Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crispy

RPG Maker VX Ace - Ship Tileset?

16 posts in this topic

Not a request. A question:

I've been using the RPG Maker series here in Japan ever since RPG Maker 2000 (have bought 2000, 2003 and XP (actually bought XP twice)). Each of them had a ship tileset.

I'm currently looking at investing in Ace, but it seems there's no Ship Tileset. Is this correct, or am I just not looking in the right place?

You are correct. After XP, ship tilesets were dropped. Why, I'm not really sure. I mean, VX was understandable because of the tileset limitations, but not sure why they weren't brought back in Ace, unless they were just overlooked.

There are current XP-to-VX conversions of the XP ship tileset that were done previously by graphikal that will also work in VX-Ace, but unless you own XP you can't legally use them, and the others that were made weren't quite as good, nor do I know if they can be used commercially.

I recall seeing a Parallax set somewhere with Ship-Tiles. I think it was made by one of the staff here.

Good find!

Just a quick note to any new users:

These are VX edits. You can not, as per the EULA, use resources from an Engine that you do not own. So keep that in mind.

Edited by Levi

rich maker at FSM made this ship set you may like - you have to download the set:

http://www.tekepon.n...id=2548&forum=1

@Levi - many of the resources we use are edits of Enterbrain's stuff in a general way. Celianna's and Lunarea's gorgeous stuff each have edits of XP and VX and I am not sure that EB is worrying over a bit of woodgrain or a lampshade here and there. Plus VX and Ace and XP have many cross-over pieces.

/me shrugs

I'm no expert; just my thoughts.

Edited by deb

@Deb

Regardless, it's part of the EULA... and people have moral codes that they follow of their own accord.

Really, nobody here can prove that I don't own XP. And like you said, it's likely that nobody cares... but I care.

Edited by Levi

Since Ace contains a large part of the VX RTP, quite a bit of the VX RTP edits can also be used in Ace. You can always check with the artist(s) just to be sure, however. :)

Really, nobody here can prove that I don't own XP.

Oh, now I wouldn't say nobody... ;)

Oh, now I wouldn't say nobody... ;)

I can't even prove it :ph34r:

Since Ace contains a large part of the VX RTP, quite a bit of the VX RTP edits can also be used in Ace. You can always check with the artist(s) just to be sure, however. :)

- True. I was talking about the Ship.

I'm just clarifying your point about not being able to use resources if you don't own the Maker. There's a resource overlap between VX and Ace. So, you can use quite a few of the RMVX resources in Ace without having to own VX. :)

Levi and Acetonide like this

That explains why the VX and VX Ace resource forum is one place. :unsure: Silly me.

Thanks for your feedback. That answers me question. I suppose if I went to VX-a I could always make a ship of my own that suited exactly what I wanted to do. I really liked the ship tiles in RPGM2000 and 2003. I got a LOT of use out of them.

Moving this to resource requests.

I'm actually working on a ship tileset for Ace, which will be released for Member+, not yet done though :)

Well, you just sold me on member+, thanks a lot, I don't have the money right now, but that's going to be impossible to resist!