Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001

1,051 answers to this question

Are you using any other plugins that deal with the battle system or battle animations? They could be interfering with the action sequences, or you could send me a PM with your project, and I could fiddle around with it to see what's going on and try to solve it for you.

I'm making a skill/item that not only heals all the targets/allies, but also brings back the dead if needed...  How do I check if a target is dead?  Setting the scope of all alies(dead) only allows you to select the dead members not the live one.  The reverse is true for the All Allies scopes.  Help please?

@firestalker

Try this:

In your sequence, before setting the action effect (which is the healing), input the following sequence:

remove state 1: dead friends

This should revive your fallen allies before the healing is done. Though I haven't tested it, it should work. Let me know what happens.

A little late to the party I can see :D

But I've just started working on an Assassin Class that gets more and more offensive in nature as the player levels up. Below you see a video of some skill showcasing:

Though after looking through this thread I can see I need some help making my skills look cooler.. <_<

Hi guys, i have a strange problem. I made this actually really simple looking action sequence but for some reasons once the skill is used the enemy dispersal and does not come back.

It is no where to been seen even after the skill if finished and i cant attack it but it can attack me.

Can someone help me?

<Target Action>

move user: target, back base,10

face user: home

wait for movement

motion swing: user

action effect

move user: home

wait for movement

common event: 7

</Target Action>

Also, originally i had it so that the user would disappear and then reappear  behind the target using the opacity thingy, but i thought that that was the reason it did not work and took it out.

If possible can you help me adding that again`? 

@Iliketea The problem is on the first line of your action sequence.

You wrote move user: target, back base,10.

There should be a space between the comma and the 10.

Change the line to move user: target, back base, 10.

This should fix the disappearing problem :)

Iliketea likes this

@Iliketea The problem is on the first line of your action sequence.

You wrote move user: target, back base,10.

There should be a space between the comma and the 10.

Change the line to move user: target, back base, 10.

This should fix the disappearing problem :)

Jup, that works :D 

Man, you really need to be careful huh :/ 

Any way, thank you very much ^^

I have a few questions to ask now....

1. How do you tell if an atk misses?  So I can make an if-else statement with different animations for a miss or hit.  I think earlier versions of RPGMaker had this feature standard.
  2. Is there a way to add a script call or Plugin call while in the skill?  I tried using Common Events but they didn't do what i wanted.
  3. Is there a way to add messages to a skill?  For like a beginning shout.  Enemy Yells: "Die, human!" or something before they unleash their final, trump card skill or something like that.

@firestalker

1. I think the game only runs through whether an attack hits or misses when its about to deal damage. So, before you input "Action Effect", the game won't know if the attack is a hit or a miss. I may be wrong though.

I'm not sure about this, but I think if your skill is hp damaging, you could have your sequence record the target's hp to a variable before the action effect, then after the action effect, then in an if-else statement check if the target's current hp is less than it was before. If true, it means the attack landed, otherwise its false, and continue your sequence accordingly.

I am not sure of this method as I did not test it yet. Just a thought that came in my head. Someone else might be able to answer this better.

2. You can run script calls using the "eval" sequence. Not sure about plugin commands.

3, You can add messages using a common event. Just set the common event to show whatever text you wanted to show and have the sequence call the event.

Alternatively, you could, if you wish to, show the text in the troop events. Create the messages in the troop event and set the condition to a switch and the span to moment. Then, use the eval sequence eval: $gameSwitches.setValue(x, true); where x is the switch id to activate the event. This will cause the troop event to activate and show the message. Just remember to turn the switch off after the messages so that the event closes and does not keep repeating.

I would recommend the first method though. Much less hassle :)

Edited by Naveed
CyndaBytes likes this

So I was looking for a way to implement the classic Dragoon's Jump command into my game, and I found this thread, and this action.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/page-2#entry471779

Unfortunately, I couldn't find, for the life of me, a way to implement the classic hide off the battlefield for a turn (or more) and then strike at the foe, not without turning the ability into a random target attack.

Is there something I'm missing, or how would one add in the hiding turns?

Is it possible to move to a fixed amount of pixels in front of the enemy directly? (Example: Moving to 200 pixels in front of the enemy)

I have an animation which includes multiple swords flying forwards from the user, and exploding on the enemy, but it looks bad when the user is too close

to the enemy. (And I can't make the animation of the sword rotate and fly straight from the user to the target)

@duskaco sadly that isn't possible. The only way to do that would be to move to the enemy and then move back your desired amount of pixels.

To make it look less awkward, you could have the user run up to the target, punch the target, and then move back your desired amount of pixels and continue with the sequence.

@duskaco sadly that isn't possible. The only way to do that would be to move to the enemy and then move back your desired amount of pixels.

To make it look less awkward, you could have the user run up to the target, punch the target, and then move back your desired amount of pixels and continue with the sequence.

Hahaha that's going to make my job so much harder. Well, it isn't too much of a setback for me.

And thanks for the quick reply, I didn't expect one until a few hours later.

So no way to implement the damage avoiding features of the FF Dragoon's jump, using the Action Sequences?

Edited by Arrogant McElfpants

So no way to implement the damage avoiding features of the FF Dragoon's jump, using the Action Sequences?

The only thing I could think of, and its a bit cluttered means of doing so, is to set up a means of the character jumping up off screen, then setting their opacity to 0%. Apply a state that makes them effectively immune to damage, and their target rate to 0%. Of course.. I haven't quite figured out how to get them to automatically 'attack' with the second part of the animation, the target of the first part.

