Photo

Full screen.. graphics problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi guys.... so i was testing the game in full screen... and i noticed that the whole picture was stretched..... and therefore quality was reduced.....

Is there anyway i get the same small 640x480 screen while in full screen..... and the quality remains the same..... because i was trying to make a video and in fullscreen graphics are bad

EDIT:; my monitor resolution is 1024x768

Edited by gamers694, 06 August 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#2 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,783 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Put this and press f5.

Spoiler

"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

vTfvO9c.png divisionheaven.jpgFK6sdj2.png9z3sTnf.png 9XdYe9l.gifMrDVk.gifnN3FkP7.gifDV874XU.gif

Script Call Collection for any hidden RMVXAce Secrets!
Learn how RPG Maker VXAce calculates damage/recovery over here!
Got stuck in RMVXAce and can't find out why? Check out this thread first to see if there's a work around!

We can't just say 'no, this is wrong, I'm not touching it'. We don't have that luxury. We need to experience, experiment and talk about these themes in full, coming to understand them and learn how to use them. To do that we need to discuss them without being afraid of being labelled, or being judged. We need to break out of our regimented ideals of right and wrong to look at such things and learn how to use them ourselves and the only way to do that is to actually look at them, discuss them and pay heed to what others have to say or think about them.

#3 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi... so i used... it... did increase a little quality... but what i actually wanted was that the screen size remain same and it'd go full screen ( meaning, except the screen excess part becomes black )

#4 Pegasus

Pegasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

you need to modify the settings from your monitor to be able to play correctly, not in rpgmaker.

#5 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

So what settings should i modify actually???

Edited by gamers694, 06 August 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#6 Pegasus

Pegasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

i don't remember which setting it was on my monitor because it was a long time which I set it. but try to make a search on google or try to play with the settings to see.

#7 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,783 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

you need to modify the settings from your monitor to be able to play correctly, not in rpgmaker.

This is what this thing does, since I saw that topic you're talking about :X
And someone made a script for it so it'll be automatic.

wait, so what you wanted is automatic full screen or what? O_o

Oh wait, I think I know what you mean. Gotta test something.
The RPG Maker VX full screen type where it's the same resolution but fills the excess screen black.
"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

vTfvO9c.png divisionheaven.jpgFK6sdj2.png9z3sTnf.png 9XdYe9l.gifMrDVk.gifnN3FkP7.gifDV874XU.gif

Script Call Collection for any hidden RMVXAce Secrets!
Learn how RPG Maker VXAce calculates damage/recovery over here!
Got stuck in RMVXAce and can't find out why? Check out this thread first to see if there's a work around!

We can't just say 'no, this is wrong, I'm not touching it'. We don't have that luxury. We need to experience, experiment and talk about these themes in full, coming to understand them and learn how to use them. To do that we need to discuss them without being afraid of being labelled, or being judged. We need to break out of our regimented ideals of right and wrong to look at such things and learn how to use them ourselves and the only way to do that is to actually look at them, discuss them and pay heed to what others have to say or think about them.

#8 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I just want the screen size to remain same and all the side and up and down parts to turn black making it look like full screen

#9 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Tsundere

• Early Adopter
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

As in letterboxed fullscreen. While you can change that in your graphics card's settings utility (look for "display scaling"), you shouldn't need to for video recording, since full-screen mode changes your monitor resolution to 640x480, which is VX Ace's native resolution. Any quality problems are likely with the monitor or codec and not the game screen itself.

#10 mlogan

mlogan

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 1,394 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

On my computer, I right-click on the destop, go to Graphic Properties, Panel Fit, and click Maintain Aspect Ratio. It solves the stretched, squashed-sprite look for me.

s5fgad.png

aiOAsFG.png

aOnLlVz.png

spwyur.png

#11 gamers694

gamers694

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sorry for the late reply.....
So im using hd 7850.... and i don't see an option " maintain aspect ratio" in catalyst control center "

#12 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,724 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

You should probably take this problem to the forums of your graphic driver. No one here can tell you how to work your own monitor, so please either google or go to their forum instead.

Closed. This is not a VX Ace support question anymore.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.