Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001

1,051 answers to this question

Motion Swing does not "swing" "thrust" or "missle" the weapon when I use skills.

Nope, still uses the generic open palm stance while the weapon just kinda flies in the back.

I think it's the order in which you have your sequence. Put the "motion wait: user" BEFORE the perform action and see if that works.

Nope, same result.... I'm probably gonna give up. I've been at this all day.

Thank for all your help though, your time was appreciated :)

Edited by hydro_sapien

Made a sequence for Slash Special 2, I think it looks pretty nice but lemme know if you guys think I should change anything.

Edit: I fixed it so that it actually works now lol. I made the mistake of using X and Y coordinates and then realized that not everyone will have the same enemy positions as me. The X and Y looked a little better to me, but at least everyone can use it now.

<target action>jump user: 150%move user: target, back head, 8wait for movementmotion swing: useraction animationmove user: target, base, 8wait for movementwait: 26motion swing: userjump user: 150%move user: target, front head, 3wait for movementwait: 8motion victory: userwait: 20action effectaction effect</Target Action>
Edited by Kinger556
Fernyfer775 and Andronius like this

Thanks guy for your example its little bit difficult for person that the firts time to create fight ^^ !

I would like to change the basic attack animation for both sides enemys and party so they run up to the target and go back to there place

I noticed when I was using the above posted method to have the user swing their weapon when using a skill the animation looks a little funky.  For example here is what it looks like when the user is doing a normal attack:

post-62435-0-04532000-1446238937_thumb.p

The user's hand appears to be holding the sword as it should

Here is an example when the user swings their weapon in a skill with the actions sequence:

post-62435-0-74449700-1446238937_thumb.p

the sword isn't actually being held it's a little off.  Is this supposed to look like this or am I doing the tag wrong?  It's not a big deal just wondering :)

@Virun91: It was posted a bit earlier in the thread, but here it is.

<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, true</setup action><target action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'  move user: targets, front, 20else  perform startendwait for movementmotion attack: userwait: 10attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effectwait: 40clear battle logperform finish</target action><follow action>immortal: targets, falsewait: 20show battle hud</follow action>

Can some one help me out I am in need of a motion set for my gunner when she uses her skill. I tried to make but failed epicly.

I wanted the camera to zoom in on her and she would charge the shot like she was taking aim with se and then the animation for the attack.

this stuff is hard lol

Hey, guys. I decided to try my hand at modifying Yanfly's attack action sequence (where it detects whether the user is using a 'missile' type weapon), and adding a few other things to it. Figured I'd drop it here, if anyone else wants it. I've put it in a spoiler as it is rather long, but here's a summary of what it does:

• The skill user only moves if it is an actor; if the skill user is an enemy, the skill user flashes white instead.
  • As in Yanfly's script, the actor moves all the way to their target if using a melee (non-'missile') weapon.
  • If the target is an enemy, blinks the target upon dealing damage.
  • An actor using this skill will face homeward, start their walking animation, then move back in the same amount of time it took them to move in the first place, if they had moved over to their target. This behavior is slightly different than just calling perform finish outright. 
<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, trueif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   motion walk: user   move user: targets, front, 20   wait for movementendif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() === 'missile'   perform start   wait for movementendif user.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: user, whitenend</setup action><whole action></whole action><target action>if user.isActor() === true   motion attack: userendwait: 10attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effectif target.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: target, blinkendwait: 10</target action><follow action></follow action><finish action>clear battle logimmortal: targets, falseif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   face user: home   motion walk: user   move user: home, 20   wait for movementendperform finishwait for movement</finish action> 

I'm kinda just going through the list of RTP skills to make sequences to practice, so I'll post them here when I finish.

Special Slash 3: (NoteFor Special Slash 3 to look right you need to go into Animation in the database and change its position to 'Center')

<target action>jump user: 800%move user: target, base, 10wait for movementmotion swing: useraction animationwait: 15jump user: 500%move user: forward, 25move user: target, base, 10wait for movementmotion swing: userwait: 15jump user: 500%move user: forward, 100, 3wait for movementmove user: target, back head, 5wait for movementmove user: target, front base, 5motion swing: userwait: 15jump user: 400%move user: backward, 250, 20wait for movementmove user: target, back head, 5wait for movementmotion swing: useraction effectaction effectaction effectaction effect</Target Action> 

