Yanfly

Yanfly [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins | NEWEST: Extended Doodad Pack 1 | Plugin Count: 122+

5,719 posts in this topic

Damage Core

Features and How to Use

The Damage Core plugin enables you to have full control over the damage calculation process of your game ranging from individual damage formulas to damage caps to damage calculation steps.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_DamageCore.js

Instructions

Introduction

The game gives a lot of control over the damage formula, but it doesn’t give much control for everything else after calculating the damage formula. This plugin will give you control over the order the damage fomrula is calculated in addition to letting you insert your own changes to the damage formula at whatever you you wish.

If you have YEP_BattleEngineCore.js installed, place this plugin under YEP_BattleEngineCore.js if you wish to make use of the extra features this plugin has to offer.

Notetags

The following are some notetags you can use to modify the damage caps.

Skill and Item Notetag:

<Bypass Damage Cap>
This causes the skill/item to ignore the damage cap and go with the regular value of the calculated damage. This will cancel out any damage cap effects otherwise. This will take priority over any damage cap breaking effects.

Actor, Class, Enemy, Weapon, Armor, and State Notetags:

<Bypass Damage Cap>
This will cause the related battler to bypass any damage capping effects and its skills/items will go with the uncapped calculated value.

<Damage Cap: x>
<Heal Cap: x>
This will set the skill to have a damage/healing cap of x. This will cancel out any damage cap bypassers. If a battler has more than one damage cap, it will go with the highest value. This means if an actor that has a weapon that brings the damage cap to 99,999 and an accessory that brings the damage cap to 999,999, then the battler’s damage cap will be the highest value of 999,999.

Plugin Commands

The following are plugins you can use to set the damage cap rulings for your game. Keep in mind that individual aspects such as equipment traits, skill properties, etc. will take priority over these default caps.

Plugin Command:

SetDamageCap 9999
Sets the default damage cap to 9999.

SetHealingCap 9999
Sets the default healing cap to 9999.

EnableDamageCap
Enables default cap for both damage and healing.

DisableDamageCap
Disables default cap for both damage and healing.

Lunatic Mode – Damage Formula

For those who think the damage formula box is too small and would like to use the notebox instead to declare the damage formula, you can use the notetags below:

Skill and Item Notetags:

<damage formula>
value = 500;
value += 2500;
</damage formula>
This will overwrite the damage formula found at the top and use the strings in the middle as the formula instead. Keep in mind that using comments here will cancel out anything following after. New variables can be used, too, to make damage calculations a bit easier.

value – Refers to the amount that will become the base damage value.
user – Refers to the actor/enemy using the skill/item.
subject – Refers to the actor/enemy using the skill/item.
target – Refers to the target actor/enemy on the receiving end of the skill/item.

Lunatic Mode – Damage Steps

The damage formula isn’t all there is to calculating the damage that appears at the very end. In this plugin’s parameters towards the bottom, you’ll see a large list of Damage Steps. Each one of these steps is a line of code that the damage count will run through in order to calculate and finalize the damage output.

The purpose of those parameters is to allow you ease of access on where you want to insert code that is your own or custom code provided by another plugin. Here’s a quick reference on how the original damage flow looked like:

Game_Action.prototype.makeDamageValue = function(target, critical) {
var item = this.item();
var baseDamage = this.evalDamageFormula(target);
var value = baseDamage * this.calcElementRate(target);
if (this.isPhysical()) {
value *= target.pdr;
}
if (this.isMagical()) {
value *= target.mdr;
}
if (baseDamage < 0) {
value *= target.rec;
}
if (critical) {
value = this.applyCritical(value);
}
value = this.applyVariance(value, item.damage.variance);
value = this.applyGuard(value, target);
value = Math.round(value);
return value;
};

In the vein of keeping everything organized, the following lines have been incorporated into new functions:

Formula New Function
value *= target.pdr value = this.applyPhysicalRate
value *= target.mdr value = this.applyMagicalRate
value *= target.rec value = this.applyHealRate
value = this.applyCritical(value) value = this.applyCriticalRate

Yanfly Engine Plugins – Battle Engine Extension – Action Sequence Commands

If you have YEP_BattleEngineCore.js installed with this plugin located underneath it in the Plugin Manager, you can make use of these extra damage related action sequences.

