Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001

1,051 answers to this question

This will be a dumb series of questions but as I said before I am pretty bad at this in general. I can take something someone already made and slowly figure out. But, I will start with Fernyfer. 

How did you get the slash images to stay for the multi-slash attack near the end? I answered this myself. Just realized it was a default animation, I am derpy.

Also, how would I get animations to appear in specific spots around the monster. For example, if I wanted to say have an magical arrow appear in the usually front head spot.

Edited by Stratoforce

misread question..

You can move battlers to certain positions around a target, but animations are still animations. You can pick the target for the animation but it will play a regular animation from the database. So set it up best you can in the animation section, normally you don't see overly specific stuff like this because each battler can be a different height.

Edited by erikmidnatt
Stratoforce likes this

misread question..

You can move battlers to certain positions around a target, but animations are still animations. You can pick the target for the animation but it will play a regular animation from the database. So set it up best you can in the animation section, normally you don't see overly specific stuff like this because each battler can be a different height.

Thanks, makes sense! So another question maybe someone can help me with. In this attack, the character fires the gun twice, then does the barrage. I was wondering if possible, where and how would I have the barrage part hit 5 times for actual damage, and not just the animation?

<target action>

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0, 20

wait for opacity

motion attack: user

attack animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

wait for animation

animation 112: target

wait for animation

action effect

wait 1

immortal: target, false

Wait 30

move user: home, 5

face user: forward

wait for animation

wait for movement

</target action>

<follow action>

opacity not focus: 100%, 60

wait for opacity

show battle hud

</follow action>

I have set up battler walking and walking back animation sprites because actors seem to just slide out when they attack. I replaced motions I sure I won't need and won't conflict with the system. How do I make it that it plays out the motion of actually walking out and walking back when they attack and after attacking?

I can change the motion right now, but it lasts only 1 frame before it goes into attack motion.

<setup action>

motion missile: user

</setup action>

*Missile motion has been replaced by a walking out sprite.

Edited by MikeMakes

Thanks, makes sense! So another question maybe someone can help me with. In this attack, the character fires the gun twice, then does the barrage. I was wondering if possible, where and how would I have the barrage part hit 5 times for actual damage, and not just the animation?

<target action>

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0, 20

wait for opacity

wait for animation

action effect

wait for animation

animation 112: target

ani wait: 3

action effect

action effect

action effect

action effect

action effect

wait for popups

immortal: target, false

Wait 30

move user: home, 5

wait for animation

wait for movement

</target action>

<follow action>

opacity not focus: 100%, 60

wait for opacity

show battle hud

</follow action>

I do not know how long the animation is so this might be off. But maybe something like this? 

@Fernyfer775 I like just tried it, I like. I'm going to save this one to the library and tweak as needed :)

I used your attack code and altered it to where the characters jump toward enemy, or slightly toward while using escape/evade motions to give the illusion of the jump. Try it out!

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

</setup action>

<target action>

if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'

motion evade: user

jump user: 100, 40

move user: target, front, 40

wait for movement

wait for motion

else

wait for movement

jump user: 50, 20

move user: forward, 250, 20

wait for movement

wait for motion

end

wait for animation

action effect

jump user: 100, 40

move user: return, 40

motion escape: user

wait for movement

</target action>

Rink27 and Kike like this

also, does anyone know how to show a separate animation other than the one the skill is linked to? I want to display angel wings on my user, then perform action animation on target. Thanks!

also, does anyone know how to show a separate animation other than the one the skill is linked to? I want to display angel wings on my user, then perform action animation on target. Thanks!

Would this work?

Skill Notetag:

*   <Cast Animation: x>

*   Sets the skill's cast animation to animation ID x. Setting x to zero will

*   cause the skill to not have any animaton at all.

Would this work?

Skill Notetag:

*   <Cast Animation: x>

*   Sets the skill's cast animation to animation ID x. Setting x to zero will

*   cause the skill to not have any animaton at all.

Thank you SOOOO much. It worked! :D

https://youtu.be/IZkdWbWn6wg

Edited by Anime_Fusion
erikmidnatt and jerrypylant like this

<Target Action>

opacity not focus: 0%, 30

wait for opacity

hide battle hud

move user: target, front base, 20

wait for movement

jump user: 200, 30

motion swing: user

wait for motion

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

move user: home, 20

opacity not focus: 100%, 30

wait for opacity

show battle hud

<\Target Action>

No matter what i do my actor will lag for a bit in the air before performing the attack motion. I have no idea how to fix it...  >_> The strangest part is that it only happens the first time. If i perform the skill two times in a row the lag is gone the second time. Seems strange. 

Edited by Tobbx

No matter what i do my actor will lag for a bit in the air before performing the attack motion. I have no idea how to fix it...  >_> The strangest part is that it only happens the first time. If i perform the skill two times in a row the lag is gone the second time. Seems strange. 

There has been alot of issues with lag. I sometimes have it happen during certain skills as well. I haven't tried this yet, but there is a thread on lag

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46846-rpg-maker-mv-lag-solution/

There has been alot of issues with lag. I sometimes have it happen during certain skills as well. I haven't tried this yet, but there is a thread on lag

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46846-rpg-maker-mv-lag-solution/

It's only this one for me. And i tried it in a normal test play. If i started a new game the first battle had the lag on this specific skill. But after that if i entered a new battle the lag was gone. Like the engine learn after one use how to display the skill without lag. Superwierd. 

A lot of people on this thread have taken to quoting whole posts in their reply.  This is not necessary - especially if the post you are replying to is immediately above yours - and is making the thread slow to scroll through, as well as increasing the time it takes for each page to load.

