Photo

Mog's animated title screen

rmvxace mog animated title

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hororo

Hororo

Home run King

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

i would like to ask something regarding with mog's animated screen XD

in his version of ace the title screen does flips backgrounds of the title screen in every sec/min depends on what you want

i want in my case to remove the feature of flipping backgrounds instead it will just stay with the same background (meaning only one background, i tried placing only one image but it would turn into black)

here's mog animated title script:
http://atelier-rgss....ACE_Menu09.html

i hope you can help me :P

bball_zpsdbaf041f.png

#2 Monthigos

Monthigos

Tata

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

You need to edit an array inside of the script. Look for this code:

RANDOM_PICTURES = [
"Title0", "Title1", "Title2", "Title3"
#"Title4","Title5","Title6","Title7"
]

Basically that's telling the script to cycle through all the different images. Change it to something like this:

RANDOM_PICTURES = [ "Title0" ]

Now there's only one picture in the array.

Edited by Monthigos, 19 August 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Hororo

Hororo

Home run King

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

i tried that but still no luck, only black screen appears

bball_zpsdbaf041f.png

#4 Monthigos

Monthigos

Tata

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

What resolution is your game set at? Were you able to get the script working from the get-go? I just modified the script from Mog's master demo with the change I suggested and it worked. I have this script on my game, but I have an older version and I just barely now started looking at the new version. I did have to change some of the dimension on the older script because it was hardcoded to run on Ace's original resolution.

Posted Image

#5 Hororo

Hororo

Home run King

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

im using mog's old version (the new version requires too many graphics) luckily i have one which i downloaded earlier. i did make the title screen work from the get-go. resolution would be the standard 544x416.

first i change this:

from: RANDOM_PICTURES = ["Title0", "Title1", "Title2"] -> RANDOM_PICTURES = ["Title0"]

changing that part causes the title screen to be black, meaning the picture/background of "Title0" can't be seen. the commands/fireflies etc. can be seen though also the logo

next from:
RAMDOM_SELECTION = true -> RAMDOM_SELECTION = false

this triggers whether there will be random selection of the photos above. i tried alternating with diff combinations for eg. random selection = true with title0 as only graphic and the other way around

the only problem here is the title background can't be seen, literally pitch black (although it can be seen when there are "title0", "tilte1" and so on it requires 2 or more to be seen even if i turned on or off the random selection)

although when i placed ["Title0", "Title0"] even if the random selection is set to false it automatically fades though the background can be seen

Edited by furrari fullbuster, 20 August 2012 - 07:45 AM.

bball_zpsdbaf041f.png