25 posts in this topic

I'm so glad this project is still on-going. I thought you had abandoned it. ^_^

This game looks really awesome!! I can't wait for future updates! Hopefully we can some more beautiful screenshots from you, eh :D :D hehe

Hey thanks! I'm actually in the process of porting this to Ace, so hopefully I'll have some new stuff up soon.

I've downloaded the demo and am playing it now, but I initially had some issues with the fonts and had to patch it up by adding a "Fonts" folder in to the main game directory. After that, I had to paste the required files in to there so the text would show up in game. I'd suggest updating your demo with the same patch to prevent others from having to do what I did. :)

EDIT: Played a little bit of the demo and I have to say, there certainly seems to be a lot going on in terms of character movements. The graphics and said movements look very nice and really add depth to the character's personalities. One thing I would have to criticize though, are the voices in the battles. While I enjoyed Felix's little slip up moment in battle the first time, seeing him do it again and again became an annoyance and very quickly lost its luster. As for Drake's battle movements, they were fine, but my suggestion would be to add some more movement sequences like you did for each character and set it on a randomizer so that the actions don't end up dulling themselves out. Other than that, this looks to be a very nice production. Good work. :)

Edited by Arlic von Vaelli

OP has been updated to reflect the MASSIVE STORY CHANGES. So check it out if you please!

Remember to put Thalzon in your credit list?

Also, I am wondering. I see that you you have graphics from maplestory and music from oblivion.

Won't that be troublesome?

Anyway, it seems like an interesting game. I am contemplated playing the demo.

Where do I find the font download?

Ah right enough, I'm not actually using Thalzon's battlers in the game anymore though, but I should add it in for the screens.

As for MapleStory & Oblivion, it's all good, I'm not selling the game anyway.

Also, the font file should be inside the download folder.

OP's 'Story' section has been again updated to reflect minor changes to the plot. And yes it's Star Warsy but there you go.

Wow this looks amazing! I especially like the atmposphere in the rainy map, and the fires from the burning houses looks extremely awesome! I'm gonna try this out later :)

Thanks! you should know that the demo is now EXTREMELY OUTDATED given the massive story changes - Drake's identity being not so much a twist anymore, no more Felix - Cyril isn't even in the demo, haha. But give it a spin, I may take it down in a few days and that might actually make me work a little harder xD

[EDIT]

Also, here's the new opening scene. For those of you who have played the old demo, let me know how it fares versus the long, drawn out scene from the first time. Feedback'd be lovely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6Ap_X26Ss&feature=youtu.be

Edited by atomic

Thanks! you should know that the demo is now EXTREMELY OUTDATED given the massive story changes - Drake's identity being not so much a twist anymore, no more Felix - Cyril isn't even in the demo, haha. But give it a spin, I may take it down in a few days and that might actually make me work a little harder xD

[EDIT]

Also, here's the new opening scene. For those of you who have played the old demo, let me know how it fares versus the long, drawn out scene from the first time. Feedback'd be lovely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6Ap_X26Ss&feature=youtu.be

Wow.. what can I say. I hate to admit it, but when I watch epic stuff like that I feel a bit ashamed of my own project..

The atmosphere you have captured is so intense, and I'm kinda speechless.

I have always wondered how to change the brightness like that though, but I have to say that everything you have done there is absolutely fantastic! Just by seeing that opening scene makes me want to just start it up and be on my way! I'm glad I found this post, and I support this to the fullest! Very well done!

Looks great! Can't wait to give it a try   :D

Edited by Zachy

I am loving your Parallax Mapping! Makes me feel ashamed to look at mine :P

Anyway, game looks real awesome!

Finally found the topic for this game!!!! I saw the opening video for Blood Shards on Charlie Fleed's fav video list and been looking for this for an hour or so. The opening is epic.

edit:

FelixBttle2.png

Is this the battle system? I was expecting something more from the way the opening was so epic>!

Also is this going to be a commercial game?

Edited by ShinGamix

Yup, front view all the way :) doesn't make it any less epic. If anything, Thalzon's battlers are much nicer than most monster sprites out there anyway.

Glad you liked what you saw though :)

Wow this game looks great! I wanted to try the demo but my download permission is denied. Is there another link? Thanks ;)

Wow this game looks great! I wanted to try the demo but my download permission is denied. Is there another link? Thanks ;)

I don't know if it's on mediafire anymore, I haven't checked that demo in the longest of times!

If however, you wait until the 4th-6thish, there'll be a new demo out for RSW that'll reflect the story changes. The old one is really, really, really outdated now anyway, so much so that it's pretty much a different game altogether D: so yeah. There'll be a new one out in around a weeks time.

Thank you for the interest!

A new demo..ALRIGHT!!! Can't wait.

Oh I just love the dark scenery! And that boat is so cool looking, can't wait to play it.

This looks great! I love your tiles!

Aw man, I need to update this thread now. Check out the demo in the RSW forum, the link here doesn't lead you to that one.

Also Torchblaze, tiles aren't mine. They're a mishmash of all sorts. Take a look at the credits list if you wanna find them :)

Edited by Gorlami

Aight main post is totally updated, with link to new demo and an all new 'World' section with details on factions and regions of Tiriya.

There's also a demo guide if anyone is struggling.

and no I dunno what's going on with the fonts but I'm tired so I'll change it laters~

This looks really good. I'll try out the demo and let you know what I think.

Quigon likes this

When I click on the link to download, it comes up with a 404 page for Dropbox. :S

Quigon likes this

Oops, my bad, looks like I had snipped a bit off of the link when copying and pasting. It's fixed now.