Photo

Custom Title Screen?

Custom Title Screen PRG Maker Vx

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sephiloud

Sephiloud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

So, I know how to edit the picture/music of the title screem, but I'm wondering - is there anyway to change the actual menu of it?
The only thing I've been able to do is change the window color, but thats not what I mean...
I mean something like this -Attached File  Untitled.png   64.43KB   131 downloads

(Sorry the picture is so small...but that stuff on the right is the "New Game" "Continue" ETC)

Edited by Sephiloud, 30 August 2012 - 10:23 AM.

I'm new to these forums...so just let me know if I've done anything wrong, alright?

#2 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

There's a number of scripts that lets you change the titlescreen, just search for them in our completed script forum. Or try rpgmakervx.net instead since it has an older library of scripts.

logo_dropshadow_zps9089e8b6.png
Out now!!

#3 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• ReStaff++
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

is there anyway to change the actual menu of it?

What do you mean actual menu? This Custom Menu Screen is for XP, called the Advanced Title Screen. :) You can change the menu names and command window placement, that's for sure. (See Scene_Title).

For the link of my scripts, please click the banner below. If you support me, it would be awesome to see that my banner is used as a supporting signature on your account.

script_banner.jpg?w=200&h=200 honesty_forum.jpg?w=620

#4 ShinGamix

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I use a modified version of HK's Animated Title Screen Script to accomplish this.
I don't believe there is any way o just change the menu text without a script or you would have to use the default text and menu fort otherwise.

The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

sg_bar10.png

userlo10.png                          suppor10.pngreques11.png commissions___open_by_sweetduke-d2qyy36.   chatterbox_by_idjpanda-d7al78w.png

Spoiler

#5 Mister X

Mister X

Ninja Assassin

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

A very advanced and similar way you could do this is to go through your Script Editor and go to the 'Scene_Title' script.
Once there, go to lines 155 and 156. They should say something like :
'@command_window.x = (544 - @command_window.width) / 2'
'@command_window.y = 288'

Edit ONLY the numbers '544' and '288' to any values you like.
These are the coordinates of the placement of the menu of the title screen.
X represents how much the box goes across, and Y represents how much the box goes up and down.

To edit the name of the options within the menu box, go to your database and go to the terms tab. Under 'Game Star/End' change the name to whatever you want.

Hope this piece of info helps :)

EDIT: The only way to make your titlescreen like that (your provided image) where the options are separate is through scripting I believe.

Edited by Mister X, 04 October 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#6 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Mister X, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

logo_dropshadow_zps9089e8b6.png
Out now!!