Yanfly

Yanfly [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins | NEWEST: Extended Doodad Pack 1 | Plugin Count: 122+

5,713 posts in this topic

GREAT!
Wonderful ATB Plugin.
With the enemy hp gauge it will be the perfect bs.

Yanfly likes this

Ok, I would like to customize the time a skill need to be cast, for example, 6 seconds, how could I do that? 

You can change it in the plugin's parameter settings.

Ok ... but if the characters are afeetti by Haste , the color does not change ...

And now Mellye and Yanfly must physically wrestle eachother to establish ATB dominance.

It's going to be really, really difficult to decide which one to use...

Mellye likes this

Ok ... but if the characters are afeetti by Haste , the color does not change ...

If you apply an AGI buff or have a status effect that has AGI above 100%, it will be a different color.

Ok, I would like to customize the time a skill need to be cast, for example, 6 seconds, how could I do that? 

For that, you can set the "speed" of the skill/item to below zero and it will have a longer charge time. When it's above zero, it will have a shorter charge time. :)

And now Mellye and Yanfly must physically wrestle eachother to establish ATB dominance.

Nah, even I'm aware that my ATB won't necessarily cover everything Mellye's ATB will. It's better that users have a choice of what battle system to use in case one doesn't fit the demands of the other. :)
Edited by Yanfly
djDarkX and Mellye like this

For that, you can set the "speed" of the skill/item to below zero and it will have a longer charge time. When it's above zero, it will have a shorter charge time. :)

How do we do that though? Do we put <ATB Charge: -5000> or something individually in each of our skills' notes? What number values are we looking at for this kind of thing? I believe the default values in your plugin manager settings were 5000 for full ATB, 2000 for charge ATB? I'd like to have lower level skills/spells to be faster charging but higher levels be slower, and individually control each one's values.

Also, I posted this in your comment section too on your website but you kind've answered part of it here already so I'll ask it here~

My actors after using a basic “attack” go back into “guard/preparation” pose after using a normal attack instead of their normal “idle pose” when their turn is over, unless someone else makes another action before their next turn.

Also, is it possible to set random “starting ATB values” between 0 and the default 5000 (I’m guessing 5000 is the default based on the plugin manager settings) and have AGI affect how much/often that happens without Lunatic Mode? I know you have <ATB Start: x> and x% options, but I want it be a random value between 0%-60% of an ATB gauge with an AGI modifier. Is that possible without Lunatic Mode?

Edited by SOC

But the color set , in which numbers correspond ??? how do you know the colors ???

But the color set , in which numbers correspond ??? how do you know the colors ???

It's based on your window skin: 

DquqvfD.jpg

How do we do that though? Do we put <ATB Charge: -5000> or something individually in each of our skills' notes? What number values are we looking at for this kind of thing? I believe the default values in your plugin manager settings were 5000 for full ATB, 2000 for charge ATB? I'd like to have lower level skills/spells to be faster charging but higher levels be slower, and individually control each one's values.

Also, I posted this in your comment section too on your website but you kind've answered part of it here already so I'll ask it here~

My actors after using a basic “attack” go back into “guard/preparation” pose after using a normal attack instead of their normal “idle pose” when their turn is over, unless someone else makes another action before their next turn.

Also, is it possible to set random “starting ATB values” between 0 and the default 5000 (I’m guessing 5000 is the default based on the plugin manager settings) and have AGI affect how much/often that happens without Lunatic Mode?

You adjust the speed from within the database. :)

Pt8XvHD.jpg
SOC likes this

With Tables, Ladders and Chairs!

Ok, self-note to create a Pro Wrestling RPG project (probably not).

---------------

But seriously, I think we have different scopes in our battle systems, actually. And variety is great for the makers (and, I believe, even better for the future players; otherwise every RPG Maker game starts feeling "same-y").

And I always find it interesting seeing on how many different ways the same base concept can be implemented.

