Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001

1,051 answers to this question

Just to let you guys know, I've updated Battle Engine Core to v1.05.

Now, there's a new target typing: character x

It will detect in the player party if an actor with actor ID x is present and use that actor specifically, allowing you guys to do combo skills with specific actors. :D

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js v1.05

And if you guys want the updated help files:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js

Happy RPG Making!

Just like Chrono Trigger or Suikoden! I might have to consider using this. Thanks Yanfly!

Also, to anyone who sees this. I found an issue. Not sure what is going wrong on my end. But it has to do with the "Counter Attack" skill. Sometimes, when my playet counters, the enemy Shifts downward really fast. Not sure if this is because my enemies are using the same attack formula as my players, when they jump and attack. perhaps counter attack steals up the timeframe of the action and causes a frame skip? Video example below:

Edited by Anime_Fusion

@Sindaine: Hey there. Can you put your sequence in spoilers so it doesn't take up too much of the space? :P Thanks you!

And as for your question, I'm fairly certain what you're trying to do is doable, I did come across a guide Yanfly posted up, perhaps you could find your answer there?

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=5b384122eea0ef60&page=view&resid=5B384122EEA0EF60!1566&parId=5B384122EEA0EF60!131&authkey=!ADifjezQXuL8DSg&app=Word

I'm assuming it's one of the target actions, such as "move user: actor x" or something like that from within the guide. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the tip. I edited my previous post. I've been looking at the link you sent me. Unfortunately, I still haven't got it to work. Thanks again though.

Sindaine

Just like Chrono Trigger or Suikoden! I might have to consider using this. Thanks Yanfly!

Also, to anyone who sees this. I found an issue. Not sure what is going wrong on my end. But it has to do with the "Counter Attack" skill. Sometimes, when my playet counters, the enemy Shifts downward really fast. Not sure if this is because my enemies are using the same attack formula as my players, when they jump and attack. perhaps counter attack steals up the timeframe of the action and causes a frame skip? Video example below:

That's rather odd. I can't seem to replicate that.

Anime_Fusion likes this

Thanks for finding the bug! This should fix it:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js

Thanks! Can confirm the action sequence works... mostly. Now it seems that enemies don't actually collapse until the end of the round (i.e., just before the command menu reappears), and quite honestly I'm stumped. The enemies don't seem to still be properly alive; other actors that were targetting that enemy will now target a new one, and that enemy won't take its turn if it hasn't already, but the sprite still remains on screen until the round ends. (This is using the same action sequence as before; any solution I try seems to just break it more unfortunately.)

Hi there, I've been using the standard action sequence that Yanfly added for normal attacks. But my issue that when I apply the same sequence to my basic skills they play out as the normal animation. One skill uses the 'Slash Fire' animation, but with the sequence added in it uses the normal attack animation. Any idea on how to fix that so it uses the allocated animation and not the weapon animation? Thanks.

That's rather odd. I can't seem to replicate that.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the animation set on the enemy. I believe that counter attack overrides the finishing duration of the enemy, so it appears they go back in formation, but are still by character. I'm going to mess with it. and see if I can find a solution. It's not a huge deal, can't be too complex to fix!

Actually, how is the counter attack animation determined? If it is like attack and linked to a skill, Maybe I can mess with the counter timing to fix the issue?

Edited by Anime_Fusion

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the animation set on the enemy. I believe that counter attack overrides the finishing duration of the enemy, so it appears they go back in formation, but are still by character. I'm going to mess with it. and see if I can find a solution. It's not a huge deal, can't be too complex to fix!

Actually, how is the counter attack animation determined? If it is like attack and linked to a skill, Maybe I can mess with the counter timing to fix the issue?

I have been inquiring about difficulties with counter attacks for two days, and all my messages have gone unanswered. It's screwed up with just basic counter attacks as well, having nothing to do with an additional skill.  But I've yet to get any answer about it at all...

Anime_Fusion likes this

I have been inquiring about difficulties with counter attacks for two days, and all my messages have gone unanswered. It's screwed up with just basic counter attacks as well, having nothing to do with an additional skill.  But I've yet to get any answer about it at all...

Damn. Well, i'll keep digging and if I find anything i'll let you know. Hopefully, it gets looked at if it's not just me then!

I've been trying to replicate and solve the whole counter mess but I haven't had much luck. Sorry folks. (I'm not using counter at all in my game either, so I guess I had really run into the issue)

Anyone know how to cast animation just on the map, like in the center? Thanks!

Example:

<Target Action>

motion chant: user

zoom: 120%, 30

wait for zoom

Cast animation 139, map?

wait for animation

camera focus: target

zoom: 120%, 30

wait for zoom

@Anime_Fusion: I'm sure you could accomplish that by being creative with the actual animation in the database no? Setting it to "SCREEN" and adjusting the size of it?

Edit: Although...adding that option to the action sequences would be pretty cool.

