Photo

Screen Size to 640x480

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 MISTER BIG T

MISTER BIG T

King of Sadism

• Members
  • 629 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

I think I've ran into a really nasty compability issue where Victor's Pixel movement and Yanfly's core engine's 640x480 resolution clash. If I have like stairs and go down on them, the transfer happens as intended but if I walk back to the stair back up, I just walk through the stairs. To be able to get the transfers working, you have to walk enough so that the screen moves even once, then it somehow fixes this whole issue.

As this is a downright game breaking bug, I am looking for suggestions on how to deal with this.

bigg.jpg

Shadow, my first game I ever made in 2001 is finally released to public here!

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

#2 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 6,159 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

What is your map size? Unless it's like 20x15 (or something) minimum then there would be some...display issues.

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

FK6sdj2.png || ZKYFctv.png

Script Call Collection || RMVXA Damage Flow || RMVXA Tips and Tricks 

9z3sTnf.png
"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

#3 Genii Benedict

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

What is your map size? Unless it's like 20x15 (or something) minimum then there would be some...display issues.

I think you're right - there's some notes in the script that mention a minimum map size of 20x15 when using the new resolution of 640x480. The standard map size for 544x416 is 17x13 tiles.
"Hello?! I've just shot somebody! I did it on purpose... ...I said, I have just murdered a man, and I wish to confess!!" - Benedict, The Last Action Hero

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Sharpe

Sharpe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Also, double check to make certain your transfer event for the stairs up isn't set to below player. Happens to the best.

#5 MISTER BIG T

MISTER BIG T

King of Sadism

• Members
  • 629 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

I think you're right - there's some notes in the script that mention a minimum map size of 20x15 when using the new resolution of 640x480. The standard map size for 544x416 is 17x13 tiles.

21x23 is my size. All my maps are the standard size for the 640x480 minimum.

Also, double check to make certain your transfer event for the stairs up isn't set to below player. Happens to the best.

What's this got to do with it? :o

If I move around on a spot with transfer event after another transfer, I can't transfer again. However, after I move a bit and the map scrolls even once, the same transfer now works.

Edited by MISTER BIG T, 13 September 2012 - 02:17 PM.

bigg.jpg

@drbigt

#6 Neon Black

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute

• Member+
  • 678 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Wait, are you transferring on top of the new transfer event? If you're transferring on top of it and the trigger is "player touch" then you need to move off of it before it will work again. I don't know if "event touch" works the same way as the one from the old 2k(3), but you might try switching to that if you're wanting it to do something when you're transferred on top of it.

If I have like stairs and go down on them....

Heh heh....

Edited by Neon Black, 13 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#7 MISTER BIG T

MISTER BIG T

King of Sadism

• Members
  • 629 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Wait, are you transferring on top of the new transfer event? If you're transferring on top of it and the trigger is "player touch" then you need to move off of it before it will work again. I don't know if "event touch" works the same way as the one from the old 2k(3), but you might try switching to that if you're wanting it to do something when you're transferred on top of it.

I'm not transfering the player on top of the transfer event. I also tried the event touch but it didn't work, you still have to move away so that the screen scrolls once before you can transfer again.

bigg.jpg

@drbigt

#8 MISTER BIG T

MISTER BIG T

King of Sadism

• Members
  • 629 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

I guess I have to be without Yanfly core and try and find another resolution script that does the same functionality. :(

bigg.jpg

@drbigt