Yanfly

Yanfly [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins | NEWEST: Extended Doodad Pack 1 | Plugin Count: 122+

5,719 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2015 at 8:15 AM, Yanfly said:

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

To make a bug report, simply report it in this thread. Chances are, I will find out about the bug in this thread than by making one in the JS Support forum.

ALL bug reports MUST follow these guidelines and use this template: 

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.)

Error Report: (If you received an error message, press F8 when the message is received to open up the debug console, then copy/paste the entire error log and paste it here).

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

Follow these Instructions. All steps MUST be followed or I will require you to redo it.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project. If I do not see an empty project with Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius, I will not look any further.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the EXACT order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/. The ordering of plugins is important.
7. Recreate the error in the sample project. MAKE SURE you are using notetags in the right place and haven't misspelled anything. DO NOT USE SAVES. I need to know exactly how to recreate the problem from start to finish. Simply giving me a save file tells me nothing.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Do -NOT- deploy the project through File > Deployment. Upload the project online to a website like MediaFire.com or or Dropbox. Please do not use a website that involves timers like 4shared, RapidShare, etc. If I am time-gated from downloading the project, I will ask you to reupload it to somewhere else.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

NOTE2: As I've stated before in the previous note, I'll only provide support for my own codes that I, myself, have provided. To make this clear, this means strictly the plugins I've made and any code for Lunatic Mode that I, personally, have provided through Tips & Tricks. I am not responsible for any coding errors, coding roadblocks, or code questions that you come across within your own Lunatic Mode code. Unless the Lunatic Mode notetag itself has a bug, you are to ask your questions here.

NOTE3: However, as an exception to NOTE2, this does not mean I am going to explain to you how to use all the various functions inside of my plugins. If a function added by my plugins is not listed in the Help File, it means I do not deem that function to be used for script calls. Therefore, if you choose a function outside of the ones listed in the help files to use in a script call, I am NOT responsible for it not working properly for you. No script call support will be provided for functions not listed within the help file.

WHY I NEED A CLEAN SAMPLE PROJECT FOR BUG REPORTS:

If you're wondering why I make it an absolute requirement for sample projects containing to be made, it's because in the past, I've chased and hunted bugs that do not exist either because a user had a conflicting error with a non-Yanfly plugin, has not updated the plugins, using the plugin incorrectly, or think something is a bug when it really isn't. The amount of time I've wasted chasing these "bugs" is unfathomable as that time could have been spent developing new content. To mitigate this issue, I made it an absolute requirement for bugs to be reported in such a manner because of the following:

1. It makes the player go through all of the troubleshooting steps to reduce the amount of user errors. If the user identifies it as a user error, then the user would also have gained troubleshooting skills, which are essential for game development.
  2. Isolate the bugs caused by Yanfly plugins away from non-Yanfly plugins. As stated above, I do not provide support for non-Yanfly plugins due to my lack of time to create compatibility patches for non-Yanfly plugins. Having over 100+ plugins, making a compatibility patch for each one of those with every other plugin out there is absolute insanity.
  3. It shows that the user is serious about getting the bug fixed as I am. Being able to put out time to isolate a problem so it can be fixed means the user is serious about getting their game made. As a user's time is important to them, my time is also important to me, and this is our mutual agreement to get things done cooperatively.

Thank you for understanding.

BASIC TROUBLE SHOOTING

1. Are all your plugins up to date? If they're not, download the updated versions from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

2. Did you rename any of their plugins from their default filenames? If you did, then the plugins won't work. Do NOT rename them.

3. Did you make sure all of the plugins are placed in order as http://yanfly.moe/yep/ inside of the Plugin Manager?

4. When you updated the plugin, did you /open up/ the plugin within the Plugin Manager? 

You are getting the error because you updated the plugin and did not go into the plugin itself like the instructions here in the first video: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Why is this important? Because whenever new parameters are added to a plugin upon a new update, you have to enter the plugin in order for the Plugin Manager to add those new parameters into your game. Otherwise, you will get undefined errors and "random" crashes. Skipping that step is not optional and is very crucial to getting updated plugins to work.

