Blue001

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Question

As Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequences 1-3 basically add a new type of resource to the game that can be created/shared/requested (in the form of completed action sequences), I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can share any sequences that they would like, and maybe have people also be able to request to see how certain sequences could be done.

For example, if someone figures out how to do a omnislash like sequence and would like to share it, they now have a place.

Be sure to thank/credit whomever created a sequence if you use it in your game.

Please include a note on if the end user will need to have action sequence plugin 1, 2, 3 or all of them for the shared sequence.

- For example, User SOC shared the following sequence (in another thread) to make your character swing their weapon when using the skill that contains this notetag.

SWING WEAPON WHEN USING THIS SKILL<Target Action>motion swing: userperform actionmotion wait: useraction animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetdeath breakperform finish</Target Action>

It seems simple, but to some users, they may look at this an get confused, especially when trying to make it on their own. Having examples they can copy/paste to achieve a desired effect will help a lot.

A big thank you to Yanfly for creating the plugins!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Jump to Some Specific Attack Type Examples in this thread

FF7 Deathblow

Yanfly's Penta Slash

Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals

Dragoon Jump

Five Different Hand To Hand Attacks

Actions For Slash Special 2 Animation

Actions For Slash Special 3 Animation

Dual Cast (If State is On)

Yanfly's Official Steal Animation

Edited by Blue001

1,051 answers to this question

If you're getting individualized damage after using whole sequences, that's probably because the target sequences are still in their default state. What you'll want to do is something like:

<whole action>

do all your fancy stuff here

</whole action>

<target action>

</target action>

And just leave the target action empty.

Thanks so much for this Yanfly!

Hey Dragonhart2,

Yanfly does monitor this section so if it is a bug, I'm sure they'll be right on top of it. They make amazing plugins and almost instantly address issues! Can't thank enough the scripters like Yanfly for bringing us these plugins for free!

In the meantime, try switching the target typing around a bit and see what you get. Instead of animation: target, try opponents, or eneimies. It might make a difference.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

If you're getting individualized damage after using whole sequences, that's probably because the target sequences are still in their default state. What you'll want to do is something like:

<whole action>

do all your fancy stuff here

</whole action>

<target action>

</target action>

And just leave the target action empty.

Hi Yanfly and Sindaine.

I tried Yanfly's solution and it worked. Thank you so much for your patience. Added to knowledgebase. :D

Edited by dragonhart2

Hey guys, I feel I have a decent understanding of this, even managed to pull off a combo system (through common events), but that was only after see some tutorials.

But that leaves me with one issue... Yanfly put together an awesome doc. about these, but I still don't know what can be used in which phase. 

For example. I want my melee character to use a certain SE (before he moves to attack) is that only possible in the target action phase or any? If I could figure out when and where I could use things, I'd be set I think...

If this doesn't make any sense, let me know. I'm terrible at explanations of things lol.

EDIT: simple testing and I figured it out lol. basically i wanted the character to say something them attack. sorry everyone, still figuring out what i can and can't do with these.

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

se: 1attack1

wait: 30

</setup action>

<target action>

se: Wind4

opacity user: 0%, 5

move user: target, front, 5

wait for opacity

opacity user: 100%, 5

wait for opacity

motion attack: user

wait: 10

se: 1skill

action animation

shake screen: 3, 9, 10

ani wait: 5

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

</target action>

<follow action>

</follow action>

<finish action>

immortal: targets, false

clear battle log

perform finish

wait for movement

action common event

</finish action>

EDIT:

Actually, one issue... sorry to keep posting, but I still can't get rid of that pesky casting animation for melee attacks. Do I have to make them not as skills or something? I read earlier in the topic, but even this (a modded version of the posted Power Punch), still does it.

Edited by zerobeat032
Alluria likes this

EDIT:

Actually, one issue... sorry to keep posting, but I still can't get rid of that pesky casting animation for melee attacks. Do I have to make them not as skills or something? I read earlier in the topic, but even this (a modded version of the posted Power Punch), still does it.