If you want to be sure that the person you are replying to knows it's them, please use the convention

@username

[then your reply]

Only quote if absolutely necessary.

Thank you.

Blue001 likes this

@Yanfly, thank you so much for the Character tag. It's made my night coming up with combined attacks.

@Everyone else, keep up the amazing work. I've gotten so many fun ideas from this thread. If I come up with any additional ones I'll post, right now I'm just having fun working with the ones posted so far.

<setup action>display actionwait: 40hide battle hudopacity not focus: 0%camera focus: user, front center, 45zoom: 1.2, 45wait: 45motion chant: usermotion wait: userwait: 30camera focus: target, front center, 30wait: 30</setup action><Target Action>motion spell: userwait: 30reset camera: 45wait: 45action animation: targetwait for animationperform finishclear battle logreset zoom: 20reset camera: 20wait: 20opacity not focus: 100%</Target Action><follow action>show battle hud</follow action>

Fernyfer, why is the animation playing three times?

@SpellcraftQuill: Is that supposed to hit one enemy or all enemies?

If it's supposed to be all enemies, make sure the database animation you're using isn't set to "SCREEN", and change the <target action> to <whole action>

How do I specify frames of a battler's motion to last several seconds? (e.g. I want to make animation loop for several seconds)

I only did:

motion motiontype: user

to extend by just a few frames of duration.

EDIT: *I think I will stick with this solution.

Edited by MikeMakes

Resolved

Edited by SpellcraftQuill

im confused by the commands "perform finish" "action animation" "action effect"??? I didn't see any of those commands in the help file or video...

I have a question about how to use action common event. I have made a skill where at different parts of it the user says something. I have a total of 3 different events but I'm not sure how to write this in the code or how to specify the name of the event. Also Is it possible to make it so that the skill user faces away from the enemy then jumps instead of move back to the home position? Also is there a way to make it so that the walk animation is peformed when the user is moving to the target instead of the skill animation?

Edited by Tenryuga

@Tobbx I am asking how to make it 7 sets of numbers, instead of 3. It is 2 for the first 2 normal shots, then 1 for the 5 hit barrage. I want it to be 5, is there a way to do it?

I feel like there should be a better way to do this one. This was my attempt at proper dual-wielding, not hitting with both weapons at once like RPG Maker usually does. I used Actor 18 (who is a dummy actor) to store the extra weapon. I wasn't sure what else TO use; I couldn't use JS variables, and trying to use $gameVariables forced me to use nested ifs, which don't seem to work right.

<Setup Action>DISPLAY ACTIONIMMORTAL: targets, TRUEMOVE user: FORWARD, 50, 5WAIT FOR MOVEMENT</Setup Action><Target Action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'  JUMP user: 150%  MOVE user: target, FRONT BASE  WAIT FOR JUMPelse  perform startendif user.equips()[0]  EVAL: $gameActors.actor(18).forceChangeEquip(0, user.equips()[1])  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(1, null)  MOTION ATTACK: user  MOTION WAIT: user  ACTION ANIMATION  WAIT FOR ANIMATION  ACTION EFFECT: target  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(1, $gameActors.actor(18).equips()[0])  DEATH BREAKendif user.equips()[1]  EVAL: $gameActors.actor(18).forceChangeEquip(0, user.equips()[0])  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(0, null)  MOTION ATTACK: user  MOTION WAIT: user  ACTION ANIMATION  WAIT FOR ANIMATION  ACTION EFFECT: target  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(0, $gameActors.actor(18).equips()[0])  DEATH BREAKendif !user.equips()[0] && !user.equips()[1]  MOTION ATTACK: user  MOTION WAIT: user  ACTION ANIMATION  WAIT FOR ANIMATION  ACTION EFFECT: target  DEATH BREAKend</Target Action>

@lonewolph Have you tried looking at the help file(s)?

Here is the info from YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js

PERFORM FINISH
 *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 * Causes actor to move back to its home spot.
 * Usage Example: perform finish

* ACTION ANIMATION: (target), (mirror)
 * Plays the animation assigned to the skill/item. The animation will
 * automatically select the skill's/item's assigned targets. If 'target' is
 * used, it will specify a target to play the animation on. If 'mirror' is
 * used, it will mirror the animation.
 * Usage Example: action animation
 *                action animation: target
 *                action animation: user, mirror

*=============================================================================
 * ACTION EFFECT: target
 * Causes the target(s) to take damage/healing from the skill/item and
 * incurs any changes made to the target(s) such as buffs and states.
 * Usage Example: action effect

Edited by erikmidnatt

I might sound very noob, but... How do I proceed to have a simple "walk to the enemy before using a simple attack" ?

Here's what I tried so far : 

<setup action>display actionMOVE target1: target2, CENTER, (20)Wait for movement</finish action><target effect>attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effectmove user: home, 20wait for movement</target action>

Could you help me with that ? I'm surprised nobody thought about it :D

@Tenryuga

Regarding common events the tag is just

COMMON EVENT: X
 * Plays common event X at that point in the action sequence. Nothing else
 * will continue until the common event is finished.
 * Usage Example: common event: 1

Guys be sure to read the help file(s). I know it's long but what I do is either open the JS file in something like Notepad++ and search them. Or if you want inside of RPG Maker pull up the help area, select all the text, copy and paste it into a new document to use for reference. Whatever is easier for you.

@Luth, did you take a look at Yanfly's attack sequence? Pretty sure it does what you want. You may want to tweak it, but I would give it a look as it's one of the simplier examples in this thread.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/?p=470695

Edited by erikmidnatt