Yanfly

Yanfly [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins | NEWEST: Extended Doodad Pack 1 | Plugin Count: 122+

5,719 posts in this topic

dat atb, i like it

it's agi dependant tho, isn't it?

I updated your plugin but it deleted all plugin manager stuff and is blank and not working now. :(

EDIT:

Never mind, I did something wrong. I fixed it now haha. Sorry.

Edited by SOC

Make sure you guys have the updated Battle Engine Core to use this!

Ah that fixed it! do you have any suggestions about my earlier post?

Also it seems that using a Force Action command the moment the battle begins seems to freeze the attack bars

Edited by Jenza

Hey Yanfly,

would you mind to help with the screen resolution?

When I type in my resolution which is 1920x1080, the window itself will resize but not the tiles like in

the tutorial you did.

Am I doing something wrong?

This is how it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/7FF4Sbm.png

I would be thankful for any advice.

Hey Yanfly,

When I type in my resolution which is 1920x1080, the window itself will resize but not the tiles like in

the tutorial you did.

Changing the dimensions doesn't resize the tiles, it extends the field of view. To get rid of the black space you simply have to enlarge your map size. Also, in my opinion, 1920x1080 looks hideous for an rtp game.

Edited by gRaViJa

Thanks for the quick response and help.

And yes I know that this resolution does not look so good I just

took it for testing purpose.

Edited by Kryodo

Ah that fixed it! do you have any suggestions about my earlier post?

Also it seems that using a Force Action command the moment the battle begins seems to freeze the attack bars

I can't seem to replicate this. Are you able to upload your project (do not deploy) somewhere online and let me download it to see what's going on?

Hey Yanfly,

the tutorial you did.

The screen resolution change doesn't increase the size of your tiles. If you're getting the black bars, that's because your map is smaller than the screen. Increase the size of your map from 17x13 to something like 30x30 and you'll see a difference.

What exactly does this mean?

Math.max(5000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 100)

I'm not good with scripting, but I'm trying to figure out a way to make the ATB not fill up horribly slow at level 1, but too fast at like lvl 30, and I'm using pretty low AGI numbers in my game.

What would I need to adjust to make it fairly equal fill times at level 1 and level 30 for example, while keeping AGI relatively low the whole game.

Edited by Fernyfer775

The battle core is a pain in the butt.

Any script that is used to customize the windows in battle has trouble cause of the battle core.

I wanna use the battle core, but not with it messing with the enemy window like it does.

I was trying to make the enemy window stick around throughout the battle, but i just can't unless i turn your battle core off or remove it totally.

And there is a plugin here in the forums for customizing all those windows in the battles but can't cause of the same issue i'm having.

There's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows.

The ATB plugin is awesome (that's my favorite battle system), but would you mind creating an option to allow the maker to chose between :

-Active (Doesn't pause when selecting an ability)

-Semi-active  (Do pause when selecting an ability)

PS : I don't know if you guys played FFIX, but there was a trick to gain extra HP regen in battle : The time did pause when selecting an ability, but it DIDNT when there was an ability being used. So the poison and HP regen statuts actually dealt/healed every x seconds. Since summoning an eidolon had a very long animation, you could abuse it :)

What exactly does this mean?

Math.max(5000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 100)

I'm not good with scripting, but I'm trying to figure out a way to make the ATB not fill up horribly slow at level 1, but too fast at like lvl 30, and I'm using pretty low AGI numbers in my game.

What would I need to adjust to make it fairly equal fill times at level 1 and level 30 for example, while keeping AGI relatively low the whole game.

The math there is to determine what's the "gauge width" your battlers need to reach before getting a turn. Basically, it will take either the highest AGI of the battle (enemies and actors) and multiply it by 100 or take 5000, whichever is largest. This means, as your battlers grow in AGI, the gauge will grow, too. To adjust it, what I can recommend is set it from 5000 to whatever is the the lowest AGI you have times 100 for the best effect.

The battle core is a pain in the butt.

Any script that is used to customize the windows in battle has trouble cause of the battle core.

I wanna use the battle core, but not with it messing with the enemy window like it does.

I was trying to make the enemy window stick around throughout the battle, but i just can't unless i turn your battle core off or remove it totally.

And there is a plugin here in the forums for customizing all those windows in the battles but can't cause of the same issue i'm having.

There's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows.

Any script that is made to customize battle windows should be placed under the Battle Core. For the most part, aside from the enemy window and the movement of the skill/item windows, none of the other window properties have been tampered with. However, if you take a look at the plugin's parameter settings, you should notice that you're able to disable each and every single one of these changes and basically revert the entire battle system to default. I strongly suggest you look at all the plugin's options before saying something like "there's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows".