There's a parameter in the plug-in that lets you set a default animation for the start of different attacks. You can switch the animation to something else or shut it off completely from parameters.

zerobeat032 likes this

Thanks a lot. Now my melee people don't stand there chanting before attacks. Though, I'm not sure what changed it. I made a new skill type and for ONLY that skill type, the character will sit still till he attacks. If I set the skill under the original 2 types I had before, he'll do the casting animation waving his arms lol. Actually I just tested it again WITH no animation for physical hits... same thing. He'll chant under the original types, but not the 3rd. Very odd...

Thanks a lot. Now my melee people don't stand there chanting before attacks. Though, I'm not sure what changed it. I made a new skill type and for ONLY that skill type, the character will sit still till he attacks. If I set the skill under the original 2 types I had before, he'll do the casting animation waving his arms lol. Actually I just tested it again WITH no animation for physical hits... same thing. He'll chant under the original types, but not the 3rd. Very odd...

Hey,

Check out the red box in the picture in your data base under system. Any skill type in that box will have the "chanting" at the beginning of the action by default.

post-5404-0-82542600-1447408393_thumb.jp

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

zerobeat032 likes this

@ Sindaine, lol thanks. I can't believe I looked over something that simple as to getting rid of those... Now it makes sense. 

I'm slowly learning Sequences so soon I'll hopefully be able to help others by posting my own!

Sindaine likes this

Question:  Is it really impossible to make an Enemy perform a Jump or a Float?

Because it doesn't seem to work for me.  Has that been patched into the newer versions, or is it just not there period?

@Aegix Drakan: You can totally make them jump or float. What is the notetag you're using?

It should look something like

Jump target: height, frames

Target being WHO you want to make jump, This depends on if the enemy is using the skill or the player's character. If the enemy is using the skill and you want the enemy to jump, then that would be USER. If the player is using the skill and you want the enemy to jump, then that would say TARGET.

Height is pretty obvious :P

Frames is how long you want the jump to be. This includes both the ascending and descending portions of the jump. 

Edited by Fernyfer775

Question:  Is it really impossible to make an Enemy perform a Jump or a Float?

Because it doesn't seem to work for me.  Has that been patched into the newer versions, or is it just not there period?

For skills or normal attacks?

I tried using this tag for normal attacks.

<setup action>

jump user: 30, 20

move user: target, front, 20

wait for movement

face user: target

wait: 20

</setup action>

For skills, I believe you can make them jump when you add same tags to the skills they use.

Messed around a bit some more, and it seems to be a conflict with the Animated Battlers script I'm using.  >_>

When I remove it, my enemy sprites jump like they should.

Sorry for clogging up the thread.

Edited by Aegix Drakan

Messed around a bit some more, and it seems to be a conflict with the Animated Battlers script I'm using.  >_>

When I remove it, my enemy sprites jump like they should.

Sorry for clogging up the thread.

I've been alerted of this problem. it appears the plugin in question didn't alias any functions, which causes it to override a lot of things. I'll be making a version of animated enemies that will be compatible with my own plugins.

When i use the action animation command in the end of all action the animation of the skill still play, giving an impression of duplicate, someone can help me to make the skill animation play just one time?

@Alluria: I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to do. 

Is the skill a single target or multiple target ability?

If it's single, then use:

<target action>

</target action> 

If it's for multi-targets, then you use:

<whole action>

</whole action>

For your sequences. Do note! IF you are using the <target> sequence, you need to make sure the animation in the database is NOT set to "screen" or it will play multiple times.

styx92 and Alluria like this

@Fernyfer775: Thank you so much Fernyfer, i did it, now i can complete all of my skills, i am really grateful for your help.

Fernyfer775 likes this

I wanted to show two of my simple action sequences, they are all fairly simple but look rather nice if I say so myself!  :)

First, Jump Shot! (The user jumps then shoots the target mid-air and the knock-back sends them back to the original position while in the air before they land.)

<whole action>

jump user: 200, 120

motion missile: user

</whole action>

Secondly, Dizzy Spin! (The user spins a bit then falls over and both the target and the user get confused.)