I'm sure in a long-winded way, you could still do it...

For example, if you're using Opacity in your skills, and you're doing "opacity not focus: 0%" you could then move one of your allies who are invisible to the middle, and then cast the animation on them.

Wait until the animation is done, and then move the invisible ally back to their home spot, then at the end of the skill, you could reset the opacity with "opacity not focus: 100%  and boom...problem solved! :D

Edited by Fernyfer775

I've been trying to replicate and solve the whole counter mess but I haven't had much luck. Sorry folks. (I'm not using counter at all in my game either, so I guess I had really run into the issue)

I had hoped maybe Yanfly would pop up to give either some advice, or some kind of solution...  I'm not normally one to yell out "bug" the first time something doesn't work as expected, but I'm starting to think this might qualify...

As far as replicating, just assign a 100% counterattack state to a character, and in battle have an enemy that just does a basic attack against that character.  As I said, I don;t hae anything fancy or any other plugins other than the whole suite (well 98%) of Yanfly plugins.  Only made the one basic attack action sequence (actually copy & pasted from here)... No other fancy skills, or weapons, or anything... Basic of the most basic.

Edited by wizaerd

Hey guys, sorry of this has been answered/is a noob question.

Ok, so I have an item that my character finds at some point. The item is a gun that teaches him a Special ability to fire it in combat. Note an item, not a weapon. His weapon is a cane to begin with.

How would I set it up so that it looks like he fires a gun when he uses this particular ability?

Edit: another question. How would I implement it so that ability can only be used three times?

Edited by Lynks

Hey guys, sorry of this has been answered/is a noob question.

Ok, so I have an item that my character finds at some point. The item is a gun that teaches him a Special ability to fire it in combat. Note an item, not a weapon. His weapon is a cane to begin with.

How would I set it up so that it looks like he fires a gun when he uses this particular ability?

Edit: another question. How would I implement it so that ability can only be used three times?

gun.png

One way you could do it, is set it up like this, then just add 3 to your inventory. Each one could represent the bullet! <easiest way I can think of. You would have to add a formula for attack dmg though. forgot to do that lol.

Edited by Anime_Fusion

Okay, so this just started last night and I have no clue why. I even restarted my computer. Even with death break in the formula, my enemies aren't dying til the end of a turn instead of skill end. So I have have, let's say a rat with 120 hp. After getting attacked by 4 characters and even stacking upwards to 9999 damage. It still won't die til end turn. I haven't changed anything and this only JUST started happening. Would it be a computer issue? Maybe my resources are getting to large in my game file? If anyone has experienced this issue, please let me know if you found a solution. Thanks!

UPDATE: I updated all Yanfly plug-ins and now it works fine. If you have this issue, get the plug-ins at:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/

Edited by Anime_Fusion

how do i make it so my enemies die and disappear at the end instead of in the middle of the attack when my guy is hitting them?

you have to turn off the immortal flag. a death break command should handle it. 

I would use the default skill settings to target random enemies. What are you trying to do in particular. If you set up the skill in the database to target random, the action sequences should honor that scope.

You might need to share your skill set up in the DB, as well as the code you are using in your sequence.

Edited by erikmidnatt

Hi there,

I've made a skill that is supposed to make the user turn invisible, making them harder to hit. The skill works as I want it to; it changes the opacity of the user and sets a "Invisible" state to the user. The problem I'm having is, of course when the state wears off, I need the user to become visible again. Is there any way to achieve this?

<setup action>

display action
perform start

</setup action>

<target action>
motion abnormal: user
motion wait: user
opacity user: 20%, 60
Wait for opacity
add state 19: user, show
death break

</target action>

Fernyfer775 likes this

Hello, i am making a game for nearly more than 8 months and is finally ready, but i have one last thing and a crucial problem to solve,

i am not good with action sequences (animations are finished), and this is the last thing i have to do so i can test the game and finish the project.

So here is the deal, can someone with good will, do the sequence actions of the main characters for me?

The compensation i can certainly give is a free copy of the game when it launchs on steam, and of course a mention and thanks in the game credits.

In the skill itself, under "Skill Type" if it's a Magic or Skill type and in your system settings, you have either of those two listed in the top right hand corner under [sV] Magic Skills then the little magic casting animation will play.

Thank you so much for this! I'm creating a summon and was desperate for my battler to start chanting right from the off and this totally works

Fernyfer775 likes this

Here's a small preview of some of the abilities I've come up with in my game. I'm getting the hang of this whole action sequence thing! :D

If anybody wants some tips on how to create sequences, feel free to ask, I am having a blast with these!

I was wondering how you called your "Passives" in that video. :) I really like your system.

Shiro117 and Fernyfer775 like this

So, my skills have voice acting, and some of the skills have a phrase before the animation actually start, i don't know how to make the sequences begin after these few seconds when the skill really begin.

Someone can help me?