The ATB plugin is awesome (that's my favorite battle system), but would you mind creating an option to allow the maker to chose between :

Thanks  :)

PS : I don't know if you guys played FFIX, but there was a trick to gain extra HP regen in battle : The time did pause when selecting an ability, but it DIDNT when there was an ability being used. So the poison and HP regen statuts actually dealt/healed every x seconds. Since summoning an eidolon had a very long animation, you could abuse it  :)

For this, I'll go ahead and link my response I made here. To cut it short, I can do it, but it'd have two results as of now: 1) rewrite the way to do it and break compatibility with other plugins made by other people or 2) don't include it and maintain compatibility with plugins made by other people. I opted for 2 until I can figure out a solution.

Also, that FFIX trick won't work here. :P I made sure that battle ticks won't occur while actions are taking place.
Edited by Yanfly
Fernyfer775 and SOC like this

PS : I don't know if you guys played FFIX, but there was a trick to gain extra HP regen in battle : The time did pause when selecting an ability, but it DIDNT when there was an ability being used. So the poison and HP regen statuts actually dealt/healed every x seconds. Since summoning an eidolon had a very long animation, you could abuse it :)

To add to that, an option where the ATB still fills during an animation, separate from active/semi-active? Kinda like FF6's system (which ff9's was based off of).

Edited by a6p

Hello, Yanfly! Thanks for the awesome plug-ins!

For the ATB, may I suggest a way to control the charging rate of skills? Perhaps with some sort of % notetags?

Maybe <Charge_Rate: 200%> in a skill (or item?) that requires doubled charging time? And <Charge_Rate: 0%> will make the skill require no charging. :)

Hello, Yanfly! Thanks for the awesome plug-ins!

For the ATB, may I suggest a way to control the charging rate of skills? Perhaps with some sort of % notetags?

Maybe <Charge_Rate: 200%> in a skill (or item?) that requires doubled charging time? And <Charge_Rate: 0%> will make the skill require no charging. :)

The charge rate of skills/items are done relative to the Speed stat of the skill/item. Skills with higher speeds take less time to charge while skills with less speed (under zero) take longer. There's been an update to the Battle Engine Core that lets you break past the speed limit of the editor, too.

I strongly suggest you look at all the plugin's options before saying something like "there's gotta be a way to use your battle core without it messing with the windows".

What i did is not a script, it's a modification to the scenes script.

I can't wrap my brain around plugin creation.

I basically tell the enemy window not to hide.

-edit-

Okay i turned it off in your plugin, and guess what?

It still causes the game to freeze when i make my changes to show the enemy window at all times.

So, what now?

To keep the enemy list window showing at all times i basically do this.

Window_BattleEnemy.prototype.initialize = function(x, y) {    this._enemies = [];    var width = this.windowWidth();    var height = this.windowHeight();    Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, x, y, width, height);    this.refresh();    this.show();};

Where it says this.show, it usually says this.hide.

Scene_Battle.prototype.onEnemyOk = function() {    var action = BattleManager.inputtingAction();    action.setTarget(this._enemyWindow.enemyIndex());    this._enemyWindow.show();    this._skillWindow.hide();    this._itemWindow.hide();    this.selectNextCommand();};Scene_Battle.prototype.onEnemyCancel = function() {    this._enemyWindow.show();    switch (this._actorCommandWindow.currentSymbol()) {    case 'attack':        this._actorCommandWindow.activate();        break;    case 'skill':        this._skillWindow.show();        this._skillWindow.activate();        break;    case 'item':        this._itemWindow.show();        this._itemWindow.activate();        break;    }};

this._enemyWindow.show(); is usually this._enemyWindow.hide();

So, with those changes in place, if i don't have your battleenginecore turned on or is not isntalled, it does EXACTLY what i want it to do man, but if i try and use your battleenginecore, the game wants to freeze and do nothing after the first round of attacks.

Again man, i turned it off in the plugins like you mentioned... So.. what in the world?

Edited by MikePjr

I believe I found a bug with the Action Sequence portions of the ATB script.

Example: An enemy attack has this tag:

ATB GAUGE: target, -50%

But instead of reducing the gauge, it's increasing it.

EDIT: It is correctly reducing the ATB "speed" but when a character is in "charge" mode for an attack, it's making it fill faster instead of reducing it.

Edited by Fernyfer775
Yanfly likes this

The charge rate of skills/items are done relative to the Speed stat of the skill/item. Skills with higher speeds take less time to charge while skills with less speed (under zero) take longer. There's been an update to the Battle Engine Core that lets you break past the speed limit of the editor, too.

Ah, that's handy. Cheers!

Oh, since action speed = agi, can we make the action speed evaluated using a formula? Like using <speed = user.agi*0.5> in notebox or something.

Here Yanfly, i did a video... maybe it will help me explain what's happening..