BYPASS DAMAGE CAP
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This will override all damage caps. This is applied to healing, too.
Usage Example: bypass damage cap

DAMAGE CAP: x
HEALING CAP: x
This sets the action’s damage cap to x, overriding all over damage caps in play except its own. This will also apply to healing, too.
Usage Example: damage cap: 999
healing cap: 999999

DAMAGE RATE: x%
DAMAGE RATE: x.y
DAMAGE RATE: VARIABLE x
This changes the damage rate across all types of damage (physical, magical, and certain hit). The damage rate is reset at the end of each action sequence. If you use a variable, it is treated as a percentage.
Usage Example: damage rate: 50%
damage rate: 8.667
damage rate: variable 3

FLAT DAMAGE: +x
FLAT DAMAGE: -x
FLAT DAMAGE: VARIABLE x
This adds a flat damage across all types of damage (physical, magical, and certain hit). The flat damage is reset at the end of each action sequence. If you use a variable, it is added onto the damage.
Usage Example: flat damage: +100
flat damage: -250
flat damage: variable 3

FLAT GLOBAL: +x
FLAT GLOBAL: -x
FLAT GLOBAL: VARIABLE x
This adds a flat global damage and heal across all types of damage (physical, magical, and certain hit). The flat damage and heal is reset at the end of each action sequence. If you use a variable, it is added onto the damage and heal.
Usage Example: flat global: +100
flat global: -250
flat global: variable 3

FLAT HEAL: +x
FLAT HEAL: -x
FLAT HEAL: VARIABLE x
This adds a flat heal across all types of damage (physical, magical, and certain hit). The flat heal is reset at the end of each action sequence. If you use a variable, it is added onto the heal.
Usage Example: flat heal: +100
flat heal: -250
flat heal: variable 3

GLOBAL RATE: x%
GLOBAL RATE: x.y
GLOBAL RATE: VARIABLE x
This changes the damage and healing rates across all types of damage (physical, magical, and certain hit). The damage and healing rates are reset at the end of each action sequence. If you use a variable, it is treated as a percentage.
Usage Example: global rate: 50%
global rate: 8.667
global rate: variable 3

HEAL RATE: x%
HEAL RATE: x.y
HEAL RATE: VARIABLE x
This changes the healing rate across all types of damage (physical, magical, and certain hit). The healing rate is reset at the end of each action sequence. If you use a variable, it is treated as a percentage.
Usage Example: heal rate: 50%
heal rate: 8.667
heal rate: variable 3

RESET DAMAGE CAP
This will reset the damage cap implemented by the Damage Cap action sequence. This will also reset the effects of the Bypass Damage Cap action sequence.
Usage Example: reset damage cap

RESET DAMAGE MODIFIERS
This will cause all damage and healing modifiers caused by action sequences to reset. While they normally reset at the end of each action sequence, this will allow you to do it manually.
Usage Example: reset damage modifiers
Edited by Yanfly

Uhhh, I'm encountering a major bug(?) here Yanfly. The only plugins I'm using are the ones from your most recent plugin updates, but an issue with the battle system keeps occurring. I can't select skills in battle.

2dbp45w.png

This is what happens when I attempt to select a skill. I can't choose my target, nor can I actually select a skill.

Hello Yanfly!  I found an odd glitch involving the Equip plugin.  I can't find out how to fix it.

Plugin Name: YEP_EquipCore

Error Message/How to ReplicateThere's really no error message.  It's just a strange occurrence having to do with how the plugin appears to handle initialized equipment.  Here's the story.  In my game, you equip one weapon and 3 accessories.  I set one accessory to the initialized equipment as a test, then another, but later I decided to add one in for good, and it had a strange interaction with the plugin.

http://imgur.com/a/yTD94

This image is what the initialized equipment is now, as well as what it shows up as when I attempt to start a new game.  For some reason, it seems to of locked in the previous equipment I had, and I can't find a way to fix it.  Now, I have downloaded the 1.04 patch, which claims to of fixed some initialized equipment bug, but this is still happening.  I've tried turned the plugin off then back on, uninstalling it then reinstalling it back into my project.  Getting rid of the notetags in this charater's actor's slot in the database then adding them back in, but nothing seems to fix this strange bug.