5. If you are using non-Yanfly plugins, turn off ALL of the non-Yanfly plugins to see if there are any conflicts.

6. If you are testing your project in Battle Test and aren't seeing any changes made after updating your plugin, make sure you -save- your project. RPG Maker MV does not carry over changes to Battle Test until you save your project.

F.A.Q. ABOUT ATB AND CTB PLUGINS

The ATB and CTB plugins are custom battle systems that do NOT involve a turn-based system that you're used to with the default turn-based battle system (DTB). They function off of a tick-based system, which means it does not work off standard means. This also means you have to adjust either the plugin or your game to fit these means. Here are some frequently reported "issues" with the system. None of these are bugs so do not report them as bugs.

• If ATB bars are taking too long to fill up, then change your battlers' AGI values to higher or change the plugin parameters to fit your game.
  • If ATB states are dropping in turns too quickly, this is because you didn't adjust the proper state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
  • For ATB, no, I will NOT make Active Mode. It's not because I can't (I've made it before in VX's Yanfly Engine Melody). It's because RPG Maker MV's code structure for the battle system makes it more likely to break everything if it does so. If this is something you absolutely need, the Plugin Request Forum is your place to visit, if DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core(which is at least compatible with my Battle Engine Core with the compatibility fix) can't meet your demands already.
  • If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your 
  • In CTB, States "skipping" multiple turns when updating isn't a bug. It is because in between the previous battler next battler, there was a huge gap in time, enough to go through two state turn cycles. Adjust the state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.
  • For CTB, no, I will NOT make multiple instances of turn icons appearing for multiple actors. If you want something like that made, you can request it in the Plugin Request Forum.

If all of these issues are beyond you, then I'm afraid the ATB and CTB plugins aren't for you. As a developer, it is your responsibility to understand the plugins and systems you are using. You are not doing your players any favor by using a system that you, yourself, do not fully comprehend. I will not educate anyone how ATB and CTB systems work. My plugins work based on the ATB and CTB systems of existing Final Fantasy games with slight tweaks to fit RPG Maker MV's system. Please study them on your own accord. 

TERMS OF USE

Any original material made by Yanfly is free for use with both free and commercial RPG Maker games unless specified otherwise. I do not demand royalties or special liberties if you choose to use Yanfly original content in your commercial games. (Although a free copy of your game would be nice!) I only ask that you provide “Yanfly” or “Yanfly Engine” a spot in your game’s credits.

Any edits made to Yanfly original material are okay as long as you still provide the proper credit. Any non-Original content posted, linked, or shared on my website and channel will still require you to contact the respective parties for permission of use.

I think this is simple. I’d like to keep it simple. I ask of you, as users, to please do not do things that will make me complicate it for everyone.

Yanfly and Omegadragon8 like this

13 hours ago, sol003 said:

Hey, Yanfly, Just wanna say I've been a longtime follower of your work and I hope you keep doing your best at it.

I found a bug in YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch that's very similar to what used to happened to YEP_X_ChangeBattleEquip some months or so ago.

Plugin Name: YEP_X_ActorPartySwitch

Bug Explanation: The switch command cannot be hidden in battle, even if disabled by default on the plugin settings or manually hidden via plugin command.

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:

1.Start up the game

2.Enter battle with the slime.

3.By default, the actor party switching is both hidden and disabled, yet it's still in the battle menu.

4(Optional).Talk to the bat and/or the orc to hide and disable and show and enable respectively. (For confirmation purposes that actor switching can't be hidden.)

Sample Project (REQUIRED): https://www.mediafire.com/?b3bsor27pbnnfkf

Nice find, I'll get this fixed. :)

@Hikitsune-Red I had to resist double posting for a third time for that top of the page :P 

22 hours ago, MemoriesLP said:

I'm really sorry if I'm at the wrong thread... I know this is for bugs and plug ins updates, but I don't know where to ask you this. 

First thanks for everything Yanfly, I don't have words to describe how much you are helping my game :)

Ok...

I'm using the scripts item systhesis, item upgrade slots and item attachable augments.

