media Director

Skype Username: Linkzell

Follow us on Twitter: @CrackHouseGames

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook...CrackHouseGames

Current Project(Scan the QR Code):

#4 Nathanial B.

Nathanial B.

RPG Maker Web Staff Member

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.
I met a traveller from an antique land Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert.
Near them on the sand, Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command Tell that its sculptor well those passions read Which yet survive,
stamped on these lifeless things, The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, The lone and level sands stretch far away.