All I remember is a flower...
Nothing too special, just your average everyday flower.
The rest just feels like a blur...
What is it about this flower that is so significant?
I planted some flower seeds.
Today is the day the flower blooms.
Maybe today I can finally make sense of it all.
To finally remember...
- Exploring, finding and using key items
- No battles
- May contain disturbing content for some players
- Custom graphics
- About 30 to 60 minutes of game play
This is a game mostly about interacting with various people and items. There are no battles to fight in this game. The menu has been replaced by your inventory. From the inventory you can inspect objects or try to combine them with others. Interacting with NPCs and objects gives you the option to speak/use or to use an item.
- Arrows to move
- Enter to interact with objects
- Esc or Num0 to open your inventory
- Shift to walk, dashing is automatically enabled
Does not require the RTP to run (28.4 MB).
I was a little overambitious with this game. I wanted to go with custom graphics I did myself but as the deadline drew closer I had to start sacrificing certain things. This meant using placeholder artwork for the tiles and a few NPCs and cutting out certain parts. A few items and puzzles had to be changed, simplified, or removed and there's a certain lack of polish in my opinion. It basically came down to whether or not I wanted to have a game finished in time.
I still plan to work on this game, this is actually just the first part (which was planned before I started cutting corners). There's much more to Adelyn's past and mental state than this game currently shows that I would like to dive deeper into.
- Framerate drops when outside of the house
- There's a debug NPC that saves the game during the ending sequence - removed, only exists in judge's copy
- RPG Maker VXAce - Enterbrain
- RTP - Enterbrain
- Additional graphics - Espon
- Flower - Livinus - http://livinus.deviantart.com
- Music - Enterbrain
- Extra - Shades, Timbre - http://www.freesound.org/
- Victor Sant - http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/
- Yanfly - http://yanflychannel...ress.com/rmvxa/
- Yami - http://yamiworld.wordpress.com/
Edited by Espon, 21 September 2012 - 06:05 PM.