~16/3: Posted on RPG Maker Web forum
The game takes place in an imagined and made-up world, so there aren't any relations with our real world. Except that the names in the game are mostly based on real names, ranging from Japanese to Latin.
The world of Esteria Chronicles: The Lost Arc is named Tieris Illia. It is divided into three main continents which consist of Zeria, Iris and Arcane - which are ruled and governed by the respectively named Kingdoms.
- Zeria Continent: Located on the south-eastern side of the world, shaped like a half-moon. This is the smallest continent of the three continents of Tieris Illia.
- Iris Continent: The second biggest continent of Tieris Illia. Located in the north-eastern part. It is shaped like an ellipse. Iris is surrounded by numberless uninhabited islands, which are covered in a blanket of mystery. Most of the time it is very cold and snowy on the continent. One third of the continent is populated by mountains. Iris is known as the holy sanctuary of magicians, as it is the original birthplace of Magic.
- Arcane Continent: The biggest continent of the three. It ranges from the south-west to the north-west of Tieris Illia. With ideal weather conditions and above standard living, this is the heavenly destination for traders and people from the other two continents. In terms of politics and military, Arcane is the well-respected, leading kingdom with advanced technology research.
1000 years ago, humans were still being protected by the power of the Eir against all kinds of calamities and illnesses. Until one day, a strange looking and mysterious shaped crystalle fell off from the sky, bringing with it a phenomenal power that could instantly send humanity into an endless zone of chaos. Whoever gained access to the power within the crystalle would rule not only Tieris Illia but the entire universe. Sensing this potential danger, the Eir decided to gather up their holy power to destroy the crystalle. But unfortunately, despite how hard the Eir tried, the crystalle could not be penetrated. Left with no other choice, because if the crystalle ever were to be in the hand of human greed, it would be destruction of all existence. The Eir gave up and gathered almost all of their power to create a seal that would probably hide the crystalle deeply within the ocean that never ever, anyone could find and take advantage of it. However, without the power they had once possessed, they stopped providing shelter and help to Human.
Human, no longer with the assistance of the Eir, from then on continuously faced many hardships of the true nature that they had never once had to go through before. After so much praying for the help of the Eir, which of course would never respond, human started to lose their beliefs in the Gods. They started to learn how to rely on each other to survive, to stand up on their own two feets.
Our story begins with Yuri, an ordinary Yolinian hunter, who becomes tangled in a daring and most twisted adventure after witnessing a summoner being chased by two hooded men.
Profile: Used to be a mercenary/bounty hunter, he is a very skilled swordsman with decent sword techniques. Got seriously wounded after a failed job that anyone would think he'd be dead, he managed to survive - the townsfolk of the small, peaceful town of Yolina found him unconscious on a shore and brought him back to recover. Touched by their warm hearts, even towards strangers like him, Yuri decided to stay at Yolina, become a normal country guy and help the townfolks with their everyday life. Yes that was what he has been, until one day ...
Profile: A mysterious girl coming from the legendary town of ancient Magic on Iris continent. She has to carry with her such a responsibility: to save Tieris Illia from the verge of destruction, with the lights from the Eir, as if everything is on her own shoulders.
Weapon: Sword/Large Sword/Blade
Profile: An orphan girl living in Yolina who 12 years ago was found by the village's elder, in a fruit basket, on his house's doorstep, without even a letter from her mother. And, Yuri is always very kind to her - taking care of her well, teaching her how to use weapons to defend herself - so Nyan considers Yuri as her only beloved brother (future husband too??). She trusts Yuri completely, and it is the reason why when Yuri is deported from the village after the unfortunate incident, she decides to leave Yolina, leave the townsfolk, to follow him, without even one bit of hesitation. Really loves cats and cute things, she was named Nyan, and her name very frequently creates misunderstanding.
Profile: A servant fairy whose destined mission is to follow and protect Myra on her adventure, though Eruri is at the moment nearly completely harmless, unlike what she used to be years ago, when she was still a fierce and powerful witch coming from Iris continent. Yet, she still has to do it in order to payback for sins she had done in the past. Despite her age, Eruri is a fierce, foul-mouthed fairy, she tends to act bad in front of almost everyone though what she says may not represent her true feelings. Eruri only opens her true feelings to Myra.
Note: Eruri is not a playable character, but she follows the party almost all the time and also appears as an assistance in many situations.
(to be updated...)
- Characters learn skills from equipments and by equipping those equipments through battles
- Stats-distribution for every single character when they level up, along with quite a lot of options for party selection, battles are strategically-maximized.
- Monsters data collection - Bestiery
- Synthesizing system for creating items, weapons and equipments from raw materials collected throughout the game.
- Skit System which provides the players 150+ skits, which are conversations between the characters. Also sometimes it may provide hints.
Yes, the part I believe y'all will definitely peek at first, haha well I do too :)
- NOT AVAILABLE -
The lists are rather long so I put them in spoilers. I in no way mean that this section is any less important than others.
Please support my project by putting this userbar in your signature if you're interested, it means very much to me :) Thank you, I really appreciate it :)
These are things you need to know:
- The game will be compressed using winRAR so you'll need winRAR to extract it. If you don't have winRAR, you can download it here.
- I'm not an English native speaker, thus there are bound to be grammatical/spelling mistakes.
- Please, give me feedback as honestly, strictly and constructively as possible. I need your help and I appreciate every single feedback.
- There may be changes in this section.
Edited by EvilEagles, 04 May 2012 - 02:15 PM.