Here is what I wanted to do:

You have a Sword 1 with 2 upgrade slots and 2 attachable augments.
I lv up the Sword 1 to Sword 2, and it now has 4 upgrade slots and 3 attachable augments.
Than lv up the Sword 2 to Sword 3, so it now has 6 upgrade slots and 4 attachable augments.

Etc...

I was going to do that using item systhesis: you take the Sword 1 mix it with an item so you upgrade the Sword 1 to lv 2. It makes the player loose the Sword 1 and get the Sword 2. The problem is that, in my game, the characters only have 1 weapon the hole game, wich means you have to upgrade it till the end of the game, so I cant unequip Sword 1 to create Sword 2 (because the RPG Maker MV does not let the character be without weapon).

Is there a way to let my character without weapon, so I can upgrade the Sword 1 to Sword 2?

Or is there a way to make Sword 1 gain more upgrade slots and more attachable augments? If so... I wanted the possibility to remove the upgrades, because the upgrades from Sword 1 can be useless for Sword 10, for example.

Maybe you have an idea for me, so I can make it work...

You are on the wrong thread :) (There isn't a Yanfly specific plugin support forum, normally you just use the regular plugin request or support forum)

But since I have to respond to tell you that, I might as well throw in a possible solution;

First, create for each of your actors an unarmed weapon. So, using your above example, the player replaces Sword 1 with Unarmed. Make sure that Unarmed is unique for each character, so it doesn't show extra stacks. If you want you can even give the unarmed specific stats, so that the player could essentially attempt to fight if it doesn't have the sword equipped, elsewise, just keep it as a weapon without benefits. If this is unsavory to you, there are plugins out there that create an invisible version of this that auto equips whenever an item is unequipped. 

If you want your players to have the option to unequip the sword to use the synthesis on there own, or they have the synthesis menu option, then you will be finished and can upgrade Sword 1 to Sword 2, then re-equip. 

If you are using the synthesis as an event (like a shrine or a shop or something) then you can get fancier, by having the event automatically unequip the Sword, and equip the Unarmed at the start of the synthesis event, then have it equip the new weapon (or the old if the player canceled) at the end of the event.

Like I said, there are probably better ways of doing this, but they would involve javascripting and plugins. If you are like me and only have basic coding knowledge, this should be the easiest solution.

MemoriesLP and Hikitsune-Red like this

On 7/12/2016 at 6:38 AM, Yanfly said:

Thanks for the find! I had the documentation updated for the Help File already, but I'll get this updated for the plugin page as well.

That was... far more polite than I was expecting. In other modding communities I have been in, people with plugins as popular as yours do not treat contributors with such respect. I was worried I'd be scolded for failure to follow the bug reporting guidelines.

Should I find similar documentation errors in the future, I shall not hesitate to report them. Thanks not just for the wonderful plugins, but for your positive community involvement as well.

@Omegadragon8

Thanks!!

I will do that!

And I'm sorry, the next time I'll post at the right thread! 

Omegadragon8 likes this

Plugin Name: YEP.40 – Event Mini Label v1.08

(Note: There seems to be some confusion on yanfly.moe about the latest version of this plugin. The file on yanfly.moe says it is v1.08, as does the DropBox file. However, the changelog says the latest version should be v1.09. However however, the new tags and commands from the changelog appear to be in the script I have that says it is v1.08, so I believe I have the latest version, whatever version number it is.)

Bug Explanation:

If labels are turned off when a map loads, subsequent ShowMiniLabel commands will not work right. Specifically, it will fail if labels are off at the conclusion of the first frame after map load. This happens regardless of whether the labels are hidden by default in the project, labels were hidden with HideMiniLabel prior to the map load, or an autorun event on the new map hid the labels with HideMiniLabel on the first frame. If even one frame passes with visible labels before the HideMiniLabel, everything is fine.

Furthermore, once in the bugged post-ShowMiniLabel state, certain actions will cause the labels to appear suddenly. I haven't made an exhaustive list, but teleporting within the same map, changing the active page on the event that should be labelled, and opening and closing the menu will all cause the labels to suddenly appear.