Edited by TheGamedawg

Uhhh, I'm encountering a major bug(?) here Yanfly. The only plugins I'm using are the ones from your most recent plugin updates, but an issue with the battle system keeps occurring. I can't select skills in battle.

2dbp45w.png

This is what happens when I attempt to select a skill. I can't choose my target, nor can I actually select a skill.

I had this bug before too... Think you might have to manually go to plugin list and click on each plugin as "ON"(even if it says it is on already) then hit "OK". 

Basically after installing the plugins or updating the plugins you have to go through everyone of them and manually click "OK" for the system to register. Then save your game and start new game for everything to kick in. Should be fine after.

YEEART likes this

I had this bug before too... Think you might have to manually go to plugin list and click on each plugin as "ON"(even if it says it is on already) then hit "OK". 

Basically after installing the plugins or updating the plugins you have to go through everyone of them and manually click "OK" for the system to register. Then save your game and start new game for everything to kick in. Should be fine after.

Oh my... thanks!

It actually worked :)

Hello Yanfly!  I found an odd glitch involving the Equip plugin.  I can't find out how to fix it.

Plugin Name: YEP_EquipCore

Error Message/How to ReplicateThere's really no error message.  It's just a strange occurrence having to do with how the plugin appears to handle initialized equipment.  Here's the story.  In my game, you equip one weapon and 3 accessories.  I set one accessory to the initialized equipment as a test, then another, but later I decided to add one in for good, and it had a strange interaction with the plugin.

http://imgur.com/a/yTD94

This image is what the initialized equipment is now, as well as what it shows up as when I attempt to start a new game.  For some reason, it seems to of locked in the previous equipment I had, and I can't find a way to fix it.  Now, I have downloaded the 1.04 patch, which claims to of fixed some initialized equipment bug, but this is still happening.  I've tried turned the plugin off then back on, uninstalling it then reinstalling it back into my project.  Getting rid of the notetags in this charater's actor's slot in the database then adding them back in, but nothing seems to fix this strange bug.

This is due to an error with the RPG Maker MV editor not updating the Actors.json files properly when changing the System tab's equipment type. I'm going to make a guess that you've changed the equipment types within the systems tab to less. Here's how you'll fix it:

1. Go to your game's database system tab. 
  2. Change your equipment types to the original 5, Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory. Click OK.
  3. Save your project.
  4. Start your game.
  5. Exit your game.
  6. Exit the editor.
  7. Open back up the editor.
  8. Go into your database's actor's tab.
  9. Remove all of the starting equipment. They will have nothing equipped.
  10. Once this is done, go back to the system tab and change it back to Weapon, Accessory, Accessory, Accessory or whatever you wanted it as.
  11. Don't go to the Actor tab yet. Instead, click OK, save your project. Start your game. Exit your game.
  12. Go back into the Database, then reassign your starting equipment.

They really need to get that bug fixed for the MV editor. :/

Woohooo, damage core! :D

Found a bug my dear Senpai.

The action sequence tag for "damage rate: x%" doesn't seem to register.

I re-downloaded and updated every one of your plugins to make sure I wasn't using an older version of the core/battlecore engine and still, it's not registering.

So this leads onto my second question then, for the ATB. What would I need to do to for the atb gauge to fill up by agi + luk + atk + m.atk rather than agi alone? 

It'd be awesome if someone could help me with this  :( ....

Woohooo, damage core! :D

Found a bug my dear Senpai.

The action sequence tag for "damage rate: x%" doesn't seem to register.

I re-downloaded and updated every one of your plugins to make sure I wasn't using an older version of the core/battlecore engine and still, it's not registering.

That's strange. I just tested it and it works.