Edited by Mellye
Yanfly and djDarkX like this

Awesome, thank you!

I really like Ellye's system too, though. I'll probably keep using both for multiple projects, they both work so well and have advantages to both. There's some stuff I wish Ellye's did that Yanfly's does and some stuff Yanfly's does that I wish Ellye's did. :P I guess it's only a matter of time, though.

Edited by SOC

Hm... don't suppose CTB is on the table? I like that a lot more than ATB.

I'll be porting everything I've made from VX and Ace over to MV. That 'everything' includes the CTB system I've made for Battle Engine Melody. :)

Alistair, gRaViJa and Bruellbart like this

It's based on your window skin: 

DquqvfD.jpg

You adjust the speed from within the database. :)

Pt8XvHD.jpg

Thank you!!!!

I set the speed in the data ... but the speed is still the same !!!!

I'll be porting everything I've made from VX and Ace over to MV. That 'everything' includes the CTB system I've made for Battle Engine Melody. :)

That sounds great! FFX had a great system. Speaking of FFX, I thought that the Taunt script could also be a bit like in FFX and MMOs by having enmity and aggro which could be increased or decreased by skills, getting hit by another actor, be based on the damage dealt etc. I think there is a plugin like that anyway but are you going to add something like that in at some point or is the script complete?

As for the new script, the ATB is pretty sweet but I kind of wish there were some extra options to set a different text and text color for when the ATB gauge is full and to be able to not have the charging gauge be on top of the full gauge. Oh yeah and an ATB type setting if possible!

• Wait Mode is what you have in the script already.
  • Semi-Wait Mode I think waits only when you are selecting a target or choosing a skill or an item.
  • Active Mode, as the name implies, is always active except during battle actions if I'm not mistaken. (which has an option already)

Now if only we could get a simple image-based gauge script to make the main menu and the status window look even better! It was KMS in VXA and it was made compatible with your engine. If a scripter is reading this and you can make that plugin...please do!  :)

Edited by Vegnarus
Jeremy Cannady likes this

That sounds great! FFX had a great system. Speaking of FFX, I thought that the Taunt script could also be a bit like in FFX and MMOs by having enmity and aggro which could be increased or decreased by skills, getting hit by another actor, be based on the damage dealt etc. I think there is a plugin like that anyway but are you going to add something like that in at some point or is the script complete?

As for the new script, the ATB is pretty sweet but I kind of wish there were some extra options to set a different text and text color for when the ATB gauge is full and to be able to not have the charging gauge be on top of the full gauge. Oh yeah and an ATB type setting if possible!

• Wait Mode is what you have in the script already.
  • Semi-Wait Mode I think waits only when you are selecting a target or choosing a skill or an item.
  • Active Mode, as the name implies, is always active except during battle actions if I'm not mistaken. (which has an option already)

Now if only we could get a simple image-based gauge script to make the main menu and the status window look even better! It was KMS in VXA and it was made compatible with your engine. If a scripter is reading this and you can make that plugin...please do!  :)

The plugins I'll be making will always be updating in one form of another, either through an extension plugin or the plugin itself.

As for the ATB settings, I'm actually trying to find a way to do the semi-wait and active mode settings. The problem though, is how RPG Maker MV's source code is structured. Semi-Wait and Active mode would actually mess up a loooooooooooooooot of the way some sprites are handled (ie motion refreshing) because MV was programmed with the intention that it wouldn't be anything except turn based. It was a bit easier when I made it on VX because I created 90% of the visual framework from scratch myself, but this time around, I'm working around KDKW's battle engine framework. I decided to opt-out on Semi-Wait and Active Mode for now until I find a better solution because I don't wish to break compatibility with the plugins of other creators if they were to base theirs on MV's framework.

CyndaBytes, Vegnarus and djDarkX like this

The plugins I'll be making will always be updating in one form of another, either through an extension plugin or the plugin itself.