Error Report: N/A

There are several variations that will reproduce the bug, but the easiest one by far is:

1. Turn labels off by default in the plugin's properties.
  2. Start the game. The first map load is your buggy map load.
  3. Have an event try to use ShowMiniLabel.
  4. You are now bugged!
  5. To see the labels magically appear, open and close the menu.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RWJhlt-ruec2tCNC1abUI0c28/view?usp=sharing

Special Thanks: To FlyingPig, who actually found this. I just drew up the sample project & report.

Yanfly likes this

6 hours ago, Traitor Cake said:

Plugin Name: YEP.40 – Event Mini Label v1.08

(Note: There seems to be some confusion on yanfly.moe about the latest version of this plugin. The file on yanfly.moe says it is v1.08, as does the DropBox file. However, the changelog says the latest version should be v1.09. However however, the new tags and commands from the changelog appear to be in the script I have that says it is v1.08, so I believe I have the latest version, whatever version number it is.)

Bug Explanation:

If labels are turned off when a map loads, subsequent ShowMiniLabel commands will not work right. Specifically, it will fail if labels are off at the conclusion of the first frame after map load. This happens regardless of whether the labels are hidden by default in the project, labels were hidden with HideMiniLabel prior to the map load, or an autorun event on the new map hid the labels with HideMiniLabel on the first frame. If even one frame passes with visible labels before the HideMiniLabel, everything is fine.

Furthermore, once in the bugged post-ShowMiniLabel state, certain actions will cause the labels to appear suddenly. I haven't made an exhaustive list, but teleporting within the same map, changing the active page on the event that should be labelled, and opening and closing the menu will all cause the labels to suddenly appear.

Error Report: N/A

There are several variations that will reproduce the bug, but the easiest one by far is:

1. Turn labels off by default in the plugin's properties.
  2. Start the game. The first map load is your buggy map load.
  3. Have an event try to use ShowMiniLabel.
  4. You are now bugged!
  5. To see the labels magically appear, open and close the menu.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RWJhlt-ruec2tCNC1abUI0c28/view?usp=sharing

Special Thanks: To FlyingPig, who actually found this. I just drew up the sample project & report.

Thanks, I'll get this fixed!

Tips & Tricks - Judgment (Pokémon)

Arceus, a legendary Pokémon, has a signature move named Judgment. Judgment's specialty is that it changes elements based on certain elemental items that Arceus has equipped! This Tips & Tricks video will show you how to replicate that effect!

You can grab the copy/paste code here:
Yanfly.moe: http://yanfly.moe/2016/07/15/tips-tricks-judgment-pokemon-rpg-maker-mv/

Do enjoy!

Hi, i think i find a bug...

Plugin Name: More Currencies

Bug Explanation: In a new project when i put a currencie in weapons or armors based in weapons or armors, the currencie is not show in the shop, just cost 0 gold, the plugin works fine in items, (i used in flour to get a cake by example) but when i put a weapon cost (or armor) to get another weapon, this just dont work...

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-15 10.01.40.png

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-15 10.02.15.png

15 minutes ago, arkantos said:

Hi, i think i find a bug...

Plugin Name: More Currencies

Bug Explanation: In a new project when i put a currencie in weapons or armors based in weapons or armors, the currencie is not show in the shop, just cost 0 gold, the plugin works fine in items, (i used in flour to get a cake by example) but when i put a weapon cost (or armor) to get another weapon, this just dont work...

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-15 10.01.40.png

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-15 10.02.15.png

Couple things about your error report

Firstly, as per Yanfly's Bug Report Instructions

On 7/13/2016 at 11:04 PM, Hikitsune-Red said:

Sample Project (REQUIRED): A sample project MUST be attached to the bug report. All steps MUST be followed. If a single step is ignored, the bug report is invalid and I will move on to the next bug report.

This is required so that Yanfly can better see what is happening here, and to minimize the question of user-error.

Secondly, are your weapons Independent Items via the Item Core?

If so, using Weapons and Armor as costs will not work.

Ok, i will put a sample propject, but Hikitsune-Red (thanks for answer)

"Secondly, are your weapons Independent Items via the Item Core?