<whole action>

face user: forward

wait: 6

face user: backward

</whole action>

<target action>

animation 63: user

add state 8: user

motion dead: user

animation 63: target

add state 8: target

motion wait: user

motion victory: user

</target action>

Edited by Kloe

Has anyone figured out how to make an intro set up?

Like.. maybe having one character jump in from one side, make another run in from another side, maybe have one fall from the sky?

I been having hell wrapping my brain around these plugins.

Has anyone figured out how to make an intro set up?

Like.. maybe having one character jump in from one side, make another run in from another side, maybe have one fall from the sky?

I been having hell wrapping my brain around these plugins.

What do you specifically want?

At the very beginning of the battle, just having them jump in from the right side off the screen into their proper positions.

If it's something i can do, i'll wrap my brain around it..

I managed to do just fine with sequences in... some specific scripts i used in ace...

Xeno_Salazar likes this

Here's the Jump effect:

<target action>

camera focus: user

zoom: 110%, 30

wait for zoom

move user: forward, 48, 12

opacity not focus: 0, 20

wait for opacity

se: Wind10

float user: 600%, 10

wait for float

wait for opacity

move user: target, front, 5

wait for movement

wait for opacity

float user: 0%, 10

wait for float

action animation

shake screen: 3, 9, 10

action effect

immortal: target, false

Wait 30

reset zoom: 10

reset camera: 10

jump user: 200%, 10

move user: home, 5

wait for animation

wait for movement

</target action>

<follow action>

zoom: 100%, 60

opacity not focus: 100%, 60

wait for opacity

</follow action>

And as addition I also came up with a little multi-bounce for an AOE jump attack which I think is kind of fun:

<whole action>

camera focus: user

zoom: 110%, 30

wait for zoom

move user: forward, 48, 12

se: Wind10

float user: 600%, 10

wait for float

wait for opacity

move user: targets, back, 5

wait for movement

wait for opacity

float user: 0%, 10

wait for float

action animation

shake screen: 3, 9, 30

move user: targets, front center, 5

wait for movement

action animation

move user: targets, front head, 5

wait for movement

action animation

action effect

immortal: target, false

Wait 30

reset zoom: 10

reset camera: 10

move user: home, 5

wait for animation

wait for movement

</whole action>

<follow action>

zoom: 100%, 60

opacity not focus: 100%, 60

wait for opacity

</follow action>

Im trying to import some of the skills of this thread, however appears a message saying: "Object is not a function" and the game closes (only in some skills) what im doing wrong?

Edited by Eisenwain

Hey everyone, I've figured out a couple of things, but I was wondering how you guys are getting targets into the air... I basically wanted my melee character to do a simple 3 hit combo on an airborne foe. Like the uppercut earlier, but for then my character to jump up and follow with 3 dashing punches. Basically like the One-Two punch but in the air and starting from the front. 

Oh I also took Stratoforce's One-Two and came up with a dash thru sweep/tackle of sorts? Maybe someone will find a use for it as it's simple to do, and uses default Sweep Animation.

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

se: 1attack3

wait: 30

</setup action>

<target action>

se: Wind4

opacity user: 0%, 20

move user: target, back, 20

wait for opacity

opacity user: 100%, 15

wait for opacity

action animation

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

wait: 10

move user: target, front base, 5

wait for movement

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

<follow action>

</follow action>

<finish action>

immortal: targets, false

clear battle log

perform finish

wait for movement

</finish action>

Edited by zerobeat032

I'm having trouble with AOE attacks. So they work but the problem is this after the action sequence happens...

It adds another hit to everyone of the enemies....

@shiro117: I'm going to assume you're having the same issue that the person about 4-5 posts above was having. I'm going to re-post how I previously answered the other inquiry:

If it's single, then use:

<target action

</target action>

If it's for multi-targets, then you use:

<whole action>

</whole action>

For your sequences. Do note! IF you are using <target action> the sequence, you need to make sure the animation in the database is NOT set to "screen" or it will play multiple times.