Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001
sb~, asaharasensei, Noodle and 24 others like this

1,051 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I'm having an issue with the 'thrust'/'swing'/'missile' motions (it happens with "motion attack: user" as well) where it plays the 'skill' motion with the weapon floating there. Is there a known fix for this? I've found a workaround using Yami's SV battler plugin, but that only works as long as the actor's weapons all use the same motion (e.g. it wouldn't work for an actor that could use either a sword or a bow). For more information on my issue, check out this discussion. It's not a big problem, but it does affect the visual quality of the game.

Edited by Mando Jetii

Posted (edited)

Just now, Mando Jetii said:

Here is a download link for my test project: Sideview Battle Test. This project uses Yami's plugin to correct the original motion error but has a new error where the "wait" motion isn't playing right. Harold is the only character using Yami's plugin, the others just use default sprite sheets. Therese is still displaying the original motion error that I'm having with Yanfly's Action Sequence plugins.

Edited by Mando Jetii

Posted (edited)

@Mando Jetii Hello, first I'm going to say you don't need to double post only edit your original post, you make the higher ups look at us funny.

I'm going to make a guess and say that all of your skills have this particular part in the action sequence?

<whole Action>
move user: forward, 32, 4
motion attack: user
perform action   <-------------This one
motion wait: user
action animation: target
wait for animation
action effect: target
death break
perform finish
</whole action>

If this is the case?

Edited by emelian65

Posted (edited)

Yes, "perform action" is included. It was easier than trying to insert the animations and all that. So "perform action" is what's overwriting the motion animation?

3 hours ago, emelian65 said:

@Mando Jetii Hello, first I'm going to say you don't need to double post only edit your original post, you make the higher ups look at us funny.

I didn't mean to double post this. I accidentally posted it here when I meant to post it here. I couldn't figure out how to delete the extra post, so I just left it with the quote box added.

Edited by Mando Jetii

Posted (edited)

Mmmm, we really should probably consider make a writen guide of some of the action sequence commands, it is obvious that Yanfly help file doesn't really help much, if everyone is having problems like this.

@Mando Jetii

The Perform Action sequence is a shortcut, an easy way to call the start of a skill, as such it should only be really used in the <Setup Action> sequence, putting it anywhere else just mess with things.

It is indeed overwrtting the Motion Attack: User as is happening later that the previous, however you really don't need to use it unless you are messing with the Setup Action, and as far as I can see you just want the default walking a bit, then cast animation, then whatever else. Because of that you don' t need perform finish either, and, because of where you are putting it you also don't need Death Break.

Test the skills without the Perform Action in there, you'll see that the skill plays exactly the same but with the correct motion.

If you need more help don't be afraid to ask.

Edited by emelian65
ashikai likes this

@emelian65

Thanks! It worked exactly like you said. I remember when I first was experimenting with action sequences that the animation's weren't running & the enemies weren't taking damage; I had though that "perform action" was what added those, but it looks like that stuff is handled in other lines such as "action animation" & "action effect". Thanks!

Okay, new question. Say I'm making a multi-hit attack and I want the last hit to cause double damage. How would I do that?

I'm working on an MV remake of the VX Ace skill "Claw Dance". The original skill is a two-hit attack with a damage formula of a.atk * 12, but the attack animation shows five hits, with the fifth hit looking like it hurt more than the others. Using Yanfly's action sequences, I'm able to make the character move with the attack animation and damage the enemy with each strike. Aside from the fact that the fifth attack looks stronger than the others, the formula also divides better if I give double damage on the last attack (12 * 2 = 24, 24 / 6 = 4 but 24 / 5 = 4.8).

Here is the current notebox code:

<target action>

move user: target, front center, 5

wait for movement

face user: target

move user: target, back base, 5

wait for movement

action effect

wait: 5

move user: target, front base, 5

wait for movement

action effect

move user: target, back center, 5

wait for movement

action effect

move user: target, base, 5

wait for movement

action effect

wait: 20

move user: target, front head, 5

wait for movement

action effect

action effect

wait: 3

</target action>

<follow action>

perform finish

</follow action>

You may notice that I have "action effect" twice for the last strike. This is so that it causes double damage, however this is technically two hits and shows up as such in the damage popup, so I would like to cause one double damage hit. The best solution I can think of off hand it to create a state that double's the user's atk and have the skill invoke the state before the final strike, then end it afterward.

2 hours ago, Mando Jetii said:

Okay, new question. Say I'm making a multi-hit attack and I want the last hit to cause double damage. How would I do that?

