Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001

1,051 answers to this question

@Luth, did you take a look at Yanfly's attack sequence? Pretty sure it does what you want. You may want to tweak it, but I would give it a look as it's one of the simplier examples in this thread.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/?p=470695

Thanks a lot ; Didn't pay attention to it, I think it's time for me to sleep. Sorry.

Question: Is it possible to apply some of the camera movements to events and such on the map, like outside of battle? Say, the camera would zoom in at a particular region, or pan across upon first entry (ticking a switch so it doesn't happen again)?

action sequences are part of the battle system plugins. they work during different phases of battle, and only then.

Question: Is it possible to apply some of the camera movements to events and such on the map, like outside of battle? Say, the camera would zoom in at a particular region, or pan across upon first entry (ticking a switch so it doesn't happen again)?

While a good request, it may be one better posed in a new "JS Plugin Request" as these are NEW unrelated functions you are requesting that happen outside of battle, and this thread is for a plugin that only affects battle itself.

Got it. I wasn't sure if camera = camera = camera, or if Battle Camera was handled separately from Field Camera. Thanks!

I modified the action sequence for a spell that actors and enemies can use. However, because it contains a specification of a motion, the enemy turns invisible when that motion plays because it does not have that motion.

I used "motion motiontype: user"

How do I set that that particular motion only plays if the user is an Actor and not an Enemy?

Edited by MikeMakes

@MikeMakes: Just make a copy of that spell and alter it for the enemy. :) (That's how I do it)

Yeah, I thought about that. I thought there was some kind of shortcut I didn't know about. It's somewhat inconvenient to edit the enemy version of the spell as well if needed.

I see. I've always completely separated my enemy and character skills by default, since it makes balancing them less of a chore.

I really wouldn't know how to make it work for both, sorry. :P

It's all right.

In addition, is there a way, through action sequences settings, to perform the next action after the display of the action's name faster?

e.g. When a spell's name is displayed, there's a delay before the next step.

display action creates a delay in other action, and I want to shorten that delay

Post one of your abilities and I'll see if I notice anything peculiar. (Put it in a spoiler so that it doesn't fill up half the thread page) :P

Is it possible to make a target or a user move up or down? Cause the only available options are forward and backward and the jump option doesn't satisfy me because the target/user always goes down immediately upon reaching the point.

Edited by Zeshiba

@Zeshiba

you can make them float, but you can't make them go below the base level to my knowledge. Float is useful though.

Edited by erikmidnatt

@erikmidnatt Thank you so much. That worked, never thought the float would work as well.

Here's one that I am hoping is simple. I am trying to get all attacks, both from player characters and enemies to rush up to the target, attack, and go back to their place. That works fine, but for some reason, whenever an enemy attacks, they play a weird casting animation, as if using magic. They aren't using magic, this is a simple, regular ol' attack. There is nothing in the Skill config that says to do this either. Here is the code I'm using:

<Target Action>

move user: target, front base, 20

wait for movement

perform action

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

</Target Action>

Even when I remove all things animation related, it still plays. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Fernyfer775 likes this

So I'm still learning how to use these action sequences, but I'm stuck. I want an attack that has the player go up to the enemy and punch (I'm editing the code Yanfly gave earlier for the basic attack) but it seems the way it works is that no matter what action you give, the actor will do the action with their equipped weapon. How would I accomplish showing it without the weapon in hand? Would I need to unequip the weapon (which lowers players stats which I don't want)? I've looked through the help but I can't figure this out.

hi guys, can you help me with this one.

the skill still  apply damage after the end , and even to dead target.

it should be only a 1 hit.

thanks

sorry for my english

skill1.txt

I am not sure if this is inherent to the plugin but I used Yanfly's sequence from above to make the "Attack" skill detect what type of weapon is being used, but I notice when the "Melee" types move they zoom across the screen to the enemy battler.

Out of curiosity is there away to slow down this movement? 

Quoted the Action Sequence from above for convenience. 

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

</setup action>

<target action>

if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'

move user: targets, front, 20

else

perform start

end

wait for movement

motion attack: user

wait: 10

attack animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

@Arcmagik: If you look at this "move user: targets, front, 20" the number at the end of it is how many frames you want that sequence to be completed. 20 frames is about 1/3 a second, so if you want the character to move slower, then change that number.

@Meike: I don't think there's a way to accomplish what you want with the way the plugins are currently built, perhaps you could go to his website and request it? Yanfly is pretty great at updating his plugins to the needs of his player-base.

@Fernyfer775

I thought that had something to do with it. Thank you for the help.

I have a skill I used this plugin with, and I have "display action" during the setup action, but in one of my playtests the name of the action stayed on screen when it was done and the name of the next action appeared under it. How do I prevent this?

I believe you will have to put in "clear battle log" somewhere in the skill around the end of it.

That did it. Thanks very much. :D

Fernyfer775 likes this

Even when I remove all things animation related, it still plays. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

In the skill itself, under "Skill Type" if it's a Magic or Skill type and in your system settings, you have either of those two listed in the top right hand corner under [sV] Magic Skills then the little magic casting animation will play.

If you want to skip that altogether, then you have to do something like this:

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

wait: 30

</setup action>

^ That will go BEFORE any <target action> or <whole action> portion of the skill sequence.

The wait is so that there is a tiny pause in between the action being shown in the message box and when the character/enemy will actually go in for the attack. It can be removed if you want.

Edited by Fernyfer775

Not sure what the deal is with my motion swing... It does this every time.

<Target Action>

motion swing: user

perform action

motion wait: user

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

perform finish

</Target Action>

Untitled_1.png