If so, using Weapons and Armor as costs will not work."

what is a independent item weapon or armor, can you give me an example?? maybe that is my problem

Edited by arkantos

14 minutes ago, arkantos said:

Ok, i will put a sample propject, but Hikitsune-Red (thanks for answer)

"Secondly, are your weapons Independent Items via the Item Core?

If so, using Weapons and Armor as costs will not work."

what is a independent item weapon or armor, can you give me an example?? maybe that is my problem

If you are using the Item Core and have not changed the Independent Item parameter, then yes, your weapons and armors are independent.

You can find more info on the Item Core's page.

This is the test Project: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjY0IWk6HxkOhdVBYg_gXKmrMT_GSg

"if you are using the Item Core and have not changed the Independent Item parameter, then yes, your weapons and armors are independent.

You can find more info on the Item Core's page."

I think i get it; i put the notetag in each weapon and armor (-_-) <Not Independent item> and apparently works fine... 
is fine do it that? or i'm do it in the hard way?

Edited by arkantos

2 hours ago, arkantos said:

This is the test Project: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjY0IWk6HxkOhdVBYg_gXKmrMT_GSg

"if you are using the Item Core and have not changed the Independent Item parameter, then yes, your weapons and armors are independent.

You can find more info on the Item Core's page."

I think i get it; i put the notetag in each weapon and armor (-_-) <Not Independent item> and apparently works fine... 
is fine do it that? or i'm do it in the hard way?

Please follow the notetag formats. If you misformat them, including the spaces, then they won't work.

Thanks for the answers, by the way, a last question, (I'm using the YEP: battle core and animated enemy) during a battle whith an enemy of big sprite, the game start to slow the speed (or frame rate) when i selec an enemy, the animations sometimes are very slow, so i can't back the acctions by the slowness, can someone tell me where i can post this? is here maybe? or this goes to another topic?

Edited by arkantos

I've got an issue with (maybe?) buffs/states core, or possibly instant cast, or battle engine core...

Mainly that forcing actions is weird.

Plugin Name: YEP_BuffsStatesCore

Bug Explanation: When you force an action via a state (like in your jump tips and tricks video) the actor is treated as if he had taken two turns, but only for the purposes of buffs and states remaining turns. If you force an action via a battle event, this doesn't happen. This also doesn't happen if you force an action via battle event that forces another action via the state.

Error Report: N/A

• <Custom Action End Effect>
    if (!target.isDead() && this.isPhysical()) {
     BattleManager.queueForceAction(user, 12, -2);
    }
    </Custom Action End Effect>
    Make a state with a Custom Action End tag on it that forces an action, such as the above. It is important to note that this is the same sort of action being called as your jump tips and tricks video.
  • Add this state to an actor
  • create a skill in skill 12 that targets one enemy and does damage, and is not physical.
  • when your actor performs any action, as long as the target doesn't die, they will trigger this extra skill
  • create a battle troop that will inflict the actor with a debuff that lasts a set number of turns
  • have the actor inflicted with the above state perform an action, and the second skill should trigger
  • note that the remaining turns on the debuff will decrease by 2 instead of one, when this action finishes.
  • make a different battle troop where you force an enemy to debuff your actors, on turn 0, and then force the actor to use the same skill you created before, but via battle event instead.
  • note that when forced via battle event, the turn counter doesn't change at all.
  • make a different troop where you inflict a debuff on the actor, then inflict him with the state, then force him to attack via battle event.
  • The added effect skill should trigger off the forced attack, but the turn counter on the debuff will still remain the same.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): ForceActionIssues.zip

Edit: I can see reasons why this might be by design, with this particular force action script call (as there are a couple of other ways to call it, and it might not react the same way), but I noticed this particular problem because I have the skill that is being forced set to be an instant cast skill. I believe it wouldn't be too much to ask, to maybe patch the instant cast plugin to make it work on actions forced in this way, if they are also instant cast, as well. That probably wouldn't be nearly as time consuming as changing the queueForceAction function.