Claw Special

<target action>move user: target, front head, 10wait for movementmotion swing: useraction animationwait: 5move user: target, base, 5wait for movementmove user: target, back base, 5wait for movementmotion swing: usermove user: target, front base, 5wait for movementwait: 2motion swing: usermove user: target, front head, 5wait for movementmove user: target, back head, 5wait for movementmove user: target, back center, 5wait for movementmotion swing: usermove user: target, front base, 5wait for movementmove user: target, base, 5wait for movementmove user: forward, 50wait: 15jump user: 300%motion swing: usermove user: target, front head, 5wait for movementaction effectaction effectaction effectaction effectaction effect</target action>

Body Slam:

<target action>move user: target, front base, 15wait for movementaction animationjump user: 50%move user: forward, 100, 5wait for movementmotion dead: usermove user: forward, 50, 8motion dead: useraction effect</target action> 

Edited by Kinger556
edkun83, Rink27, muwawya and 2 others like this

Have alot of ideas for attacks, I'm failing miserably at these lol.

Maybe some one can help.

This is a ninja skill that makes the user disappear and reappear around the enemy while the animation plays between disspearances.

The issues: weapon is swinging multiple times when the user reappears

<target action>camera focus: targetzoom: 120%, 30wait for zoomopacity not focus: 0, 60wait for opacityopacity user: 0%, 15wait for opacityaction animationani wait 15move user: targets, back base, 5face user: targetwait for movementopacity user: 100%, 15wait for opacitymotion attack: useraction effectopacity user: 0%, 15wait for opacityani wait 15move user: targets, front center, 5face user: targetwait for movementopacity user: 100%, 15wait for opacitymotion attack: useropacity user: 0%, 15wait for opacityani wait 15move user: targets, back head, 5face user: targetwait for movementopacity user: 100%, 15wait for opacitymotion attack: useropacity user: 0%, 15wait for opacityani wait 15move user: targets, front base, 5face user: targetwait for movementopacity user: 100%, 15wait for opacitymotion attack: useropacity user: 0%, 15wait for opacityani wait 15move user: targets, back base, 5face user: targetwait for movementopacity user: 100%, 15wait for opacitymotion attack: userwait for animationwait for movement</target action><follow action>zoom: 100%, 60opacity not focus: 100%, 60wait for opacity</follow action>

I get an error when an enemy uses an action sequence. It works fine on characters, but enemies give me this:

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: undefined is not a function    at file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:751:29    at Array.forEach (native)    at Function.BattleManager.actionMotionTarget (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:749:14)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:491:17)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382:58)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1380:15)    at Function.BattleManager.update (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1211:12)    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_scenes.js:2050:23)    at Scene_Battle.update (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_scenes.js:2042:14)    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_managers.js:1673:25)    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_managers.js:1641:10)

The new updates today should have fixed it: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/24/plugin-bugfixes-round-2/

Give those a shot to see if the crashes still happen. It should be removed. :)

Anyway, here's a new action sequence for you guys. You can use it with your Attack skill. It will detect if the user is using a melee type attack (thrust or swing) or a ranged attack (missile) and either run up close to attack or shoot the enemy from afar:

<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, true</setup action><target action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'  move user: targets, front, 20else  perform startendwait for movementmotion attack: userwait: 10attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effect</target action>

Have fun!

I am only using Yanfly plugins, most of them... only left out a few of the utility ones.  In using this Action Sequence, with a character that has 100% chance of counterattack, the enemy runs over, hits the character (actor?), the character counterattacks, but the enemy seems to be knocked upwards before going back to it's origin point... Nothing else fancy going on, other than the yanfly plugins everything else is at the defaults...

Does someone know how to use variables for target seletion? Example:   opponent x: Where X is the Value of Variable 1

Cause i'm making a skill called spray and pray. I have it set to repeat 4 times with target type 4 random enemies. The problem with this is that my actor will always shower 1 enemy with four shots then the target actions repeat again for target number 2. I would like to have it so that all of the 16 shots select a random enemy. 

So i tried this instead..

I've come up with thus much myself but then there is the problem that if the enemy x does not exist my actor attacks thin air... Common Event 31 sets variable 101 random 1-3

common even: 31if $gameVariables.value(101) == 1motion attack: userwait: 4action animation: enemy 1wait for animation action effect: enemy 1else if $gameVariables.value(101) == 2motion attack: userwait: 4action animation: enemy 2wait for animation action effect: enemy 2else motion attack: userwait: 4action animation: enemy 3wait for animation action effect: enemy 3endwait: 5/* ATTACK  (reapeat this 16 times)
Edited by Tobbx

I get an error when an enemy uses an action sequence. It works fine on characters, but enemies give me this:

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: undefined is not a function    at file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:751:29    at Array.forEach (native)    at Function.BattleManager.actionMotionTarget (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:749:14)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:491:17)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382:58)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1380:15)    at Function.BattleManager.update (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1211:12)    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_scenes.js:2050:23)    at Scene_Battle.update (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_scenes.js:2042:14)    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_managers.js:1673:25)    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/rpg_managers.js:1641:10)

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js

This should fix that. Thanks for finding the bug!

