Khas

Khas Engine Sapphire Action System IV

117 posts in this topic

SASIV.png

- Introduction:
An ABS, plus a Pixel Movement and a Particle Engine. The result? SAS IV.

- Features:
Full Pixel Movement
Khas Particle Engine powered
Realistic Collisions
Awesome Gameplay
High customization
Weapon icon
Easy to use
Skills
Lag free
Damage PopUp
Optimized HUD
Voice
And more...

- Add-ons:
Optimized HUD with HP, MP, EXP and Skill
Damage PopUp script
Heal player when Level Up

- Instructions:
All the instructions are on the SAS IV demo.
Please read them carefully.

Video:

- Screenshots:
print5.jpg
print4.jpg
print3.jpg
print2.jpg
print1.jpg

- Links:
Terms of Use: English - Read before use
Download: English - Latest version
Blog: Click Here!

- Credits:
Created by Khas Arcthunder.
A special thanks to OmTsTM for testing SAS and recording the video.

I just wanna say that this battle system is godly.

Great job on it.

i like but it is way way way to complicated to use :\

Dont give up keep trying to use it and eventually you will get it.

just keep playing with it, if u break it restart.

dont start anything big

and have fun while learning it, the best way to learn right trial and error

Still working on implementing this into my project, but worth the effort. Excellent job on this.

I didn't find this the least bit complicated. The script is well explained and the demo implements all of the features so it's easy to copy/paste events and edit them to suit your needs. I am currently using it in my project! Great work!

Just curious, what happens if you try to use more than one person?

Just curious, what happens if you try to use more than one person?

More party members? Nothing happens.

hello khas i've been implementing this action system of yours in my project.. but the thing is i'm having a trouble.. when some of the character class is a melee type skill user rather than a ranger.. would you mid if you add an option of its a range or melee .. and another thing .. can you make skills like multiple hit.. skills only hit once and the last thing can you add a spell cast animation.. I idmire your work by the way.. i would donate if you made this idea of mine added to your system.. this would be great !! XD

HELP. I can't seem to download it! It just says 403 error! ;_;

Edited by BladesofJustice

BUMP BUMP BUMP

This looks so epic but I really need help!!!

@BladesofJustice: don't bump someone else's topic. Especially one that was posted in 2012. The OP doesn't seem to be active anymore.

@BladesofJustice: don't bump someone else's topic. Especially one that was posted in 2012. The OP doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Really, really sorry. So does that mean I can't install it in my game?

Well, that's unfortunate. This is EXACTLY what I need, but every link is dead already. Bleh. :(

Well, that's unfortunate. This is EXACTLY what I need, but every link is dead already. Bleh. :(

The links arent dead. Just click where it says to go, then click the RPG Maker tab. Sapphire is right at the top.

Anyways, could someone who is familiar with this help me? I cannot figure out how to make the particals.

To say I am a newb when it comes to programing is a GIGANTIC understatement, can anyone tell me how or point me in the direction of how to put this to use? It's exactly what I am looking for, but as I said i wouldnt know where to begin, even after watching the demo, and attempting to read the instructions. My apologies if I am posting in the incorrect place as well, This is honestly my first forum as well, lol.  (aside from LS,guild sites)

Thanks for any help  :D

I'm loving this script so far, it's the easiest real-time battle system I've found, but I do have a question. If I enter a map that's more than 30X30 tiles, the load time for that map is increased by about a whole second. Now, with 500X500 tile maps, that takes about 15-20 seconds to load, while without the script it loads almost instantly. This isn't a game breaking bug, but it gets quite annoying, especially since I've built my maps to be huge. I thought it might be another script, but I made a 500X500 map on the demo and it still lagged. Can anyone confirm if this is common, or if it's just my PC? Thanks!

Well, I think that's normal with scripts that somehow affects the whole map... I think I've seen on this script or MOG's script that they actually don't suggest using these systems in really large maps...

Ok, I'll figure something out. Maybe there are certain options that can be disabled to speed it up? Thanks for the fast reply!

you can try implementing Anti-lag scripts if you haven't done so already

I never knew those kind of scripts existed. It didn't help with the SAS script, but it would be really good to have an anti-lag script on hand, so thanks anyway!

EDIT: Nevermind, I've kinda fixed it. I was originally going to use a different ABS, but I couldn't get to work, so I found this one. I just tried using the old one again and it works now! You know why? Because last time I forgot to export four pictures...   :stare:. So, again, thank you for helping me!

Edited by SkullFire58

I'm using The Ultimate Overlay Script with this. SO I'm not restricted to VXA Square style and Sapphire Action System's native Pixel Movement functionality seems to totally ignore my custom tileset's passability settings. Is there anyone out there who found a smart way to use the collision system or to force passability on it?

Well, I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me like the link to the website is broken. I don't even think there is "arcthunder.com" anymore. I'm sure we would all appreciate your efforts if you were to fix this.

Edited by thatbennyguy