Edited by ramza
more info

Hello Yanfly.
I have been using and enjoying your plugins!
Recently I updated your plugins and I noticed
"Battle Select Cursor" is no longer showing on top of "Animated Sideview Enemies"
Before I updated it was on top of the Animated SV enemies. It still works fine for
SV actors and Without Animated Sideview Enemies.

So I'm wondering if it is possible to make
"Battle Select Cursor" show on top of "Animated Sideview Enemies" somehow?

Thank you!

Edited by KU001

I've got another bug to report, also to do with forcing actions from states. I'm not sure which plugin the issue is with though, either BuffsStatesCore, or action sequences.

Plugin Name: YEP_BuffsStatesCore/ YEP_X_ActSeqPack1

Bug Explanation: If you have a state that forces an action using BattleManager.queueForceAction on turn end, using the <Custom Turn End Effect> tag, the forced action does not take place at the end of the afflicted battler's turn, but at the very beginning of the next battler's action.

Additionally, this can be worked around by using an <Action End Effect> tag instead of the turn end tag. But this will cause the same exact problem if you have the afflicted battler use an instant cast skill. Using an instant cast skill will cause the state to not force the action until the actor takes another action, which will cause the forced skill to happen before the action is taken.

Furthermore, if in either case, the battler targeted an enemy that died from the forced action, they will still attack the empty spot where the enemy stood, and replay the death sound of killing the enemy again.

• create a skill that targets the user, and inflicts them with a state with 100% chance.
  • <Target Action>
    eval: user.turns = 0
    action effect: user
    </Target Action>

Make sure this skill uses the above action sequence, the other action sections can be omitted for testing purposes. (this part makes it so that the force action effect in the state we're going to make will happen on the first turn of the afflicted battler)

• create a second skill that deals damage to all enemies
  • <stateDescription:Storm's a brewin'>
    <Custom Apply Effect>
    target.hurricaneDmg = 200 + (target.mat * 4)
    target.hurricaneTurns = Math.floor((Math.random() * 4) +3)
    console.log(target.hurricaneTurns)
    </Custom Apply Effect>
    <Custom Turn Start Effect>
    user.turns = 0
    </Custom Turn Start Effect>
    <Custom Turn End Effect>
    if (user.turns == 0) {
    user.turns = 1
    user.hurricaneTurns = user.hurricaneTurns -1
    }
    if (user.hurricaneTurns == 0) {
     user.removeState(11)
    }
    </Custom Turn End Effect>

Create a state with the above notetags on it. Make sure the forceaction is forcing the second skill you created above.

• Give the first skill to harold.

• Test play a battle and use the skill.

• When harold's turn ends, nothing happens.

• When Therese selects an action, the second skill goes off, which should've happened before her turn began.

• after the second skill happens, Therese will perform her chosen action

• If she chose to attack a target who was alive when she selected her action, but was dead after the second skill went off, she will continue to attack that target even though it is dead.

• Change the state to use <Custom Action End Effect> instead of <Custom Turn End Effect>

• Test again and it works perfectly. Harold's second skill goes off immediately after casting the first skill.

• Make a third skill that has an <Instant Cast> tag on it

• On harold's next turn following the use of the first skill, use an instant cast skill. Note that the second skill doesn't go off after his instant cast skill.

• When harold selects another action after his instant cast, the same thing that happened to Therese in previous testing happens to him. The second skill goes off, followed by his chosen action. If he was attacking a target that died from the second skill going off, he will continue to swing at a blank space and "kill" it a second time.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): turnendactionendforceactionissue.zip

Edited by ramza

20 hours ago, ramza said:

I've got an issue with (maybe?) buffs/states core, or possibly instant cast, or battle engine core...

Mainly that forcing actions is weird.

Plugin Name: YEP_BuffsStatesCore

Bug Explanation: When you force an action via a state (like in your jump tips and tricks video) the actor is treated as if he had taken two turns, but only for the purposes of buffs and states remaining turns. If you force an action via a battle event, this doesn't happen. This also doesn't happen if you force an action via battle event that forces another action via the state.

