SOC

RMMV All my new skills are being treated as "magic" (Side view)

Question

So I made some new skills for my melee classes like knight and thief, and even though I have them set to "skills" in the database, when I select them in battle, my characters go into "magic chanting" animation and perform the skill as if it was magic.

I have tried changing Hit Type from "Certain hit" to "Physical Attack" and even added weapon requirements like sword and dagger (and I'd rather not use these settings for some skills) but they still go into magic chanting. How do we determine which skills are treated as "magic chanting" and not in RMMV? I don't believe this is a plugin issue, is it?

11 answers to this question

In the Database, under System, remove the nonmagical skills from [sV] Magic Skills.

SOC likes this

Awesome, that did it, thank you!

Do all skills not show the character using their weapon to attack when doing skills, then? Is this something that plugins would have to do? Like if I just wanted to make a basic "Slash" skill or something, and I wanted the character to swing his sword as if he was doing a normal attack with that skill, is that only available through plugins?

No - that is what you use different skill types for, and select the skill types that use the magic animations instead of the weapons by placing them in that list.

Don't place the skill types there that you don't want to use magic stances in sideview.

Actually, you did not answer his second question.

I know one of Yanfly's plugins can let you show weapon animations with your skills. AFAIK, there's no option to do that automatically.

SOC likes this

I know one of Yanfly's plugins can let you show weapon animations with your skills. AFAIK, there's no option to do that automatically.

So, any chance that someone could be more specific on this one?

I believe this is the vid you need, good sir.

***Edit, actually, maybe not, let me just check battle core...

Edited by Wren

You'll need to study all 3 Action Sequence plugins (watch the videos, go his website and read the help files) and practice it.

The easiest way to get just the weapon to swing with your skill is to put this in your notes for that skill (Assuming you have all of Yanfly's plugins):

<Target Action>

motion swing: user

perform action

motion wait: user

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

perform finish

</Target Action>

Marvelous TK, markp80nj and Adlw like this

You'll need to study all 3 Action Sequence plugins (watch the videos, go his website and read the help files) and practice it.

The easiest way to get just the weapon to swing with your skill is to put this in your notes for that skill (Assuming you have all of Yanfly's plugins):

<Target Action>

motion swing: user

perform action

motion wait: user

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

perform finish

</Target Action>

You are a lifesaver, thank you. I've been trying to get that to work all day. A lot simpler than I thought it would be, isn't that the way it always goes? :P Anyways, thanks a million.

You are a lifesaver, thank you. I've been trying to get that to work all day. A lot simpler than I thought it would be, isn't that the way it always goes? :P Anyways, thanks a million.

np! I'm actually working with my Action Sequence skills right now, so if I can come up with interesting stuff I'll try to make a thread for people to use as examples. Might take me awhile, though. Feel free to ask any questions!

Sorry for the late post,  but hopefully you don't mind!

I tried using your script for Dual Attack to use the weapon, however the SV Actor doesn't properly hold the weapon (even though its there swinging) - it seems to use the wrong actor animation.

Did this happen for you as well, and did you find a way to fix it?

Thanks!

giro, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

What script? If you need help with a script, please post in the script's thread, not in someone else's old topic.