I'm working on an MV remake of the VX Ace skill "Claw Dance". The original skill is a two-hit attack with a damage formula of a.atk * 12, but the attack animation shows five hits, with the fifth hit looking like it hurt more than the others. Using Yanfly's action sequences, I'm able to make the character move with the attack animation and damage the enemy with each strike. Aside from the fact that the fifth attack looks stronger than the others, the formula also divides better if I give double damage on the last attack (12 * 2 = 24, 24 / 6 = 4 but 24 / 5 = 4.8).

Here is the current notebox code:

<target action>

move user: target, front center, 5

wait for movement

move user: target, back base, 5

wait for movement

action effect

move user: target, front base, 5

wait for movement

action effect

move user: target, back center, 5

wait for movement

action effect

move user: target, base, 5

wait for movement

action effect

wait: 20

move user: target, front head, 5

wait for movement

action effect

action effect

wait: 3

</target action>

<follow action>

perform finish

</follow action>

You may notice that I have "action effect" twice for the last strike. This is so that it causes double damage, however this is technically two hits and shows up as such in the damage popup, so I would like to cause one double damage hit. The best solution I can think of off hand it to create a state that double's the user's atk and have the skill invoke the state before the final strike, then end it afterward.

Get Yanfly's Damage Core plugin, if you don't have it. Then, before the final hit, use 'damage rate: 200%'. It'll make the last hit deal twice as much damage in a single hit, and you don't have to change it back to 100% afterwards (it resets at the end of the sequence).

44 minutes ago, Mando Jetii said:

@PaybacK

Thanks! I thought there was a way to do it using Yanfly plugins.

np bro

Question: What do I do to prevent actors from moving backwards when using a skill (magic, or special)?

My actor moves backwards, moves back to starting location, THEN forwards....

<Cast Animation: 0>

<whole action>

move user: forward, 48, 12

camera focus: user

zoom: 110%, 30

wait for zoom

</whole action>

Also: I got basic motion figured out... I can have my actor run towards a target's position... how do I keep the target there instead of returning to home position?

I am new to forums but big RPG user since my childhood. Just trying to get my head around Action Sequences and came across this one: NOTE I realise this doesn't work with Yanfly's but perhaps we can get a translation so it does?

Spoiler

When I input it into my game it doesn't want to work. My character does the movement and then the damage cuts in but no animation for summoning occurs.

Can someone test it out in theirs and see if they get the same results? See below for the Action Sequence. 

Spoiler

<action sequence: movement>
motion: user, walk
move: user, forward, 30, 48
wait: user, move
motion: user, reset
</action sequence>

<action sequence: execute>
motion: user, chant
wait: user, 24
motion: user, 7, 3, 8, once
wait: user, 24
motion: user, 10, 3, 8, loop
wait: user, 12
animation: user, 142
wait: user, animation
opacity: all actors, 0, 80
tint: lower, black, 80
wait: user, 80 
battleback: save
battleback: DarkSpace, DarkSpace
wait: user, 4
tint: lower, clear, 80
animation: all targets, 141
wait: user, 120
pose: all targets, damage, 0
move: all targets, close to position, 24, 408, 312, 96
float: all targets, 48, movement
wait: user, 40
effect: all targets, 100%
wait: user, 48
fall: all targets, to ground, 20
wait: all targets, jump
kill: all targets
motion: all targets, reset
pose: all targets, clear
tint: lower, black, 80
battleback: restore
wait: user, 4
tint: lower, clear, 80
opacity: all actors, 255, 80
</action sequence>

<action sequence: damage>
</action sequence>

<action sequence: return>
motion: movable targets, move
motion: user, return
move: movable targets, to home, 12
move: user, to home, 12
wait: user, move
wait: movable targets, reset
</action sequence>

Edited by Mecha_Raja

Hello. Is there a way to have characters go up to an enemy and stay there (new position)?

I can do the move commands with Yanfly Action Sequence Pack... but what if I want to disable them jumping back to their default row?

These are the coded positions.

MOVE target1: HOME, (frames)
MOVE target1: RETURN, (frames)
MOVE target1: FORWARD, (distance), (frames)
MOVE target1: BACKWARD, (distance), (frames)
MOVE target1: POINT, x coordinate, y coordinate, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, BASE, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, CENTER, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, HEAD, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, FRONT BASE, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, FRONT CENTER, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, FRONT HEAD, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, BACK BASE, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, BACK CENTER, (frames)
MOVE target1: target2, BACK HEAD, (frames)

I'm trying to create a state that does this using action sequences: 

places a state on the target 

after 3 turns, state expires, explodes

and then deals damage to all enemies. 

Then adds a new state? 

Anyone have an idea? I can add the animations in myself, but I don't know how to create the action sequences. 

Edited by Solis
more detail.

@Mecha_Raja I am sorry but if you only copy and paste you should know that in here we are working with Yanfly Action Sequence's and the code in the video comes from Victor Engine sequence, and I can assure you that both don't play nice with each other.

