Yanfly

Yanfly [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins | NEWEST: Extended Doodad Pack 1 | Plugin Count: 122+

5,713 posts in this topic

For the skill tree, I'm sure you can just arrange it Etrian Odyssey style in that you include all the child skills after the parent skill.

I think those top three are the most important ones, but I'll be patient with the Common Event Button since I kind of need that even if Dekita has the buttons on-screen.

I don't know why later RPG Makers removed the function to event a button press if you needed an extra key (like the party chat I've been working on.)

Edited by SpellcraftQuill
Yanfly likes this

I got this error while trying action pack #2 
Attack motion

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined
    at Function.BattleManager.makeActionTargets (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1513)
    at Function.BattleManager.actionAttackAnimation (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:535)
    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:453)
    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:558)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1386)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1217)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)
    at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3063)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

I found another bug which was also in the base engine of the game but I'll report it here so you can have a look at it Yanfly. 

Battle Engine Core

• Dual Wielding will cause the characters to only attack with the weapon in the first slot when using Attack and both weapon animations are played at once. There should be two successive SV Animations using each of the weapons in the slots and then playing the respective animation after each one. 

If someone uses a Sword in Slot 1 and an Axe in Slot 2 for example, the actor will only swing the sword and both the sword and the axe's animations will play at the same time. If you decide to fix this, an option to speed up animation speed for dual wielding might be nice here so that it doesn't bog down the speed of battles. 

*Cough*

Skill Tree Plugin

*Cough*

I realllllly don't want to have to make one myself ;___;

I've been hoping of one for a while now too  :guffaw:

Adlw likes this

*Cough*

Skill Tree Plugin

*Cough*

I realllllly don't want to have to make one myself ;___;

"Skill Learn System" won the 1st poll. Maybe you can find what you need there once Yanfly's done making. Or maybe you want something else?

Did you start a new game after adding the plugin, or did you resume a game you had started and saved earlier?

I got this error while trying action pack #2 

Attack motion

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined

at Function.BattleManager.makeActionTargets (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1513)

at Function.BattleManager.actionAttackAnimation (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:535)

at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:453)

at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:558)

at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1386)

at Function.BattleManager.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1217)

at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)

at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)

at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Eternal%20Codex/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3063)

at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

I'm unable to replicate it, did you update all the plugins to the latest version?

I found another bug which was also in the base engine of the game but I'll report it here so you can have a look at it Yanfly. 

Battle Engine Core

• Dual Wielding will cause the characters to only attack with the weapon in the first slot when using Attack and both weapon animations are played at once. There should be two successive SV Animations using each of the weapons in the slots and then playing the respective animation after each one. 

If someone uses a Sword in Slot 1 and an Axe in Slot 2 for example, the actor will only swing the sword and both the sword and the axe's animations will play at the same time. If you decide to fix this, an option to speed up animation speed for dual wielding might be nice here so that it doesn't bog down the speed of battles. 

If you play without the Battle Engine Core, you'll actually find out the way it's done in the Battle Engine Core is done exactly the same as it is without it when it comes to dual wielding. I've made no changes to this yet because I plan on revamping the unconventional dual wielding system given to us by default.

On another note:

The newest plugin updates are out: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/02/plugin-previews-voting-round-2/#more-540

Vendon likes this

Dear Yanfly, I updated my plugins directly from the link you just posted, and then I went into battle aaaaaaaaaaand all of my characer skills/spells aren't showing up :O

The motion names were named after what they were named in the source code:

gQ0HOgd.jpg

If anything, it'd be better if you refered to the Help File found within the Action Sequences themselves as they give a clearer meaning on what to expect.

I followed the Help File found within the Action Sequences, but as you designed your Action Sequences based on rpg_sprites.js, it will become strange that when I set the motion to wait, the actor will walk, but when I set the motion to walk, the actor will wait (I am using custom sprites which clearly show this problem compared to standard sv_battler which looks little ambiguous). I still sure, there is a mistake in naming or translating the rpg_sprites.js script .

Let me show you, what will become if we follow the instruction based on the manual or source code:

Actor2_2.pnggQ0HOgd.jpg

will resulting something like this in game:

Actor2_2.gif

Based on the animation above, It is clearly see that Step Forward column or walk in the source code (index 0) is misplaced. The animation indicated it as Normal Standby (wait) pose (see the character is breathing).

In fact, the game will read index 0 as Normal Standby (Wait), while index 1  as Step Forward (Walk). Even index 0 is one that used as actor preview by editor for sv_battler which usually only show a normal pose.

Edited by RyanBram

"Skill Learn System" won the 1st poll. Maybe you can find what you need there once Yanfly's done making. Or maybe you want something else?

I was thinking more like a FFX style skill tree.  Using visuals to represent the learning instead of the JP system.  I think Raizen made one for Ace.  If no one makes one within a month I'll probably just do it  :P

lod2menu2.png

Edited by Nelderson
Adlw likes this

Just wanted to say thank you  Yanfly  for all your amazing scripts. I have found myself not being able to live without some of them, and to have you bring them over to MV is just an amazing thing that you're doing, so thank you very much for all your time and effort. It clearly shows and I hope to someday be able to repay you for all your work.