<target action>

damage rate: 50%

action effect

damage rate: 100%

action effect

damage rate: 150%

action effect

damage rate: 200%

action effect

damage rate: 300%

action effect

damage rate: 400%

action effect

damage rate: 500%

action effect

</target action>

That made the damage go progressively higher.

So this leads onto my second question then, for the ATB. What would I need to do to for the atb gauge to fill up by agi + luk + atk + m.atk rather than agi alone? 

It'd be awesome if someone could help me with this   :( ....

For that, you'd have to modify the code.
Game_Battler.prototype.atbSpeedTick = function() {    var value = this.agi;    if (BattleManager.atbRubberband()) {      var min = BattleManager.atbMinimumSpeed();      var max = BattleManager.atbMaximumSpeed();      value = value.clamp(min, max);    }    return value * BattleManager.tickRate();};

Change the var value = bit to

Game_Battler.prototype.atbSpeedTick = function() {    var value = this.agi + this.atk + this.mat + this.luk;    if (BattleManager.atbRubberband()) {      var min = BattleManager.atbMinimumSpeed();      var max = BattleManager.atbMaximumSpeed();      value = value.clamp(min, max);    }    return value * BattleManager.tickRate();};
Edited by Yanfly

Is it possible to do lunatic damage formulas for weapons using note tags? (replacing #1 attack skill)

Edited by Farr

For that, you'd have to modify the code.
Game_Battler.prototype.atbSpeedTick = function() {    var value = this.agi;    if (BattleManager.atbRubberband()) {      var min = BattleManager.atbMinimumSpeed();      var max = BattleManager.atbMaximumSpeed();      value = value.clamp(min, max);    }    return value * BattleManager.tickRate();};

Change the var value = bit to

Game_Battler.prototype.atbSpeedTick = function() {    var value = this.agi + this.atk + this.mat + this.luk;    if (BattleManager.atbRubberband()) {      var min = BattleManager.atbMinimumSpeed();      var max = BattleManager.atbMaximumSpeed();      value = value.clamp(min, max);    }    return value * BattleManager.tickRate();};

I'm slightly baffled. Where do I edit the code? Is it via javascript or the plugin?

If it IS javascript, is it possible if you could do a personal one for me, as I do not have javascript? Thanks anyway if you aren't able to  :)

edit: wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by einlanzer

This is awesome. My only concern with this is that Agility goes from not mattering enough in the dbs to mattering too much in this system. Is there any way to adjust the formulas to where there's a base plus partial additive for agi?  In other words, I'd like to have a range for agility between 200-500, but I don't want someone with 500 agility to get 2.5 times the number of turns as someone with 200 agility. 1.5 times would be more appropriate.

I'm unable to replicate your error at all...

Here's what it looks like in mine. I don't believe I have any plugins that would modify the item menu behavior, and I haven't modified the game's core scripts of my project. (Don't minde the background map; it's a debug room :P )

XTGLwzt.jpg

FysMDOL.jpg

sOGsSVb.jpg

THhTXqj.jpg

Q9cA4nX.jpg

(Inserting this sentence here so that the two images do not look like a combined image)

VbPlyP7.jpg

Put a space between Slots: and 0. You have yours as Slots:0

This is awesome. My only concern with this is that Agility goes from not mattering enough in the dbs to mattering too much in this system. Is there any way to adjust the formulas to where there's a base plus partial additive for agi?  In other words, I'd like to have a range for agility between 200-500, but I don't want someone with 500 agility to get 2.5 times the number of turns as someone with 200 agility. 1.5 times would be more appropriate.

By default settings, this wouldn't happen if you have the Rubberbanding setting going on. The rubberband setting prevents slower battlers from falling behind.

I'm slightly baffled. Where do I edit the code? Is it via javascript or the plugin?