Oh dammit.... i just realized the music when i test is so loud.. ugh.. nothing is going right for me tonight..

Edited by MikePjr

Strange, for 0 slot cost item upgrades, you should be able to use them regardless. Can you show me what are the notetags you're using?

Here's what I set for the reset item:

<Upgrade Armor Type:0>

<Upgrade Effect>

Reset Full

Slots:0

</Upgrade Effect>

I even tried moving Slots 0 to above Reset Full to see if it worked, but to no avail.

Hi,

first of all I want to thank you for the awesome engines. :)

I have a question about setting up action sequences. If this question already got answered, I'm sorry, then I might have overseen it. ^.^

I want to set up the default attack. What I want is, that melee battlers move to the target, while range battlers just step forward and do not move to the target.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work. :)

Edit: Nevermind. Found the answer in the premade sequences thread. Thanks. ;)

Edited by Lupinos
Yanfly likes this

Thank goodness, i figured out how to correct the problem i was having man.

It had to do with there not being a $gameTroop.select(null); at the end of Window_BattleEnemy.prototype.refresh = function() {

Below is where i added it, and now it's working fine, and the game's not freezing up with the changes i made to the enemy window not vanishing.

Window_BattleEnemy.prototype.refresh = function() {    this._enemies = $gameTroop.aliveMembers();    this.sortTargets();    Window_Selectable.prototype.refresh.call(this);    $gameTroop.select(null);

Funny how something so minor could cause such a big issue.

I just hope i don't find any more issues after making this change, but i should not.

Your notetags on skill cooldown need to be fixed you have both

<SType x Cooldown: +y>

and

<SType x Cooldown: y>

On the same skill tag

Only <SType x Cooldown: y> works

You'll probably ignore it but whatever, at least some people will know the mistake.

I believe I found a bug with the Action Sequence portions of the ATB script.

Example: An enemy attack has this tag:

ATB GAUGE: target, -50%

But instead of reducing the gauge, it's increasing it.

EDIT: It is correctly reducing the ATB "speed" but when a character is in "charge" mode for an attack, it's making it fill faster instead of reducing it.

Here's what I set for the reset item:

I even tried moving Slots 0 to above Reset Full to see if it worked, but to no avail.

I'm unable to replicate your error at all...

Uqm0sCz.jpg

Your notetags on skill cooldown need to be fixed you have both

<SType x Cooldown: +y>

and

<SType x Cooldown: y>

On the same skill tag

Only <SType x Cooldown: y> works

You'll probably ignore it but whatever, at least some people will know the mistake.

The <SType x Cooldown: y> notetag is applied to the user.

<SType x Cooldown: +y> is applied to the targets.
<SType x Cooldown: +y><SType x Cooldown: -y>Targets hit by this skill will have all skills in their skill library withSkill Type x to have their cooldowns adjusted by y. This does not apply tothe user and applies only to the targets.

Dear, Yanfly.

I have some suggestion for your ATB script:

1. Random initial ATB Gauge. Your ATB gauge always start from zero which make the actor act almost simultaneously. If there is a configuration for choosing minimum and maximum number of initial gauge the battle will start more dynamically as every actors (and enemies) will have different ATB starting gauge;
  2. Option for disabling Charge Gauge. This is the default in almost every Final Fantasy series. After ATB bar is full, the player can choose the action, and the game actor will response instantly without waiting again for charging, except maybe can be made optional for some special skills.
  3. Active ATB. Your ATB always waiting the player for inputting command. Final Fantasy, ATB always run when the player inputting command (except during choosing skills or item the ATB will stop) which can be very useful for some strategy during battle.

Sorry if I cannot explain clear enough.

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by RyanBram

Dear, Yanfly.

I have some suggestion for your ATB script:

1. Random initial ATB Gauge. Your ATB gauge always start from zero which make the actor act almost simultaneously. If there is a configuration for choosing minimum and maximum number of initial gauge the battle will start more dynamically as every actors (and enemies) will have different ATB starting gauge;
  2. Option for disabling Charge Gauge. This is the default in almost every Final Fantasy series. After ATB bar is full, the player can choose the action, and the game actor will response instantly without waiting again for charging, except maybe can be made optional for some special skills.
  3. Active ATB. Your ATB always waiting the player for inputting command. Final Fantasy, ATB always run when the player inputting command (except during choosing skills or item the ATB will stop) which can be very useful for some strategy during battle.

Sorry if I cannot explain clear enough.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan:

1. Go to the plugin's parameters. Under the 'Initial Speed' setting, type in the formula of how you want the ATB gauge to be filled up randomly.

2. Go to the plugin's parameters. Under Charge Gauge, replace it with 0.

3. For active ATB, I'll link to this again: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-newest-battle-system-atb-plugin-count-24/page-6#entry491855

RyanBram likes this