Vlue

Advanced Climate

Features:   6 members have voted

1. 1. What else do you want to see?

• Compatibility with Custom Weather scripts
    • Seasons
    • Various Random Weather Bits(Cloud cover, humidity, wind speed, temperature)
    • Make my own Custom Weather script for this

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

Advanced Climate v1.0
By V.M. of D.T.

Introduction
The Advanced version of the Climate script. The Basic version still is however and can be found here.

This version features multiple climates, as well as previous features found within Basic Climate System. Due to some of the upgrades made to the Climate system to include multiple climates this one is set up differently. As it currently stands not all planned features are implemented but will be done eventually.

Features
- Random weather in multiple climates!

Screenshots
None at the moment

How to Use
Plug and play and customize as needed, details within the script.

Script
Click here for the handy dandy pastebin!

FAQ
None yet.

Credit and Thanks
- By V.M. of D.T.
- Free to use in any non commercial or commercial project.

Author's Notes
This script is not fully complete, there are more features I plan to add

History
V1.0 - Posted

Want a feature that you don't see here put in? Feel free to comment and I'll see what I can do! Edited by Vlue
Lamsah, Fallun and YakuZa360 like this

Do you use the default rain/storm in this one Vlue? Or have you made your own effects for rain/storm/thunder/etc.?

Default for now, just wanted to put this out while I had it working.

I wish I could vote two. I voted custom weather script, but i'd also like to see stuff like cloud cover and the like. Although, Seasons may be cool, i'd have to see it implimented.

Your adfly link has been removed, please refrain from using them here. Thanks.

Your adfly link has been removed, please refrain from using them here. Thanks.

Can't argue, I'll take care of the ones on my other topics as well. However, out of curiosity, could you let me know why that is the case?

Fallun, SolarGale and Tuomo L like this

Hey vlue...

does it take effect on Battle?

When the maps rain...

The Battlefield raining too...

Sorry, For My bad english

Yah, it's built in not to weather during battle, I'll look into that.

Edited by Vlue

Hey vlue...

does it take effect on Battle?

When the maps rain...

The Battlefield raining too...

Sorry, For My bad english

There's a new version on the pastebin with support for that, just grab the new version (It's set to weather in battle by default.)

Another question. Could it be set up to be compatible with your time script? Example.

1. You just set it up to where it will rain in battle. Can it also be set up to tint the battle screen depending on the time?

2. In real life, it sometimes gets a bit darker out during storms because of cloud cover. Could it be set up to where a few minutes/second it will get slightly darker (no where near as much as turning into night, but enough to know what is happening) before a storm hits. Then, once the storm passes, a few minutes/second later, it goes back to the normal tint.

Sorry Vlue if that isnt clear enough. I am bad at describing things. Let me know if you want details.

Another question. Could it be set up to be compatible with your time script? Example.

1. You just set it up to where it will rain in battle. Can it also be set up to tint the battle screen depending on the time?

2. In real life, it sometimes gets a bit darker out during storms because of cloud cover. Could it be set up to where a few minutes/second it will get slightly darker (no where near as much as turning into night, but enough to know what is happening) before a storm hits. Then, once the storm passes, a few minutes/second later, it goes back to the normal tint.

Sorry Vlue if that isnt clear enough. I am bad at describing things. Let me know if you want details.

1. GameTime has a battle tint option.

2. Yah, I do remember mulling that over, so I must've read this and forgot to respond! That'll come in when I do the various random weather bits portion.

Alright, cool. Thanks for the response.

Pretty cool I already answered the poll but I what about having a option that can link to your advanced time script that lets you decides if its a certain month(s) it plays certain seasons.

Vlue likes this

How about determining the climate by the month set by your game time script?

How about determining the climate by the month set by your game time script?

Pretty cool I already answered the poll but I what about having a option that can link to your advanced time script that lets you decides if its a certain month(s) it plays certain seasons.

Both good ideas!

you should just mash the two scripts together, call it Vlue's Environment, and let the people pick what features and how they want to use it. Lol.

Then, you only have to update one script.

i keep getting this error when i try to use this script

Script line 167: NoMethodError occured

undefined method `size' for nil:NilClass

i bet its obvious to, but i suck at this figuring out stuff :/

That would occur if AC_WEATHERS is empty, or if AC_CLIMATES is set to a number higher then the number of climates defined in AC_WEATHERS.

i knew it! somthing simple again!

thank you!

-_- some day these simple errors wont get me

Vlue likes this

well, i tryed repasting the unedited code... and it still gives me the error...

im one unlucky sucker

Twas an error on my part, grab it from the pastebin again and it should work out.

BEST WEATHER SCRIPT EVER!

no joke,

and i just needed to realize that it needed 0 and 1, not 1 and 2?

... soon ill conqure you ruby scripting language >.<

Vlue likes this

Hi again Vlue,

Now i am trying this script, and i must say it's very handy as your other scripts.

As i am using Khas light script, i noticed two things:

1) If i set AC_NODIMNESS = false, the screen is darkened when a rain occurs, but the lights from Khas script doesn't appear. I am not sure if the dark level is snough for them to appear, but maybe there's a different tinting system here?

2) If i set the AC_BATTLE_WEATHER = true, there's a one second delay for the screen to get darkened if there's a rain going one. I am using Symphony battle system here.

If those details have a meaning, i hope they might help you and your script!!

1. It's a different tint. VX Ace actually darkens the screen itself when rain or storm (maybe snow, can't remember) is called.

2. Unfortunate side effect of the tint VX Ace uses for weathers, the timing sucks!

About the item 2, i knew it was something related to the default system of ACE. Anyway, i am glad to hear a response from you, and those things are not impeditive to my project at all.