If it IS javascript, is it possible if you could do a personal one for me, as I do not have javascript? Thanks anyway if you aren't able to   :)

You can open up JS files with notepad. :)

Edit: Somehow I missed this question:

Is it possible to do lunatic damage formulas for weapons using note tags? (replacing #1 attack skill)

You sure can! Use the lunatic notetag and put this in the Attack Skill:

<damage formula>if (a.isEnemy()) {   value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;} else {  var weapon = a.equips()[0]  if (!weapon) {    value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 1) {    value = a.atk * 8 - b.def * 4;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 2) {    value = a.atk * 6 - b.def * 3;  } else {    value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;  }}</damage formula>wtypeId is the weapon type ID

Make your own custom modifications to it and you're set!
Edited by Yanfly
Vassim74 likes this

and weapon ID = wId?

So it would be something like;

else if (weapon.wId === 1) {

value = x - y

} else if (weapon.wId === 2) {

value = z - a

}

is this right?

<damage formula>

if (a.isEnemy()) {

value = a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2;

} else {

var weapon = a.equips()[0]

if (!weapon) {

} else if (weapon.wtypeId === 1) {

value = a.atk * 8 - b.def * 4;

} else if (weapon.wtypeId === 2) {

value = a.atk * 6 - b.def * 3;

} else {

}

}

</damage formula>

wtypeId is the weapon type ID

That is unbelievable awesome, these damage formulas give a whole new level of depth to the game!

Just curious, was there anything like that in previous Makers, or can something like that only archieved by the Power of GreyscullJavascript?

and weapon ID = wId?

So it would be something like;

else if (weapon.wId === 1) {

value = x - y

} else if (weapon.wId === 2) {

value = z - a

}

is this right?

It would be just weapon.id :)

That is unbelievable awesome, these damage formulas give a whole new level of depth to the game!

Just curious, was there anything like that in previous Makers, or can something like that only archieved by the Power of GreyscullJavascript?

It was possible, but the limitations of the notebox back in the day made it near impossible to achieve because they wordwrapped. This means long code strings would have to be broken up in such a way that it'd be horrendous to work with.

This is due to an error with the RPG Maker MV editor not updating the Actors.json files properly when changing the System tab's equipment type. I'm going to make a guess that you've changed the equipment types within the systems tab to less. Here's how you'll fix it:

2. Change your equipment types to the original 5, Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory. Click OK.
  3. Save your project.
  4. Start your game.
  5. Exit your game.
  6. Exit the editor.
  10. Once this is done, go back to the system tab and change it back to Weapon, Accessory, Accessory, Accessory or whatever you wanted it as.
  11. Don't go to the Actor tab yet. Instead, click OK, save your project. Start your game. Exit your game.

I'll try that and see what happens.

Edited by TheGamedawg

For this, I'll go ahead and link my response I made here. To cut it short, I can do it, but it'd have two results as of now: 1) rewrite the way to do it and break compatibility with other plugins made by other people or 2) don't include it and maintain compatibility with plugins made by other people. I opted for 2 until I can figure out a solution.

I came here to post this and luckily read through the posts first. It makes me sad that the way MV is coded that it makes this hard to do. I really hope all of the expert coders in this community can come up with a way to bypass this so we can have a true no-wait ATB! :) Only making this post to add to the list of people who really do desire this functionality!

EDIT:

Actually. I'm having a possible error report with the ATB system. It seems to be do to when when party character kills an enemy and the other character still has an action to do. The error reads: TypeError Cannot read property of 'startanimation' of undefined.

I have 2 characters in the party. I have the first one with an OP magic spell that kills all enemies. Then when the second character acts, she casts the default fire spell on the dead enemy location and then appears that error.

My scripts are in this order: 

CoreEngine .05

MainMenuManager 1.01

MessageCore 1.03a

BattleEngineCore 1.12a

ActSeqPack1 1.07

ActSeqPack 2 1.04

ActSeqPack3 1.01

BattleSysATB 1.02a

OrangeMoveCharacter (handles pathfinding. Outside of battle)

Edit2: Added version numbers

EDIT3: (WHEW!) I am also now attaching the console as I just learned how to do that with F8 :)

TypeError: Cannot read property 'startAnimation' of undefined    at file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1594:20    at Array.forEach (native)    at Window_BattleLog.showNormalAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1593:18)    at Function.BattleManager.actionActionAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1816:23)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1453:16)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:838:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:542:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:1107:57)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1409:15)
Edited by starcrescendo
Yanfly likes this

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined
    at Function.BattleManager.tickRate (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:663)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateATBTicks (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:834)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateATBPhase (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:828)
    at Function.BattleManager.update (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:812)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)

Any quick fix for this?

