• LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

CP's Battle Engine v1.2b

Created by Neon Black

What is it?
This is my own custom battle engine. I wanted to change how battles looked and one thing led to another and the next thing I knew I had an entire battle system. This battle system has 5 different view modes (which you can actually switch in game!) as well as several little tweaks and bugfixes (and by this I mean a few pretty major tweaks). I'm also going to be creating add-ons for this which hopefully will make it fairly simple to use.

As mentioned, this script has 5 different view types that change how battle are displayed. Here is a list of several of the other changes in no particular order:

Spoiler

How can I use it?
Place this script above main and below materials. This script has a whole slew of settings to change it's appearance and it's use and to modify quite a few different aspects of battle. Here I will just go over the notebox tags that can be used and will leave the config options to the header.

Monster Tags

Spoiler

Actor/Class Tags - Note that actor tags take priority when both are present on an actor

Spoiler

Monster and Actor/Class Tags

Spoiler

Skill Tags

Spoiler

Weapon Tags

Spoiler

Actor/Class Command Tags:

Spoiler

What does it look like?

Spoiler

What does it work with?
Well obviously this will not work with other battle systems. I can't say for sure it will or won't work with certain add-ons, though it's most likely it won't work with VISUAL add-ons. Other add-ons should work fine. I do plan to make add-ons for this to support different battle styles and I welcome any compatible add-ons.

This script is NOT compatible with Tankentai, nor do I plan to make it compatible.

Current house set compatible scripts:

Other known compatible scripts:
-None submitted yet!-

How can I get the script?
Version 1.2b (base script, 1.14.2013) is available from my pastebin account here.

I would like to use this code.
80x15.png
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.

Author's Disclaimer:
I made this script originally because I had liked how battles were displayed in RPG Maker XP and wanted a similar system for Ace. In the end I decided to add a few different visual styles to give the user some customization options. I kept adding things to give more customization as well as upgrading things I felt like Ace could have done better. I think the end result is pretty nicely put together and gives the user a lot more useful options to choose from.

As mentioned I will be creating add-ons for this script (I plan to add animated battlers, sideview, ATB, and charge turn add-ons at least). If you have any battle add-ons that are compatible that you would like me to mention above, feel free to ask. Credits go to Archeia and Penta for the battlers in the mode 3 screenshots. As always, enjoy.

Edited by Neon Black, 07 February 2013 - 08:14 PM.

• Archeia, Dr.Yami, ShinGamix and 8 others like this

#2 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageIndonesian

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

can this script compatible with tankentai script?

Member of

ryugas10.png

My Project (take this userbar if you want to support me :D )

userba10.png

#3 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Is there an Ace version of tankentai I don't know about?

#4 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I looked at the script and was expecting to see different battle window classes for each mode, but when I traced the battle_style variable I didn't see it really being used. How are you deciding what to draw?

Edited by Tsukihime, 11 September 2012 - 07:42 PM.

My Scripts. Go here for Bugs and Requests.
Want to write a tutorial? Submit a community tutorial!

himeworks011.png

Like on Facebook: HimeWorks
Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates! @HimeWorks

#5 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

They all use the same window, they just draw them differently or in different locations. There are actually no new windows and I don't discontinue the use of any windows. For example, look at lines 535-539. While the mode is set to mode 1 (default), the spacing is set to 32 (default). While it's in mode 2, the spacing is removed since I calculate the locations of the data elsewhere. And in modes 3 and 4 it's set to standard_padding times 2 so the spacing is the same between each battler. There are a few reasons I did this, the main one being so add-ons wouldn't need to define each window. This would also (hopefully) increase the chances of older scripts being compatible.

EDIT: Oh, and the variable itself isn't being used because I found it easier to use the method "CP::BATTLERS.style" to determine the current style. So both the constant and the variable are only referenced twice.

Edited by Neon Black, 11 September 2012 - 07:53 PM.

• Dark Lord likes this

#6 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

@neon
here's the demo of tankentai RMVXA...
can u compatible it?

Member of

ryugas10.png

userba10.png

#7 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Nope, I don't believe my script is compatible with Tankentai, nor do I see myself making it compatible any time soon considering there's no rhyme or reason for them to be made compatible. Unless you can tell me WHY you want them to be compatible. Tankentai already has a status window like my mode 2 (I made that mode because it seemed popular). What from my script do you want exactly? Because there were one or two things I was going to mimic in a lightweight form anyway....