• 
    <Custom Action End Effect>
    if (!target.isDead() && this.isPhysical()) {
    }
    </Custom Action End Effect>
    Make a state with a Custom Action End tag on it that forces an action, such as the above. It is important to note that this is the same sort of action being called as your jump tips and tricks video.
  • Add this state to an actor
  • create a skill in skill 12 that targets one enemy and does damage, and is not physical.
  • when your actor performs any action, as long as the target doesn't die, they will trigger this extra skill
  • create a battle troop that will inflict the actor with a debuff that lasts a set number of turns
  • have the actor inflicted with the above state perform an action, and the second skill should trigger
  • note that the remaining turns on the debuff will decrease by 2 instead of one, when this action finishes.
  • make a different battle troop where you force an enemy to debuff your actors, on turn 0, and then force the actor to use the same skill you created before, but via battle event instead.
  • note that when forced via battle event, the turn counter doesn't change at all.
  • make a different troop where you inflict a debuff on the actor, then inflict him with the state, then force him to attack via battle event.
  • The added effect skill should trigger off the forced attack, but the turn counter on the debuff will still remain the same.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): ForceActionIssues.zip

Edit: I can see reasons why this might be by design, with this particular force action script call (as there are a couple of other ways to call it, and it might not react the same way), but I noticed this particular problem because I have the skill that is being forced set to be an instant cast skill. I believe it wouldn't be too much to ask, to maybe patch the instant cast plugin to make it work on actions forced in this way, if they are also instant cast, as well. That probably wouldn't be nearly as time consuming as changing the queueForceAction function.

This is an intentional change I've made for those who use ATB or CTB. Turns update upon actions finishing, whether they're forced or normal. I'm not sure if you've been around, but the reason I made it that way was because users simply did not grasp the idea of how turns worked in tick-based battle systems. This included how states were handled. As such, turns would end based on the actions performed, forced or normal to avoid confusion.

Furthermore, as per the other bug report you've filed, I will have to refer to you to Note1:

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins and code that I, myself, have provided. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself, any custom Lunatic Mode code you've made yourself that isn't provided by me, or problems with the source code will not be supported by me either.

But I will say this, the BattleManager.queueForceAction tool is just that, it's a queue. It does not immediately prompt an action to occur, especially in the case of Tick-Based battle systems due to the structure I had to make it in to fit in with MV. I understand this is an inconvenience, but I'll be discontinuing support for ATB and CTB. Mostly because the code structure made for it is not ideal for RPG Maker MV usage. My deepest apologies.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but, with your Icon generator...... It may or may not be taking 80-90% of my system resources (Version 1.02) and I was wondering if there are any optimizations you could make to it to help make it run better. I'm strapped for cash atm so getting a better PC is out of the question.

Main Specs that will contribute:

Dual Core Intel Processor.

4 GB Ram

3rd Gen. Intel HD Integrated Graphics

Any ideas of what can do to help make it run better?

Plugin Name: YEP_X_ClassBaseParam
Bug Explanation: Using the Lunatic Mode Notetag <Custom maxhp Formula> doesn't change anything.
Exact Steps:
1. Start Game
2. Open the Main Menu
3. Go to Class
4. Choose any Actor
5. In the Class Change Core Plugin Screen, choose Class
6. Select the Warrior class
7. ATK is different from 26, but hp isn't different from 450

In Notetags of any given class (warrior, in the example):
<Custom maxhp Formula>
if (this.name() === 'Harold') {
value = 30 * level + 500;
} else {
value = 25 * level + 475;
}
</Custom maxhp Formula>
Neither Harold nor any other actor get any different hp than the standard ones

Sample Project: Bug Demo.zip

The sample project uses your class change core plugin to better represent the issue (the warrior class is used with given notetag); in addition, the warrior class also has a <Custom atk Formula> to demonstrate that other parameters ARE changed accordingly.

After some tests myself, I think line 152 of the YEP_X_ClassBaseParam.js ('obj.baseParamFormula[paramId] = '';') is responsible for this behavior as it overrides the baseParamFormula of paramId 0, which is hp.