BattleEngineCore is turned on and set to atd

Crashes right when the fight starts.

If I use the plugin Commands to turn it off and on, it only sets it to off and does nothing.

I came here to post this and luckily read through the posts first. It makes me sad that the way MV is coded that it makes this hard to do. I really hope all of the expert coders in this community can come up with a way to bypass this so we can have a true no-wait ATB! :) Only making this post to add to the list of people who really do desire this functionality!

EDIT:

Actually. I'm having a possible error report with the ATB system. It seems to be do to when when party character kills an enemy and the other character still has an action to do. The error reads: TypeError Cannot read property of 'startanimation' of undefined.

I have 2 characters in the party. I have the first one with an OP magic spell that kills all enemies. Then when the second character acts, she casts the default fire spell on the dead enemy location and then appears that error.

My scripts are in this order: 

CoreEngine .05

MainMenuManager 1.01

MessageCore 1.03a

BattleEngineCore 1.12a

ActSeqPack1 1.07

ActSeqPack 2 1.04

ActSeqPack3 1.01

BattleSysATB 1.02a

OrangeMoveCharacter (handles pathfinding. Outside of battle)

Edit2: Added version numbers

EDIT3: (WHEW!) I am also now attaching the console as I just learned how to do that with F8 :)

TypeError: Cannot read property 'startAnimation' of undefined    at file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1594:20    at Array.forEach (native)    at Window_BattleLog.showNormalAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1593:18)    at Function.BattleManager.actionActionAnimation (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1816:23)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1453:16)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:838:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:542:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382:58)    at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:1107:57)    at Function.BattleManager.updateActionTargetList (file:///E:/Projects/Games/MoonGuardians01/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1409:15)

Thanks for the catch and detailed explanation! Others have mentioned the same bug to me before, but since they didn't explain how they got it, I wasn't sure of how to replicate it. But now that I managed to do it, I managed to fix it, too!

You can grab the fix here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/07/plugin-updates-round-16/#more-608

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined

at Function.BattleManager.tickRate (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:663)

at Function.BattleManager.updateATBTicks (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:834)

at Function.BattleManager.updateATBPhase (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:828)

at Function.BattleManager.update (/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js:812)

at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050)

at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)

at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1576)

Any quick fix for this?

BattleEngineCore is turned on and set to atd

Crashes right when the fight starts.

If I use the plugin Commands to turn it off and on, it only sets it to off and does nothing.

You're using an outdated version of Battle Engine Core without the updates. You can download the newest versions of the plugins from here:

starcrescendo likes this

3. Save your project.
  4. Start your game.
  5. Exit your game.
  6. Exit the editor.

I'm sorry but it didn't seem to of worked.  I have a few questions though.  You state that this is a bug with MV's database as a whole, and I would imagine that the MV team is working hard to iron out that kind of thing.  So even though I can't get this to work right now, what would you say the likelihood of the bug in MV being fixed and the problem resolving itself as a result.  Is the bug already reported?

And what exactly is a Actors.json?  Where is it located, and as someone who isn't too code-savy, how difficult would it be to edit it directly and fix the problem from the inside-out?

I freakin' thought so! I don't know much Java but hoping to get my learn on with this software. I appreciate the help my friend!

Though now it seems to be working I can not see the speed gauges during a battle... either one ( 1 or 2 ). It does seem to give me my turn on time and everything, just can't see them. Tried to re-install both plug-ins and check all the others. Nothing yet... anyone else?

Edited by illuminaZero

i'm trying to make a duo tech skill with jay's duo tech plugin to have the 2nd actor in party move around along with the attack animation with the 1st actor. Is there a way to do this in the action sequence expansions? I only know how to move the user actor

nvm figured it out,

character x used to select ID target. Thank you.

Edited by Sol Rising