#8 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

i'm using yanfly battle system
that mode 2 from yanfly battle system...
delete that yanfly script...
i want this battle system...
because i want that mode 4

Edited by Deenos, 13 September 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Member of

ryugas10.png

userba10.png

#9 Xypher

Xypher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Looks epic. 1 question though.
What does CP stand for.

#10 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

i'm using yanfly battle system
that mode 2 from yanfly battle system...
delete that yanfly script...
i want this battle system...
because i want that mode 4

Unfortunately, I probably won't be making these compatible anytime soon. Sorry.

Looks epic. 1 question though.
What does CP stand for.

Thanks! And CP is my name.

#11 Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageArabic

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Great! this looks like some thing new and having the abbility to change how battles look like is good addition :)

#12 Swish

Swish

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguagePolish

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

You should update this script with waiting time after final blow. When you deal last hit, victory screen (or when enemy hits you - game over screen) comes before damage is shown. This is little thing, but pretty annoying.

Edited by Swish, 16 September 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#13 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

You should update this script with waiting time after final blow. When you deal last hit, victory screen (or when enemy hits you - game over screen) comes before damage is shown. This is little thing, but pretty annoying.

I can't replicate this error with just the base script in any modes. Are you using my victory or pop-up scripts? And which mode does this happen in?

#14 Swish

Swish

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguagePolish

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

I can't replicate this error with just the base script in any modes. Are you using my victory or pop-up scripts? And which mode does this happen in?

No matter if I use your victory script or default one, it's still the same. I'm using 4th mode.

#15 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

No matter if I use your victory script or default one, it's still the same. I'm using 4th mode.

So the victory screen pops up before the last enemy is defeated? What other scripts are you using? Gonna need to be able to replicate it before I can fix it.

#16 Swish

Swish

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguagePolish

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

So the victory screen pops up before the last enemy is defeated? What other scripts are you using? Gonna need to be able to replicate it before I can fix it.

Victory screen pop ups at the sime time as damage popup over last enemy...
Uhh the problem is with "vitor's skip log" and "Victor's battle popup" scripts compatibility.

Edited by Swish, 17 September 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#17 earthboundfanboy121

earthboundfanboy121

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Does this work with ace tankentai?

#18 Acetonide

Acetonide

Event Coordinator

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMy Imagination, Michigan, USA
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Sorry I can't tell you what the error was specifically, but I left my flash drive at home so I don't have the information with me.

When I was using this script I had animations play on a map (for something like a cut-scene) it gives and error. I have tested it in a blank project with only this script.

My IGMC Entry; Solo Shooter (Thread && Updates). Please take a look. (:

On Flipping Tables (In memory of the events (which I missed) between the 8th and the 12th of August, 2012):

Spoiler

#19 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Sorry I can't tell you what the error was specifically, but I left my flash drive at home so I don't have the information with me.

When I was using this script I had animations play on a map (for something like a cut-scene) it gives and error. I have tested it in a blank project with only this script.

Not unlikely that this happened. I did modify how animations display so they properly show on "dead" actors. I never thought this would cause issues on the map, so I didn't test it. I'll have this issue solved by tomorrow at the latest (assuming I can reproduce it). If you can get me the exact error message before then it will help. Thanks for spotting this.

EDIT: Someone gave me the line the error was on at my blog, so I got it fixed up. It was a 1 line fix as I guessed. Get the latest version from my pastebin (version 1.0a).

Edited by Neon Black, 16 October 2012 - 08:28 PM.

• Acetonide likes this

#20 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts
  • LocationEastern US
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSarcasm

User's Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Script has been updated from version 1.0a to version 1.1. Here are some of the changes.

View mode 5 has been added. This view mode is meant to look similar to RPG Maker VX and RPG Maker 2000. This includes the info window being used display battle info as well as display the skill and item submenus, certain motions being "less refined" than Ace's, and a few other small things.

Added the "attack skill[x]" tag to weapons. You can now tag a weapon with this and while equipped, the actor's attack skill becomes the skill with ID "x". This takes priority over similar class and actor tags.

Removed compatibility with Foe Info View and Pop-ups version 1.1 and earlier. Battle Pop-ups version 1.2 to function normally. Support for older versions has been discontinued (due to Scan Enemy).

Fixed an issue where skill and item windows counted the wrong number of lines when being drawn shorter than usual.

Numerous other small bug fixes and tweaks.
  • Acetonide likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CPBE, Battle System, Bugfix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users