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js

This should fix that. Thanks for finding the bug!

You're awesome Yanfly! That did it, though the animation for some reason is rotated incorrectly. Should be horizontal (the skill I'm using uses a horizontal slash animation), but it's rotated vertically for some reason. Only on enemies, once again. Not a major issue, just thought you'd like to know.

Could someone test a simple attack sequence, nothing fancy against a character that has 100% counter attack and tell me if I'm going bonkers or not?  After the enemy attacks, and my actor counterattacks, the enemy's position moves upwards before going back to their home position.  It only does it on counterattacks.

<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, true</setup action><target action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'  move user: targets, front, 20else  perform startendwait for movementmotion attack: userwait for motionattack animation: targetwait for animationaction effectwait for actionclear battle logperform finish</target action><follow action>immortal: targets, falsewait: 20show battle hud</follow action> 

I get an error when using the "collapse: targets" action from the first action sequence pack. This error seems to occur due to the plugin treating the arguments as an array, which it isn't, in this case.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined    at Function.BattleManager.actionCollapse (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:1026)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:771)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:530)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:585)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionList (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1369)    at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1213)    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)    at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3056)

The action sequence I'm using is as follows:
<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, truecamera focus: user, center, 20zoom: 150%, 20wait for camerawait for zoomif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   motion walk: user   move user: targets, front, 20   wait for movementendif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() === 'missile'   perform start   wait for movementendif user.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: user, whitenend</setup action><whole action></whole action><target action>if user.isActor() === true   motion attack: userendcamera focus: target, center, 10wait for cameraattack animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetif target.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: target, blinkend</target action><follow action></follow action><finish action>clear battle logimmortal: targets, falsecollapse: targetswait for effectif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   face user: home   motion walk: user   move user: home, 20endreset camera: 20reset zoom: 20wait for camerawait for zoomwait for movementperform finishwait for movement</finish action>

Edited by gloopmaster

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a skill where the user runs down to the next party member, and throws them at the enemy. The only part that doesn't seem to work is the 2nd party member actually moving to the target. I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing. I have tried with "actor" "Friend" and "Character" to no avail. Here's the setup so far:

display action
perform start
wait for movement

motion guard: user
face user: backward
move user: friend 2, front center, 20
wait for movement
wait: 20
face user: forward
move friend 2: target, front center, 10
action animation: target
wait for animation
HP -10%: target, show
death break

perform finish
clear battle log

The enemy takes the damage, and the first actor starts to go out but does not move towards the "ally". I'm pretty sure I'm simply using the "targets" wrong but the help file says "friend x: This will select the battler's ally in slot x."

Thanks in advance,

Sindaine

Edited by Sindaine

@Sindaine: Hey there. Can you put your sequence in spoilers so it doesn't take up too much of the space? :P Thanks you!

And as for your question, I'm fairly certain what you're trying to do is doable, I did come across a guide Yanfly posted up, perhaps you could find your answer there?

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=5b384122eea0ef60&page=view&resid=5B384122EEA0EF60!1566&parId=5B384122EEA0EF60!131&authkey=!ADifjezQXuL8DSg&app=Word

I'm assuming it's one of the target actions, such as "move user: actor x" or something like that from within the guide. Good luck!

I get an error when using the "collapse: targets" action from the first action sequence pack. This error seems to occur due to the plugin treating the arguments as an array, which it isn't, in this case.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined    at Function.BattleManager.actionCollapse (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:1026)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:771)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:530)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:585)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionList (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1369)    at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1213)    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)    at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3056)

The action sequence I'm using is as follows:
<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, truecamera focus: user, center, 20zoom: 150%, 20wait for camerawait for zoomif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   motion walk: user   move user: targets, front, 20   wait for movementendif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() === 'missile'   perform start   wait for movementendif user.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: user, whitenend</setup action><whole action></whole action><target action>if user.isActor() === true   motion attack: userendcamera focus: target, center, 10wait for cameraattack animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetif target.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: target, blinkend</target action><follow action></follow action><finish action>clear battle logimmortal: targets, falsecollapse: targetswait for effectif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   face user: home   motion walk: user   move user: home, 20endreset camera: 20reset zoom: 20wait for camerawait for zoomwait for movementperform finishwait for movement</finish action>

Thanks for finding the bug! This should fix it:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js