As for the ATB settings, I'm actually trying to find a way to do the semi-wait and active mode settings. The problem though, is how RPG Maker MV's source code is structured. Semi-Wait and Active mode would actually mess up a loooooooooooooooot of the way some sprites are handled (ie motion refreshing) because MV was programmed with the intention that it wouldn't be anything except turn based. It was a bit easier when I made it on VX because I created 90% of the visual framework from scratch myself, but this time around, I'm working around KDKW's battle engine framework. I decided to opt-out on Semi-Wait and Active Mode for now until I find a better solution because I don't wish to break compatibility with the plugins of other creators if they were to base theirs on MV's framework.

Thanks for the reply Yanfly! That's understandable and I thought that it was odd that you'd forget the types as they're pretty crucial to the style, flow and balance of a game (especially if you choose to not make the type adjustable by players). So basically, putting semi-wait or active in would potentially result in causing computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death, and/or halitosis. *cough:guffaw:

It's good that you chose to retain compatibility for now and not cause any of the above to the users!  :P I guess you'd have to make it from scratch to really make it work and not have it as an extension plugin. Maybe Moghunter could remake the VXA ATB if all else fails as he/she has released two plugins for MV already. And there's always this and Mellye's as an option anyway!

Edited by Vegnarus
Yanfly likes this

So I'm confused about the speed for tab timers. Does having a higher base agility stat shorten the atb timer just like Ellie's?

Or is it only based off of skills after notations. I kinda like the way Ellie's works with base ago characters acting first or multiple times ahead of slower agi characters by default

Higher agility means the gauge fills up faster.

Speed modifiers for the skills affect the amount of charging needed to be done after selecting an input. Negative speed in the skill tab of the database would mean the skill requires more charging while positive speed means less charging. To make it more simple:

Firebolt - A fast spell that requires less time to charge - It would have a speed of say, +1000. When the player selects Firebolt to use, the actor's charge time would be considerably less than an actor who choose a regular attack with +0 speed modifier.

Firaga - A very slow but heavy damaging spell - It would have a speed of -1000. When the player selects Firaga to use, the actor's charge time would be considerably more than an actor who choose a regular attack with +0 speed modifier.

Is it possible to add an effect/sound/notification for certain skills used by an enemies,  when they are charged?

So that the player knows, now something awesome will happen!

As for the ATB settings, I'm actually trying to find a way to do the semi-wait and active mode settings. The problem though, is how RPG Maker MV's source code is structured. Semi-Wait and Active mode would actually mess up a loooooooooooooooot of the way some sprites are handled (ie motion refreshing) because MV was programmed with the intention that it wouldn't be anything except turn based.

Indeed, I've postponed Semi-wait and Active modes on my ATB for the same reason, and I'll probably only do those as a separate plugin for that reason too. They are likely to break compatibility with pretty much everything battle-related.

Higher agility means the gauge fills up faster.

Speed modifiers for the skills affect the amount of charging needed to be done after selecting an input. Negative speed in the skill tab of the database would mean the skill requires more charging while positive speed means less charging. To make it more simple:

Firebolt - A fast spell that requires less time to charge - It would have a speed of say, +1000. When the player selects Firebolt to use, the actor's charge time would be considerably less than an actor who choose a regular attack with +0 speed modifier.

Firaga - A very slow but heavy damaging spell - It would have a speed of -1000. When the player selects Firaga to use, the actor's charge time would be considerably more than an actor who choose a regular attack with +0 speed modifier.

I set the speed in the data ... but the speed is still the same... That is to Firebolt with Firaga ...

The ATB system really looks amazing!

One question, how does the system interact with conditional turn events? 

For example I want to create a tutoral system that introduces new moves each turn or so, how would that work with the ATB?

I'm getting a type error:

Cannot read 'call' of undefined.

Probably something really simple i'm missing...

But also THANKS!

I'm getting a type error:

Cannot read 'call' of undefined.

Probably something really simple i'm missing...

But also THANKS!

I am also getting this error