@DigDigDig As far as I know it's not possible, you can delay the return movement a lot, but in the end, the actor is going to return to its home position. You can try to use Yanfly Row formation for something similar. 

@Solis Well you won't need only the Action Sequence, you will also need the Buff & States Core and something like this code from Yanfly Tips & Tricks – Cagnazzo’s Tsunami (Final Fantasy 4) – RPG Maker MV. If you need help don't be afraid of either PM me or waiting a bit more for a response, the reason is that this is Yanfly Action Sequence works alright and in this case but you need something to trigger the effect you are asking for.

Ok, spent more time on this than I probably should have, and I still think it needs some tweaking. What do ya'll think?

mara_vertin likes this

On 1/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, emelian65 said:

@Mecha_Raja I am sorry but if you only copy and paste you should know that in here we are working with Yanfly Action Sequence's and the code in the video comes from Victor Engine sequence, and I can assure you that both don't play nice with each other.

Has anyone made something similar here? 

Hi all,

What I'm trying to make is a state which will be possible to apply if mpRate (MP current level in %) is above 5%. This state then will take 5% of MP every turn. Everything work just fine till this moment. Next thing I'm trying to make is that if MP is below 5% then that state should be removed.

I'm using all Yanfly's plugins, but the most important here are Visual State Effects, Buffs and States CoreAuto Passive States and Passive Aura Effects.

My code -- skill notetag

Spoiler

// Requires user to have at least 5% MP

<Custom Requirement>

value = user.mpRate() > 0.05;

</Custom Requirement>

// Display cost

<Custom Cost Display>

\fs[20]\c[23]5% KI or more\c[0]\fr

</Custom Cost Display>

and my state notetag

Spoiler

<State Animation: 145>

<Custom Passive Condition>

// Check if the party is in battle.

if ($gameParty.inBattle()) {

// Set the condition to whether or not the user's MP% is above 5%.

condition = user.mpRate() >= 0.05;

} else {

// Otherwise, set the condition to false.

condition = false;

}

</Custom Passive Condition>

Maybe I'm missing something, but at the moment I have no idea what that could be. If anyone can take a look and point me my mistakes I would be grateful.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Both code fragments I took from Tips & Tricks series: Death and Power Up Mode.

Regards.

Edited by woyo-sensei
couple things missing

@Mecha_Raja As far as I know there isn't one already made, also Yanfly plug-ins are not able to change the background in battle, yet. I could try to replicate the effect but it will taka while or maybe you can switch to use Victor engine plug-in, while both action sequences don't play well together is not the case for all of their plug-ins.

@woyo-sensei This is the Yanfly Action Sequence Sharing and Discussion, what you are asking has nothing to do with the later. Also if you are using Yanfly's the code should be something like this.

<State Animation: 145>

<Custom Passive Condition>
// Check if the party is in battle and if the affected Mp rate is above 5%.
if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.mpRate >= 0.05) {
// Set the coondition to true
condition = true;
} else {
// Otherwise, set the condition to false.
condition = false;
}
</Custom Passive Condition>

Edited by emelian65

I know its AS section, but I posted here for two reasons. First, below almost every Yanflys video you can find link to this topic (and Patreon, which I don't have yet), and second is probably why you can find that link everywhere. This topic is the most popular about Yanflys plugins. On the other hand, when I finish what I'm currently working on, I will share it here, including animations and code I used.

About the answer, I have no idea how I missed that. Need a coffee I think :P Thank you very much.

PS. My code is actually part of Action Sequence. I just haven't included all of it as it was pointless.

PS2. That solution is still not working. Maybe I missed something else?

Edited by woyo-sensei

15 hours ago, Lear said:

Ok, spent more time on this than I probably should have, and I still think it needs some tweaking. What do ya'll think?

How did you manage this? I'd love to know so I can do scene transition skills with my characters too!

2 minutes ago, deathsia said:

How did you manage this? I'd love to know so I can do scene transition skills with my characters too!

Hopefully I didn't show too much too soon. Yanfly has an upcoming battleback plugin that allows for this sort of thing. I happened to get a sneak peak and decided to make use of it. :D

2 hours ago, PotatoPotahto said:

I was wondering, is there a way to show pictures or anything during an action sequence?

place it in a common event, and call it anywhere in the sequence using:

common event: x

X is the common event ID. I actually do this for specials and team skills.

https://youtu.be/2ik2eBYW7XM

(...I'm not sure how to set the actual vid in this post without opening a page. Sorry 'bout that)

Edited by PaybacK

9 hours ago, Lear said:

Hopefully I didn't show too much too soon. Yanfly has an upcoming battleback plugin that allows for this sort of thing. I happened to get a sneak peak and decided to make use of it. :D

Upcoming? Any ETA? Just a little? Just something, anything?