Photo

Advanced Climate

VMoDT

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: Features:

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What else do you want to see?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Advanced Climate v1.0
By V.M. of D.T.

Introduction
The Advanced version of the Climate script. The Basic version still is however and can be found here.

This version features multiple climates, as well as previous features found within Basic Climate System. Due to some of the upgrades made to the Climate system to include multiple climates this one is set up differently. As it currently stands not all planned features are implemented but will be done eventually.

Features
- Random weather in multiple climates!

Screenshots
None at the moment

How to Use
Plug and play and customize as needed, details within the script.

Script
Click here for the handy dandy pastebin!

FAQ
None yet.

Credit and Thanks
- By V.M. of D.T.
- Free to use in any non commercial or commercial project.

Author's Notes
This script is not fully complete, there are more features I plan to add

History
V1.0 - Posted

Want a feature that you don't see here put in? Feel free to comment and I'll see what I can do!

Edited by Vlue, 23 September 2013 - 08:56 AM.

• YakuZa360, Lamsah and Fallun like this
#---# PIGS MUST BE FLYING BECUASE THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED, LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCRIPTS!! #---#

Oooh, this parts bold and underlined! Must be important. It is! Honest. Almost there... Regarding use of my scripts in your project, as of now (whenever this is) any and all of my scripts are free for use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given, etc, etc. Though I dont' scoff at a donation.

Ooh, what's under this one? Could it be a link to somewhere? Important information? Who knows! Only one way to find out... *nudge nudge*
Spoiler

Do you have a completed project that utilizes one or more of my scripts? If so, I want to know! Please send me a pm or email with details, I'd love to try it~ :3
Think any of my scripts need a demo to help understand? Let me know that too! I can whip something up.

Check out my RGSS3 Scripts (A whopping 48 of them!) :
Spoiler

#---#

#2 Shablo5

Shablo5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Do you use the default rain/storm in this one Vlue? Or have you made your own effects for rain/storm/thunder/etc.?

Posted Image

#3 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Default for now, just wanted to put this out while I had it working.
#---# PIGS MUST BE FLYING BECUASE THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED, LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCRIPTS!! #---#

Oooh, this parts bold and underlined! Must be important. It is! Honest. Almost there... Regarding use of my scripts in your project, as of now (whenever this is) any and all of my scripts are free for use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given, etc, etc. Though I dont' scoff at a donation.

Ooh, what's under this one? Could it be a link to somewhere? Important information? Who knows! Only one way to find out... *nudge nudge*
Spoiler

Do you have a completed project that utilizes one or more of my scripts? If so, I want to know! Please send me a pm or email with details, I'd love to try it~ :3
Think any of my scripts need a demo to help understand? Let me know that too! I can whip something up.

Spoiler

#---#

#4 Shablo5

Shablo5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

I wish I could vote two. I voted custom weather script, but i'd also like to see stuff like cloud cover and the like. Although, Seasons may be cool, i'd have to see it implimented.

Posted Image

#5 BigEd781

BigEd781

undefined method 'stupid_title' found for nil:NilClass

• Admin
  • 942 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Primarily UsesOther
  • First LanguageDothraki

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Your adfly link has been removed, please refrain from using them here. Thanks.
- Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb.

While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to.

profile for Ed S. on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

#6 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

[mod]Your adfly link has been removed, please refrain from using them here. Thanks.[/mod]

Can't argue, I'll take care of the ones on my other topics as well. However, out of curiosity, could you let me know why that is the case?
  • SolarGale and MISTER BIG T like this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#7 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageIndonesian

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hey vlue...
does it take effect on Battle?
When the maps rain...
The Battlefield raining too...

Sorry, For My bad english

Member of

ryugas10.png

My Project (take this userbar if you want to support me :D )

userba10.png

#8 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yah, it's built in not to weather during battle, I'll look into that.

Edited by Vlue, 19 August 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#9 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hey vlue...
does it take effect on Battle?
When the maps rain...
The Battlefield raining too...

Sorry, For My bad english

There's a new version on the pastebin with support for that, just grab the new version (It's set to weather in battle by default.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#10 hyde9318

hyde9318

Go to sleep....

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

Another question. Could it be set up to be compatible with your time script? Example.

1. You just set it up to where it will rain in battle. Can it also be set up to tint the battle screen depending on the time?

2. In real life, it sometimes gets a bit darker out during storms because of cloud cover. Could it be set up to where a few minutes/second it will get slightly darker (no where near as much as turning into night, but enough to know what is happening) before a storm hits. Then, once the storm passes, a few minutes/second later, it goes back to the normal tint.

Sorry Vlue if that isnt clear enough. I am bad at describing things. Let me know if you want details.

Click a button below to visit each link!
bDsyVtF.png6gxXsGZ.pngoKXD8jP.pngXd3SeYN.pngr2PMckB.pngpyCqUjU.pngyNspyrJ.png

#11 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Another question. Could it be set up to be compatible with your time script? Example.

1. You just set it up to where it will rain in battle. Can it also be set up to tint the battle screen depending on the time?

2. In real life, it sometimes gets a bit darker out during storms because of cloud cover. Could it be set up to where a few minutes/second it will get slightly darker (no where near as much as turning into night, but enough to know what is happening) before a storm hits. Then, once the storm passes, a few minutes/second later, it goes back to the normal tint.

Sorry Vlue if that isnt clear enough. I am bad at describing things. Let me know if you want details.

1. GameTime has a battle tint option.

2. Yah, I do remember mulling that over, so I must've read this and forgot to respond! That'll come in when I do the various random weather bits portion.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#12 hyde9318

hyde9318

Go to sleep....

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Alright, cool. Thanks for the response.

#13 Mooshrago12

Mooshrago12

Brining the 2d rerevlolution.

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Locationcloud9
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageLokota

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Pretty cool I already answered the poll but I what about having a option that can link to your advanced time script that lets you decides if its a certain month(s) it plays certain seasons.
  • Vlue likes this
YA-
Posted ImagePosted ImageSquirrel!!!

We support these these thingy mabobers?
Spoiler

#14 Internetakias

Internetakias

RPG Maker VX Ace Noob :P

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationP-1 Grand Prix
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageGreek

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

How about determining the climate by the month set by your game time script?
Posted Image

#15 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

How about determining the climate by the month set by your game time script?

Pretty cool I already answered the poll but I what about having a option that can link to your advanced time script that lets you decides if its a certain month(s) it plays certain seasons.

Both good ideas!

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#16 hyde9318

hyde9318

Go to sleep....

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

you should just mash the two scripts together, call it Vlue's Environment, and let the people pick what features and how they want to use it. Lol.
Then, you only have to update one script.

#17 Solarphantom

Solarphantom

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

i keep getting this error when i try to use this script

Script line 167: NoMethodError occured

undefined method `size' for nil:NilClass

i bet its obvious to, but i suck at this figuring out stuff :/

Rolling time!

('-')  ([: )  (.-.)  ( :])  ('-')

#18 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

That would occur if AC_WEATHERS is empty, or if AC_CLIMATES is set to a number higher then the number of climates defined in AC_WEATHERS.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#19 Solarphantom

Solarphantom

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

i knew it! somthing simple again!

thank you!

-_- some day these simple errors wont get me

• Vlue likes this

Rolling time!

#20 Solarphantom

Solarphantom

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

well, i tryed repasting the unedited code... and it still gives me the error...

im one unlucky sucker

Rolling time!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VMoDT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users