Photo

How to show the waterfall spray? plz help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hello i have created a waterfall but i want a spray at the end of the waterfall like its in this picture
http://www.rpgmakerv...showtopic=41210

when it strikes the ground so can any one tell me how to place that spray. Please tell me how to place some rocks between the waterfall and also how draw the sand on the ends of water which is on the ground like its in the link posted above. (if its looking fine without the sand then tell me )
Here, i'll post my pics and please tell me ur opinions also about how its looking :)
Attached File  waterfall.png   420.37KB   53 downloads

#2 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

i've found a spray tile set here,
http://www.rpgmakerv...showtopic=40228

but unfortunately when i try to place it its in the wrong direction and showing the editor's background ( blue black checkered squares) i tried to place it in both A1 and A2 but the same problem continues.

Edited by gamers694, 26 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#3 Espon

Espon

Lazy Creator

• Members
  • 962 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

There's a sprite called !Other2. Set it as an event with Stepping Animation enabled at the bottom of the waterfall. A similar event should be put at the top (the second sprite).

There needs to be an animated rock tile if you want to place one in it (that tileset you're using doesn't look like it has one). Either that or use an event like with the splashing water (I don't think one exists in the RTP).

You might have to play around with the different types of grass and water tiles in your tileset to make it look better with sand. I haven't used that custom tileset before but I'm putting a guess that the water should be the first one in the second row.

i've found a spray tile set here,
http://www.rpgmakerv...showtopic=40228

but unfortunately when i try to place it its in the wrong direction and showing the editor's background ( blue black checkered squares) i tried to place it in both A1 and A2 but the same problem continues.

If it's showing the editor background then it's likely you didn't set the transparency. If the file is already a PNG then I would import it by simply sticking it in your game's data folder. Otherwise you'll have to choose a transparency when using the import manager (which doesn't work too well with partial transparencies). Make sure you're using them as sprites and not tiles.

Edited by Espon, 26 June 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Finished:
prbanner.png
twos-banner.png
Dead:
mv-banner.png

#4 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

There's a sprite called !Other2. Set it as an event with Stepping Animation enabled at the bottom of the waterfall. A similar event should be put at the top (the second sprite).

There needs to be an animated rock tile if you want to place one in it (that tileset you're using doesn't look like it has one). Either that or use an event like with the splashing water (I don't think one exists in the RTP).

You might have to play around with the different types of grass and water tiles in your tileset to make it look better with sand. I haven't used that custom tileset before but I'm putting a guess that the water should be the first one in the second row.

If it's showing the editor background then it's likely you didn't set the transparency. If the file is already a PNG then I would import it by simply sticking it in your game's data folder. Otherwise you'll have to choose a transparency when using the import manager (which doesn't work too well with partial transparencies). Make sure you're using them as sprites and not tiles.

All right i found the sprite, i'll try adding it and then post some pics and btw where can i get that animated rock tile i looked everywhere but i couldn't find it

#5 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yesss i did the spray thing it looks fine now thanx for the help. But i still want the sand and rock. Here is the waterfall
Attached File  waterall with spray.png   214.59KB   35 downloads

EDIT :- please tell me a tile which merges the river water to sea. Here's the pic
Posted Image

sorry for editing again and again but does this look fine???
Posted Image

In this case i don't need a merging tile but if u could find one i'd appreciate that.

Still, im looking for the rock Posted Image Plz help m find one.

Edited by gamers694, 26 June 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#6 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,651 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

gamers694, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you're looking for adjustments to the tileset, please request it in the resource requests.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.

#7 Cryranos

Cryranos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Using shift+click will copy the tile and place the copied tile from any autotile. It might be a bit ugly when going from river to ocean, but that's the best you'll get if you don't have an estuary autotile.
I'm a strong independent black woman who don't need no man.

#8 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

[dpost]gamers694[/dpost]

If you're looking for adjustments to the tileset, please request it in the resource requests.

Sorry for the double post. I'll try it in the resource request. thanx

@cryranos
Yes i tried that but it looks way too odd. I have a tile but i want its green border removed so i have posted in the resource request as celianna told me.

Edited by gamers694, 27 June 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#9 light487

light487

Parrot Keeper

• Member+
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

This seems the appropriate thread to ask my simple little question.

I followed the tutorial on the main website to create the Mountain Village and one of the steps is adding the waterfall splash animation.. the only problem is that the animation seems to be at the top of the tile rather than the bottom of the tile, or vice versa..

0BymmJy.jpg

So as you can see.. in the editing window the animation looks like it will appear at the bottom of the tile but then when you enter the game, it is actually animating at the top of the tile.. is there a way to rotate the tile in some way? That tutorial didn't mention anything about this issue.. I moved the tiles down one square to compensate but I'd like to know how to rotate the texture on the tile if possible?

My Current Project:

Tales of Medea (Prologue)

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5104/

8nRo1So.png

#10 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,651 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

light487, no, it's completely inappropriate. You do not hijack or necro-post another person's thread. If you have a question, create your own support thread.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.