Edited by Mikaeru
Yanfly likes this

5 hours ago, Mikaeru said:

Plugin Name: YEP_X_ClassBaseParam
Bug Explanation: Using the Lunatic Mode Notetag <Custom maxhp Formula> doesn't change anything.
Exact Steps:
1. Start Game
2. Open the Main Menu
3. Go to Class
4. Choose any Actor
5. In the Class Change Core Plugin Screen, choose Class
6. Select the Warrior class
7. ATK is different from 26, but hp isn't different from 450

In Notetags of any given class (warrior, in the example):
<Custom maxhp Formula>
if (this.name() === 'Harold') {
value = 30 * level + 500;
} else {
value = 25 * level + 475;
}
</Custom maxhp Formula>
Neither Harold nor any other actor get any different hp than the standard ones

Sample Project: Bug Demo.zip

The sample project uses your class change core plugin to better represent the issue (the warrior class is used with given notetag); in addition, the warrior class also has a <Custom atk Formula> to demonstrate that other parameters ARE changed accordingly.

After some tests myself, I think line 152 of the YEP_X_ClassBaseParam.js ('obj.baseParamFormula[paramId] = '';') is responsible for this behavior as it overrides the baseParamFormula of paramId 0, which is hp.

Thanks! I'll get it fixed.

---

10 hours ago, Luxray_Gaming said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but, with your Icon generator...... It may or may not be taking 80-90% of my system resources (Version 1.02) and I was wondering if there are any optimizations you could make to it to help make it run better. I'm strapped for cash atm so getting a better PC is out of the question.

Main Specs that will contribute:

Dual Core Intel Processor.

4 GB Ram

3rd Gen. Intel HD Integrated Graphics

Any ideas of what can do to help make it run better?

It operates on the same specs as running RPG Maker MV games. If you can't run those, you can't run the generator.

Hi, fellow RPG Maker users! I have a small announcement to make.

I'm afraid I have to say that I'm no longer supporting the Yanfly Engine ATB and CTB plugins. I ask, that now, if bug reports are to be submitted, please do not include ATB and/or CTB in them anymore.  As fun as these plugins are to make, making them work in RPG Maker MV itself is a chore in and of itself for a variety of reasons.

1. RPG Maker MV's source code is intentionally made for turn-based battle systems and not tick-based battle systems. The default BattleManager's format is far from optimized to be able to run both in a stream-lined format. While I could rewrite the BattleManager for it to work better in such a way, doing so would cause potential incompatibility issues for a lot of non-YEP plugins, to which, I deem makes it not worth it. We do not need a new "Tankentai" causing the MV community lots of problems.

2. Developing for tick-based battle systems is problematic for the very reason that the editor itself cannot be edited and changed through plugins. This makes developing new plugins to work for both the turn-based battle systems and tick-based battle systems a huge chore. The limitations of RPG Maker MV's editor forces more than a good half of the code I write for the tick-based battle systems to perform workarounds, which in my opinion, is not good for user-friendliness. Thus, for me to add the more complex features and have them work in line with other plugins and effects, I'd have to go way more than the extra mile to do so.

3. Time. I'll be frank about this one. I lack the time to pay extra attention to tick-based battle systems. Once again, because of RPG Maker MV's default structure, I have to put in extra-effort to maintain and fix problems with the tick-based battle systems. To me, this just isn't worth it anymore as that time can be used to develop more Tips & Tricks, more plugins, and more overall content to benefit a larger group of audience.

With those three things said, I'll be adding a new clause to instruction step 4 when making bug reports:

4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them. That said, both ATB and CTB are no longer supported by Yanfly, so if you're using them, please remove them from the project used for the bug report.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I hope you understand my point of view.

47 minutes ago, Yanfly said:

Thanks! I'll get it fixed.

---

It operates on the same specs as running RPG Maker MV games. If you can't run those, you can't run the generator.

That's weird though. I can run RPG Maker games just fine but the icon editor has the main process and 3 other background processes that all add up to 80 to 90 percent of my PC power.

Ashouse likes this

@Yanfly DreamX made a ITB (Instant Turn Battle) based on your CTB and DTB, it's stable and runs smooth since it keeps the CTB feel for turn order.

It also has a turn order display that allows you to use a sprite sheet.