I'm sure there's a much cleaner way of doing this.

So, I played around with the Jump idea and honestly couldn't come up with a way to make it work. The main problem, as the poster above me stated, is getting the 2nd part of the ability to work. I was able to make the character "jump" off screen, become immortal, not be target-able, and all that jazz, but I couldn't figure out exactly how to make said character do the 2nd part of the ability.

The only thing I can think of is using Yanfly's Troop Events plugin, do a conditional check every turn to see if the character has the "jump" state, and if they do, do a "force action" to call a second ability, which will be the one that does damage...only issue being that it would either have to hit a random target, or being multi-target damage.

I'll try my hand at achieving this tomorrow (Its really late over here). I'll see if I can come up with something.

Using Yanfly's buff and states core... It might be possible. Here's my idea (without the javascript lines, because I dont know the calls for these. I mean, what exactly is the call required to get the index of the unit in a troop? Or getting the index of the target chosen? I have no idea.)

This is all theory. I have not tried it out in any way or form. Sorry about that. I'm not even fully sure if it is fully logical.

When activating, get the user's and target's index and store it in a variable, then apply a state to the user that turns the user untargetable (for single target attacks), both invincible (for AOE attacks) and invisible as well as not usable (cannot move restriction) for the next turn. (I'm not sure if it is possible to do invisibility). The state is removed at the end of the next turn, or, in the beginning of the next turn with a battle event. (Yanfly's common troop events)

Set the <Custom remove action> to using a skill at a target with the index of the value obtained previously (when casting the skill), or, if the target is dead, a random target that is not dead. 

For the animation,

The first part of the skill includes the user jumping up.

The second part of the skill shows the user falling down and jumping back into position.

Edited by duskaco

Oh I have something I wish to ask as well. I'm not sure if it is the correct place, but it is caused by the Action Sequence Pack.

I have noticed that if I have multiple hits in my physical skills, my counterattacks do not work properly. Instead of calculating counterattack once, and stopping the skill, the skill will not stop and continue moving, causing in multiple counterattacks in the same skill (and horribly distorted animations thanks to the enemy being knocked away from custom counterattack skills)

Let's say, my character uses Counter Stance this turn, the enemy uses triple slash. When the enemy hits me, I use Counter Slash at the enemy and remove my own counter attack state, but the enemy continues with his attack nonetheless.

Is it possible to fix this without adding a massive 'if else' eval code on the beginning every multi hit skill? Or is that my only choice?

Guys I think I managed to pull off the Fly technique! I just need to know the JS code for getting the troop index of the target. Everything else is working fine.

Anyone know the code?

Edit: Oh, and I also need the code for the user's actor id ^_^

Edited by Naveed

Guys I think I managed to pull off the Fly technique! I just need to know the JS code for getting the troop index of the target. Everything else is working fine.

Anyone know the code?

Edit: Oh, and I also need the code for the user's actor id ^_^

Hmm... I cant help you much with that but I'd suggest maybe checking the code of THIS plugin for some guidance? Maybe something can be learnt from it...

Hi, I came up with a fun little skill, and thought I would share, I know this has nothing to do with the Dragoon jump thing, but thought this was the place to share anyway.

<Target Action>

Move User: Target, Front, 20

Wait for Movement

Motion Attack: User

Wait: 5

Float Target: 50, 10

Wait: 8

Move target: User, back base, 10

Face user: Backward

Face Target: Backward

Float Target: 0%, 1

Action Animation: Target

Wait: 10

action effect

Move target: User, Front Base, 10

Face user: Forward

Face Target: Forward

action effect

Move target: User, back base, 10

Face user: Backward

Face Target: Backward

action effect

Move target: User, front base, 10

Face user: Forward

Face Target: Forward

action effect

</Target Action>

It works best on Whip wielding characters. The Animation is just a simple landing impact.

Edited by Xenthar
Galaxyglow likes this

@firestalker

1. I think the game only runs through whether an attack hits or misses when its about to deal damage. So, before you input "Action Effect", the game won't know if the attack is a hit or a miss. I may be wrong though.

I'm not sure about this, but I think if your skill is hp damaging, you could have your sequence record the target's hp to a variable before the action effect, then after the action effect, then in an if-else statement check if the target's current hp is less than it was before. If true, it means the attack landed, otherwise its false, and continue your sequence accordingly.

I am not sure of this method as I did not test it yet. Just a thought that came in my head. Someone else might be able to answer this better.

2. You can run script calls using the "eval" sequence. Not sure about plugin commands.

3, You can add messages using a common event. Just set the common event to show whatever text you wanted to show and have the sequence call the event.

Alternatively, you could, if you wish to, show the text in the troop events. Create the messages in the troop event and set the condition to a switch and the span to moment. Then, use the eval sequence eval: $gameSwitches.setValue(x, true); where x is the switch id to activate the event. This will cause the troop event to activate and show the message. Just remember to turn the switch off after the messages so that the event closes and does not keep repeating.

I would recommend the first method though. Much less hassle :)

So I tried to make dialogue in the MIDDLE of my sequence, made the common event, called on it, but the dialogue shows at the end of the sequence, instead of when being called on.  :(Any ideas? 

Edited by KingGodzilla

Decided to go ahead and post my cutscene anyway. It's not much, but I'm just learning and trying my best. The command script is in the Youtube description. Be easy!

Ryuk, edkun83, zerobeat032 and 1 other like this