Thank you kindly :)

If you play without the Battle Engine Core, you'll actually find out the way it's done in the Battle Engine Core is done exactly the same as it is without it when it comes to dual wielding. I've made no changes to this yet because I plan on revamping the unconventional dual wielding system given to us by default.

Yeah I actually tested that by turning off Battle Engine Core before posting here. That's why I said that it's also in the base engine of the game. I wanted to mention it though just to let you know in case you weren't aware of how messy Dual Wielding was in general. At least now I know that it's on your to-do list along with a revamp of dual wielding. I even had some ideas for Action Sequences Pack 2 for it but there would be some complications given how dual wielding works so I just mentioned the bug for now. 

I'm unable to replicate it, did you update all the plugins to the latest version?

I just checked it out

i only had the 2nd pack and engine core not updated but it still continued after i updated

could it possibly I am using the command in wrong way?

VSMOizW.png

or it is my codes order or maybe not compatibility?

bnFzzCr.png

I also included pictures for the error

rPUvTZ3.png

OoNkGwV.png

sorry if i am bothering and thanks in advance

VSMOizW.png

The notetag at the bottom should be </target action> not <\target action>.

Dear Yanfly, I updated my plugins directly from the link you just posted, and then I went into battle aaaaaaaaaaand all of my characer skills/spells aren't showing up  :O

For that, you most likely updated Skill Core. You'll have to follow the standard plugin procedures by opening the plugin within the plugin manager and clicking ok to refresh it. This way, any newly added plugin parameter settings are refreshed.
Edited by Yanfly

Is it possible to center messages with the message core?
I didn't find any options.

Would it be hard to implement? 
I know we have the x and y coordinates, but to center something with more then 1 resolution would be nice. =)

The notetag at the bottom should be </target action> not <\target action>.

um...it was working fine with \ too other than the attack animation

well...and it still give error when i used /

maybe ill re-install the maker

maybe installation problem or something

vT5nu1E.png

*============================================================================= * ATTACK ANIMATION: target, (mirror) *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * Displays the active battler's attack animation on the target(s). This will * be the animation determined by the actor's weapon(s). If it's an enemy, it * will be determined by the enemy's attack animation. If 'mirror' is used, * the animation will be flipped. *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * Usage Example: attack animation: target *=============================================================================

Yeah, you're missing the target.

*============================================================================= * ATTACK ANIMATION: target, (mirror) *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * Displays the active battler's attack animation on the target(s). This will * be the animation determined by the actor's weapon(s). If it's an enemy, it * will be determined by the enemy's attack animation. If 'mirror' is used, * the animation will be flipped. *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * Usage Example: attack animation: target *=============================================================================

Yeah, you're missing the target.

ohhh sorry again for the trouble ><"

Yanfly likes this

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but i'm using the Core Engine to resize my screen resolution and the screen and main menus are resizing but the game window is staying the same size?

Thanks in advance for any help, Yanfly's plugins are truely wonderful

(i'm going to be a dick and post what i posted on yanfly.moe here as well to increase the chances of you seeing this :O )

Heyo Yanfly!

LOVE your work, so a billion thanks to you for all your hard work, but I stumbled upon an issue that I just can’t fix…

Using EquipCore together with the ChangeWeaponOnBattle plugin that came with RMMV causes my actors to not be able to equip shields during combat… weapons seem to work just fine, though.

for the shield slot it only shows weapons (no, the class can’t dual wield) and when i actually TRY to equip a weapon in the shield slot it simply deletes the weapon out of the player’s inventory completely.

i think i don’t have to tell you that this is pretty frustrating :(

is there anything i can do to fix it? is there anything you can do to fix it? would really appreciate help in this matter…

Edited by TaraIzumi

@Yanfly

What should I set in the skill note for those movements to the skill to 5 hits like in your video ???

Edited by Lionheart_84

Plugin Name: Yanfly Engine Plugins - Equip Core

Error Message: None

How to Replicate Bug:

- Open equipment menu for a random actor with 3 axes in the inventory.

- Equip axe.

- use the "clear" to unequip items.

At this point the axe is not unequipped, also there is no "remove" option in the weapons menu. So actually 2 bugs. The accessory for example does have a "Remove" option to unequip it.

Disabling this script (equip core) will make the "Clear" work again.

Class notetag used:

<Equip Slot>
Weapon
Armor
Accessory
Accessory
</Equip Slot>

Other:

plugins.png

http://s22.postimg.org/96sm3mwe9/plugins.png

Edited by SilverDash

@Yanfly

What should I set in the skill note for those movements to the skill to 5 hits like in your video ???

I am not yanfly but i can try to help 

if i wasnt wrong it will be like 

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

death break

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

death break

action animation

wait for animation